Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Princess Leia

But the carnotaurus will be the same just like on dinosaur right?
We don't know until we see concept art or until it actually opens.
Like Eric said, we really won't know anything for awhile, because it's still in the rumor phase. It took about 6 months between the thread of France getting a ride and the thread about Disney confirming it to be Ratatouille, and the thread about a Brazil pavilion has been going on for over a year, with no confirmation from Disney yet. Sometimes, like in the UK ride or Stitch threads, ideas change completely (the UK ride changed from Brave to Mary Poppins, and yet we still don't have confirmation from Disney). And then sometimes, confirmed plans from Disney just don't happen (like the theater in Magic Kingdom).

Even when concept art is posted, that can change too. Example: Toy Story Land's concept art in 2015...
Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

... and 2016
Toy-Story-Land_Full_27411.jpg

So we really know nothing until an attraction opens.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Oh, internet. Is there no idea that you don't already have multiple images of?

Performing a similar search.... there is actually a published book called "Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs"... so I guess that begs the question... is Indiana Jones + Dinosaurs canon? Is it meant to be? (If so, the name of the attraction better not be Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs because I really think they could do better with regards to a name...)

https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jone...preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

mmelka

Well, after seeing those pictures, its hard to argue Indiana Jones and Dinosaurs! /sarcasm
Performing a similar search.... there is actually a published book called "Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs"... so I guess that begs the question... is Indiana Jones + Dinosaurs canon? Is it meant to be? (If so, the name of the attraction better not be Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs because I really think they could do better with regards to a name...)

https://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jone...preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

I think that Indiana Jones and the Lost World is the best name personally, though I am sure many would say its too close to a certain Jurassic Park sequel.

SteamboatJoe

I don't get some of the hate for the Dinosaur ride. It isn't a classic and could use a refresh maybe but it's a fun experience with a solid story that it executes well enough. And this from someone who has never even seen the film. I wouldn't be heartbroken if it was ever replaced but I would not be a fan of forcing an IP that doesn't make sense in that park just to get rid of it.

Professortango1

I don't get some of the hate for the Dinosaur ride. It isn't a classic and could use a refresh maybe but it's a fun experience with a solid story that it executes well enough. And this from someone who has never even seen the film. I wouldn't be heartbroken if it was ever replaced but I would not be a fan of forcing an IP that doesn't make sense in that park just to get rid of it.

I don't hate it, I just don't find it a solid Disney attraction. Seeker is annoying and cuts down on the drama. The majority of ride is wandering around looking; not a very compelling story. It just seems like the ride doesn't survive on its own, it constantly needs a narrator telling us what's going on so we care. "Remember, we're here to find that dino! Oh! There's a dino over there. Identify. Hmm, that's not our dino, we need to keep looking. Here's one. Oh, he's scary, drive away! Okay, here's another dino, not ours but at least this one isn't scary. Asteroids, move right, then left, then right..." Shut up and let the actions of the ride speak for themselves. And if they don't, fix it.

Princess Leia

I don't hate it, I just don't find it a solid Disney attraction. Seeker is annoying and cuts down on the drama. The majority of ride is wandering around looking; not a very compelling story. It just seems like the ride doesn't survive on its own, it constantly needs a narrator telling us what's going on so we care. "Remember, we're here to find that dino! Oh! There's a dino over there. Identify. Hmm, that's not our dino, we need to keep looking. Here's one. Oh, he's scary, drive away! Okay, here's another dino, not ours but at least this one isn't scary. Asteroids, move right, then left, then right..." Shut up and let the actions of the ride speak for themselves. And if they don't, fix it.
When they refurbed the ride last year, it would have been best to get a new film that tweaked the story a bit. They did it with Mission:Space, so I don't see why it can't be done to Dinosaur. It would have no effect on the ride system itself too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom