Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

999th Happy Haunt

Given this whole Duck-verse festival in C&H, I wonder if that is the future of Dinoland. Maybe Dinosaur will get a DuckTales overlay...

I'm totally joking...but it is weird that they went with a Donald Duck theme for this area this summer.
I think it’s just because a new character area was needed in DAK. Ducks are related to dinosaurs so... party?

tribbleorlfl

Given this whole Duck-verse festival in C&H, I wonder if that is the future of Dinoland. Maybe Dinosaur will get a DuckTales overlay...

I'm totally joking...but it is weird that they went with a Donald Duck theme for this area this summer.
Considering the theory of birds evolving from dinosaurs, I personally think a DuckTales overlay for the area makes much more sense than an archeologist inexplicably becoming a paleontologist.

bcoachable

I heard the plan was to replace Dinosaur with Guardians of the Galaxy. Same ride just with a racoon and a walking tree popping up here and there.

Also Ooga Chaka is played on loop the entire time.

And Peter Quill visited the Dino Institute as a child.[/QUOTE]

BUT there is still the issue of getting Cris Pratt pinned down to a contract....
Maybe they can get a twofer...
Pratt as Indy and as Quill All in the same ride??

doctornick

Hopefully "updates" means down with dinorama and in with the excavator. Probably just a dream but would be nice

Yes. Doing that (plus maybe repairing broken effects on Dinosaur) effectively "fixes" Dinoland just fine. Personally, I'd like to see that coupled with moving over the soon to be removed Bug's Land rides from DCA into DAK. Not that I love Bug's Land or anything, but they fit the theme of DAK as well as any IP, would be cheap/easy to move, and could replace the capacity of Dinorama (both in terms of actual attraction capacity, but also in terms of having some kid friendly rides).

Movielover

Why do I feel like Park execs just have a giant dart board with all the ride's names on it and each week they throw a dart to randomly pick a ride to announce it's closure just to see how much of our collective **** we loose...

Robbiem

Yes. Doing that (plus maybe repairing broken effects on Dinosaur) effectively "fixes" Dinoland just fine. Personally, I'd like to see that coupled with moving over the soon to be removed Bug's Land rides from DCA into DAK. Not that I love Bug's Land or anything, but they fit the theme of DAK as well as any IP, would be cheap/easy to move, and could replace the capacity of Dinorama (both in terms of actual attraction capacity, but also in terms of having some kid friendly rides).

Bugs land would be an ideal addition to animal kingdom im surprised this hasny happened already

Princess Leia

Why do I feel like Park execs just have a giant dart board with all the ride's names on it and each week they throw a dart to randomly pick a ride to announce it's closure just to see how much of our collective **** we loose...
They didn’t announce this though. It’s still very much in rumor phase, though it seems like Indy was/is a top contender for Dinosaur (grumble, grumble).

flyerjab

At this point I am pretty certain that I am one of the few people on this forum that won't be bothered by this. But I also wouldn't be bothered if Indy ended up in DHS. I just think that if any imagineer could do Indiana Jones justice it is Joe Rohde. I know to many it is sin to put that IP in DAK but man could he knock a ride/land like that out of the park as they say.

Kman101

At this point I am pretty certain that I am one of the few people on this forum that won't be bothered by this. But I also wouldn't be bothered if Indy ended up in DHS. I just think that if any imagineer could do Indiana Jones justice it is Joe Rohde. I know to many it is sin to put that IP in DAK but man could he knock a ride/land like that out of the park as they say.

IF it's executed in a certain way, I'd be fine with Indy in AK. I know that's blasphemous to some but oh well ... lol. I agree he can make it work and I'd be more willing to trust it in his hands. But they don't have the best track record of shoving in IP so I'm also a bit wary (I've long been OK with IP in certain 'no no' parks if done right, but sadly, they couldn't even do UP in Flights of Wonder correctly).

I'd just prefer the boat ride in DHS and it featuring Indy. It feels perfect to me because the park needs a water ride (maybe the execs don't agree but most of us do) and Indy is begging for an attraction. I'm kind of stuck on/obsessed with the idea, lol.

Either way, I'd like something to be chosen and for them to get moving on it. And personally I'd like confirmation either way. We've got a lot of conflicting information. I trust our insiders of course but I know many want to believe the one side that 'hasn't heard' about. That didn't sound like an outright denial to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While 2 of our insiders are hearing about only the possibility of DinoRama being touched, 2 others are hearing a 'conversion' of DINOSAUR, and that's why the rumors in turmoil...

I’ve been informed by someone I trust that this project is being readied for conversion on an expeditious timeline. Expect DINOSAUR to close next year. More news when I get it. Also, a weird twist... the budget is being shared with Paris.

I have not been able to confirm this current info, but the unverified rumor mill is saying yes to Indy but not the big S. Am. pitch. Dinos staying. And Dinorama gets replaced with a new version of the Excavator coaster.

That leaves the Shanghai PotC ride system still up in the air.

So an upgraded dino E Ticket slathered in a popular IP and a coaster. Why does this plan sound so familiar?

Imagine if you will, instead of Indy being chased by a boulder, him being chased by a Carnataur.

doctornick

To be honest, I feel that if IJ was put into DAK, that Rohde would indeed make it work. I'm not really bothered by the idea in the sense of "it will destroy the theming in DAK" or anything. It can work if properly executed.

My main gripes are that (1) it is a complete waste of resources because Dinosaur is perfectly good and so spending the money to convert it to Indy is just a waste at a resort that has plenty of other needs, (2) DHS needs a lot more help beyond what is planned and IJ would be a better fit there and (3) I'd rather see them focus on other areas of DAK to actually expand that park.

I'm sure Indy in Dinoland would be cool, but a Shanghai POTC tech Indiana Jones boat ride in DHS would be a very exciting idea (if that's actually a possibility) and exactly what that park needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom