Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

Correct and it is way OVERRATED. Gosh that feels so good to say now after recently finally riding it. It’s a fine ride but it’s far from the second coming. I found it boring after the 3rd ride. The other LPS are better imo overall.

Many guests love it. To each their own and all. I think it'd fit Animal Kingdom just fine if it were tweaked (but, it's never coming so none of it really matters). And the design of the monkey were more realistic as originally designed. Why should it matter that it was the Haunted Mansion for Hong Kong? I've only seen videos of it so I can't personally judge the ride. I didn't think it was quite as amazing as it was made out to be but I enjoy the lack of IP, to a certain degree (SEA and all that jazz is still kind of IP in a way) and I think that's why many clamor for it. It's well done but, like with Rat, could probably have been done a little better. IMO. It looks fun but long gone are the days of long, expansive dark rides and that's a shame.

jaxonp

Many guests love it. To each their own and all. I think it'd fit Animal Kingdom just fine if it were tweaked (but, it's never coming so none of it really matters). And the design of the monkey were more realistic as originally designed. Why should it matter that it was the Haunted Mansion for Hong Kong? I've only seen videos of it so I can't personally judge the ride. I didn't think it was quite as amazing as it was made out to be but I enjoy the lack of IP, to a certain degree (SEA and all that jazz is still kind of IP in a way) and I think that's why many clamor for it. It's well done but, like with Rat, could probably have been done a little better. IMO. It looks fun but long gone are the days of long, expansive dark rides and that's a shame.

I’ve ridden all three LPS rides. Rat looks the worst on YouTube but is perhaps the best experience in person. I like and hate things about all three and they are all really different. One thing- MM is not HM level and it’s not a replacement. All I can say is I thought it would be the best based on what I saw on YouTube. It’s not, imo. Samw thing with pirates and tron.. tron is better in person... pirates, while great, wasn’t as good as I thought It’d be.

Kman101

I’ve ridden all three LPS rides. Rat looks the worst on YouTube but is perhaps the best experience in person. I like and hate things about all three and they are all really different. One thing- MM is not HM level and it’s not a replacement. All I can say is I thought it would be the best based on what I saw on YouTube. It’s not, imo. Samw thing with pirates and tron.. tron is better in person... pirates, while great, wasn’t as good as I thought It’d be.

People do make the ride out to be the second coming, lol.

It's always interesting to see how we all have different takes on things. Pirates seems universally beloved, lol.

jaxonp

People do make the ride out to be the second coming, lol.

It's always interesting to see how we all have different takes on things. Pirates seems universally beloved, lol.

Pirates is good! The ride system is incredible. Sections of it are outstanding. Sections of it are mediocre. The ride favors row one in the screen sections. The cgi is poor. I’m disappointed in the cgi so much actually. It looks like something sea world would have done. This is Disney, you own ILM or whomever does that stuff. It should have been better imo. I think the reaction to pirates is mostly right. We’ve just never seen a boat do what it can do in water, which is really really neat to be apart of.

TeriofTerror

So are these rumors true
It helps to keep in mind that Disney changes their minds a lot. So even if this is true right now, their plans could change tomorrow. We see this happen frequently.
One of the most common reasons for plans to change is that budgets get cut, and when that happens, the cheapest option is to leave something the way it is. If Dinosaur stands a chance of being saved, this will likely be why. :)

Jones14

I mean, I see why they want to do this. DHS will hit capacity on a regular basis through the 50th anniversary, and the addition of a single ride to its mix will bring even more guests to the already overwhelmed park.

EPCOT will have Ratatouille to draw guests over, and the Magic Kingdom will continue to have Cinderella Castle, so it will still be #1.

That leaves Animal Kingdom, which already has more parkwide capacity than it needs in a day (which is a good thing. Animal Kingdom is the only Disney park in Florida with capacity that is properly matched to the numbers it gets) and 3 years past its last major expansion.

Add in an easy overlay (based on a slightly fresher, if less fitting IP) and the otherwise empty horizon of expansion for the next several years to a park that could easily absorb a couple extra thousand a day, and boom. Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Temple.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I mean, I see why they want to do this. DHS will hit capacity on a regular basis through the 50th anniversary, and the addition of a single ride to its mix will bring even more guests to the already overwhelmed park.

EPCOT will have Ratatouille to draw guests over, and the Magic Kingdom will continue to have Cinderella Castle, so it will still be #1.

That leaves Animal Kingdom, which already has more parkwide capacity than it needs in a day (which is a good thing. Animal Kingdom is the only Disney park in Florida with capacity that is properly matched to the numbers it gets) and 3 years past its last major expansion.

Add in an easy overlay (based on a slightly fresher, if less fitting IP) and the otherwise empty horizon of expansion for the next several years to a park that could easily absorb a couple extra thousand a day, and boom. Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Temple.
Good points, although DHS still needs a lot more capacity to handle the Star Wars crowds....

jaxonp

Animal kingdom is already hitting points when it’s hard to walk there when it’s busy. It also needs more capacity. New builds, not overlays are what all the parks need.

Haymarket2008

Epcot or DHS would get the new ride system.

Interesting.....If I’m correct in thinking, and if the ride system was Shanghai Pirates tech, what would replace Indy as the IP using that ride system at DHS?
*im also incredibly intrigued as to how that would be integrated into Epcot. Presumably the Seas? Or Living with the Land: Supercharged lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom