Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

ToTBellHop

we asked ourselves, internally - we asked ourselves over here... ok, what does a pancreas do?
and the answer was, does it make pirates? no, it makes insulin.

so, whatever comes, rest assured it'll be a monument to compromise.

:p
Personally I prefer the IP integration at DL. Peter Pancreas’s Flight is spectacular with the 60th update. The glucagon AA is so lifelike.

PorterRedkey

What about dinosaur
Hey buddy.

The poster who is giving us this information is reliable. So it should be taken seriously.

And while I believe this probably will happen, it has not been confirmed by any other insiders YET. I would try to hope for the best, but prepare yourself in case these plans come to be and Dinosaur is rethemed.

I would be sad to lose Dinosaur too, it looks really good recently. Have you every ridden Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland? It is a really fun ride too.

Whatever happens, it will be okay. You can PM if you need to chat with someone about it.

PorterRedkey

If this news is true, it is another short-sighted decision. I wish WDW would stop getting rid of attractions that are perfectly fine when so many other attractions need attention.

My guess is the deal is something like this. Paris pays for 2/3, FL for 1/3. AK gets its a "new" e-ticket on the cheap. This won't add to capacity but it will draw some heat off of Avatar and give Disney something big they can market for AK.

Haymarket2008

Speaking as a Californian who loves Indiana Jones Adventure, I admire Dinosaur for being greater than the sum of its non-working parts and I honestly find myself missing it all the time. Dinosaur is the one ride that makes me lose my cool. It’s scary. It lulls you with its very convincing boring museum charade and then hits you hard with the scares. I love it so much and I would hate to see it replaced by a potentially 4x redundant attraction.

THIS. Exactly. Obviously, Indy is a better utilization. But Dinosaur is incredibly unique and a thrilling attraction. I hope this isn't the case.

FigmentForver96

I guess we will take our Galaxy’s Edge and keep our opinions to ourselves.

I assume they will work to keep the land appropriate to DAK and focus on snakes. Lots of snakes. Maybe poison a monkey, have fire ants and serve chilled monkey brain for a DDP snack credit?
Maybe they saw the thematic integrity that Animal Kingdom still had and knew that wasn't going to fly. If Epcot has to go down then we're all going down.

Haymarket2008

I guess we will take our Galaxy’s Edge and keep our opinions to ourselves.

I assume they will work to keep the land appropriate to DAK and focus on snakes. Lots of snakes. Maybe poison a monkey, have fire ants and serve chilled monkey brain for a DDP snack credit?

One would assume! I, at least, hope that it ties in with archaeology and respect for the dangerous natural world. DAK without the dinosaur themes is......crippling.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Bargaining Stage and Idea:

Turn Dinosaur into a redressed Mystic Manor. If not a mystic manor exterior maybe something akin to a Society of Explorers and Adventurers Expo Museum facade. Make the adjoining Dinorama rides based on S.E.A. greatest hits with Chester and Hester becoming an "Albert the monkey"-inspired coaster. Rename land. Move the Dino figs to Planet Watch as learning exhibit, re-imagine Wildlife Express Train as a time-traveling attraction that brings us back to "a land before time" stopping at what would become the NEW Dinoland. Lastly, Put Indy in DHS.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Bargaining Stage and Idea:

Turn Dinosaur into a redressed Mystic Manor. If not a mystic manor exterior maybe something akin to a Society of Explorers and Adventurers Expo Museum facade. Make the adjoining Dinorama rides based on S.E.A. greatest hits with Chester and Hester becoming an "Albert the monkey"-inspired coaster. Rename land. Move the Dino figs to Planet Watch as learning exhibit, re-imagine Wildlife Express Train a time-traveling attraction that brings us back to "a land before time" stopping at what would become the NEW Dinoland. Lastly, Put Indy in DHS.
I would hope they would put Indy in DHS behind the stunt show unless they have bigger plans for DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom