Is it better to do Sat or Sun if only doing 1 day?

thomas998

Original Poster
Decided this year to put Universal into our Disney plans, mostly for the Harry Potter stuff... but after seeing the outrageous prices for their hotels and their decision to charge me for parking at a hotel... Well, the original 2 days at Universal has now been dropped to a one day... Never would have thought it would be cheaper to stay in a Disney resort than Universal but it is... so we are and won't have the one hour early admit to Harry Potter world.... That being the case in mid October would we be better off using a Saturday or Sunday for Universal... We will be skipping any extreme roller coasters and because of the potential for monsters in the closet for the next month will not be doing the Halloween Horror nights as an option to stay in that park later than normal.

Any suggestions?

jloucks

Decided this year to put Universal into our Disney plans, mostly for the Harry Potter stuff... but after seeing the outrageous prices for their hotels and their decision to charge me for parking at a hotel... Well, the original 2 days at Universal has now been dropped to a one day... Never would have thought it would be cheaper to stay in a Disney resort than Universal but it is... so we are and won't have the one hour early admit to Harry Potter world.... That being the case in mid October would we be better off using a Saturday or Sunday for Universal... We will be skipping any extreme roller coasters and because of the potential for monsters in the closet for the next month will not be doing the Halloween Horror nights as an option to stay in that park later than normal.

Any suggestions?

Outrageous prices for hotels? on a day to day basis, I have always found Uni to be cheaper than WDW (not counting cheapest WDW Hotels such as All Star Music).

To answer your question, Sunday would be the day I would go. Saturday it will be boat packed. ...Sunday won't be much better tho.

thomas998

Original Poster
Outrageous prices for hotels? on a day to day basis, I have always found Uni to be cheaper than WDW (not counting cheapest WDW Hotels such as All Star Music).

To answer your question, Sunday would be the day I would go. Saturday it will be boat packed. ...Sunday won't be much better tho.

Yeah I always thought the prices at Universal would be lower, but for whatever reason the hotels the weekend we would need it were hitting just under $500 (i think the cheapest hotels were full) and where we were looking at moderates at Disney that are 165... The 89 line skip cost for 3 people plus the 165 at Disney and I'm still better off there than paying for Universal.

Anyone know if Harry Potter is still a zoo or has some of the newness worn off of it?

sandam1

If you are mostly planning on just doing Harry Potter, the Express Pass won't do you much good as there is no Express Pass within the HP lands.

jloucks

Yeah I always thought the prices at Universal would be lower, but for whatever reason the hotels the weekend we would need it were hitting just under $500 (i think the cheapest hotels were full) and where we were looking at moderates at Disney that are 165... The 89 line skip cost for 3 people plus the 165 at Disney and I'm still better off there than paying for Universal.

Anyone know if Harry Potter is still a zoo or has some of the newness worn off of it?

It was still a complete zoo/madhouse as of May when we went. Not too bad on Tuesday.

Jahona

I can't say exactly if one day is better than the other. I would expect Sunday to be the lighter day compared to Saturday. It's the most popular section of the parks and you will find the shops and walkways crowded once you hit noon. If you really want to do Harry Potter then get the park to park tickets to see both sections and ride the Hogwarts express.

lebeau

I have heard Sunday is the lighter day.

We were there on Father's Day this year (a Sunday obviously) and the place was empty. We had EP, but we really only needed it for Minions. We had about 20 minute waits if that for the Harry Potter attractions and everything else was a walk-on.

Good luck!

BrianV

When are you going? $500 should get you a suite easily, but perhaps all the cheaper rooms have sold out.

I've noticed that the prices have been edging up. But comparing deluxes which is where we usually stay, usually less than 300, more like $250 a night compared to wdw where deluxes are usually $400 plus.

JoeCamel

When are you going? $500 should get you a suite easily, but perhaps all the cheaper rooms have sold out.

I've noticed that the prices have been edging up. But comparing deluxes which is where we usually stay, usually less than 300, more like $250 a night compared to wdw where deluxes are usually $400 plus.

Plus the unlimited express pass for the day which if you are only going for one day is invaluable.

Apples to apples Universal is a better value than WDW. They want your business.

Disneyhead'71

Hearing horror stories about availability this year during HHNs. Good thing they have more rooms on the way.

As to your question, Sun. Is the lesser crowded days, but with the resorts full, it looks like it will still be crowded. My suggestion is hit the park early. Most will still be in bed because of the 2am closing time Sat. Night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom