Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

FigmentJedi

Arguments could be made too about Indiana Jones often dealing with the follies of mankind trying to use supernatural forces they don't understand to control natural forces of the world. This again is a stretch as the focus of Indiana Jones has never been about mankind's relationship to nature in any way. It is about science and mysticism inspired by various cultures. Indiana jones, just due to the nature of the IP, would be easier to make fit in animal Kingdom by telling a new story about some fictional culture that fell because it tried to control nature and focus on the relationships between man and the natural world (especially if some animals were involved). But it is not inherently a good fit for Animal Kingdom.
Or if they go an Indiana Jones and the Lost World route, a good old fashioned "Taking prehistoric beasts out of the Lost World is a terrible idea that leads to people getting eaten in the attempt to catch them and rampages through the city if they actually bring the things back to civilization" story.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I take this to mean Indy is a no-go for DAK and DHS unless plans have changed. To recap with a few ?s: Where do things stand with the boat ride tech and what plans (sans Indy IP) remain for Dinoland's rumored revamp?

Last edited:

TP2000

I think I can say with fair certainty now regarding the OP, no.

We are coming up on the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the Indiana Jones Adventure E Ticket attraction at Disneyland (March, 1995). A similar E Ticket was added to Tokyo six years later (September, 2001).

It would seem the window for adding an Indiana Jones Adventure ride at WDW has long since closed. If they aren't going to add the ride to WDW during the first quarter century of its operation at Disneyland, it would seem to me the decision has been made. :)

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We are coming up on the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the Indiana Jones Adventure E Ticket attraction at Disneyland. A similar E Ticket was added to Tokyo six years later.

It would seem the window for adding an Indiana Jones Adventure ride at WDW has long since closed. If they aren't going to add the ride to WDW during the first quarter century of its operation at Disneyland, it would seem to me the decision has been made. :)
Agreed. The window is probably closed for adding a clone...although it’s a great ride so I still wouldn’t mind it at all. They could add a new, original Indy ride instead. I think it all depends on whether they really reboot the movies. Having synergy with an active IP would make it more attractive. Unlikely still, but more attractive as an investment.

TP2000

It’s a Disneyland-exclusive classic!

( not counting Tokyo)

As fabulous as the Anaheim original is, the Tokyo version takes it up a notch with effects and a grander queue. You can tell they had no problems in Tokyo with building a massive queue on a giant construction pad from scratch, where at Disneyland you have the issue of getting the queue underground, then between Jungle Cruise and Pirates, and then beneath the Railroad berm to get to the actual ride beyond the berm.

Although the digital upgrades the Anaheim version got a couple years ago really narrowed the on-ride effects gap, that air cannon effect in Tokyo is still a brilliant touch.

britain

As fabulous as the Anaheim original is, the Tokyo version takes it up a notch with effects and a grander queue. You can tell they had no problems in Tokyo with building a massive queue on a giant construction pad from scratch, where at Disneyland you have the issue of getting the queue underground, then between Jungle Cruise and Pirates, and then beneath the Railroad berm to get to the actual ride beyond the berm.

Although the digital upgrades the Anaheim version got a couple years ago really narrowed the on-ride effects gap, that air cannon effect in Tokyo is still a brilliant touch.

I prefer the crammed between JC and PotC queue - AND the smallest facade to show building ratio of any Disney attraction in the world (probably)! It makes first-timers really bewildered about what’s coming next!

BasiltheBatLord

Dunno if I agree about Tokyo having a better queue than CA. Tokyo's queue has some rooms where it's just hard to tell what exactly's going on, while the CA queue is super detailed everywhere and packed with clever gags (the pole, the rope etc.). I would definitely say the Tokyo ride is the better version though, the whole section between leaving the main room and entering the boulder scene just works way better.

TP2000

Dunno if I agree about Tokyo having a better queue than CA. Tokyo's queue has some rooms where it's just hard to tell what exactly's going on, while the CA queue is super detailed everywhere and packed with clever gags (the pole, the rope etc.). I would definitely say the Tokyo ride is the better version though, the whole section between leaving the main room and entering the boulder scene just works way better.

Full Disclosure: I've only ever ridden Tokyo's Indy via Fastpass. And because it's Tokyo, the FP is generally a brisk walk from the entrance to the vehicle, so my impressions of Tokyo's queue are vague. I just remember a lot of big, tall and grandly themed rooms in Tokyo, where Anaheim's queue is a winding and intimate series of caverns and creepy hallways and small rooms.

BasiltheBatLord

Full Disclosure: I've only ever ridden Tokyo's Indy via Fastpass. And because it's Tokyo, the FP is generally a brisk walk from the entrance to the vehicle, so my impressions of Tokyo's queue are vague. I just remember a lot of big, tall and grandly themed rooms in Tokyo, where Anaheim's queue is a winding and intimate series of caverns and creepy hallways and small rooms.
Tokyo's IJA queue definitely has one of the most morbid scenes in any Disney attraction ever though (the big room with the pit with all the skeletons thrown in it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom