Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Jones14

A double-hitter of a revamped Fantasmic! and a BatB replacement would do WONDERS at pulling guests out of SW throughout the day. Shows may be one and dones for a lot of guests, but they need to do everything they can to push people to the north side of the park.

Plus, you can’t close out the park standing in line for Battle Escape if you’re watching the second showing of Fantasmic! It’s crazy to me how a park so concerned about bursting at the seams is so hesitant to maximize the capacity they already have.

rle4lunch

Keeping the stunt show seems to be the "cheap" option, considering that all their doing is lighting propane on fire and moving a couple props around and then resetting them... Without creating a whole new show and/or plussing it by 500%, I won't be attending.

Movielover

Keeping the stunt show seems to be the "cheap" option, considering that all their doing is lighting propane on fire and moving a couple props around and then resetting them... Without creating a whole new show and/or plussing it by 500%, I won't be attending.

If you think all they are doing is just "moving some props and lighting a little propane" then you really have no idea how much effort and planning goes into that show to keep it going on a daily bases. Also it's a huge insult to the stunt actors who put their life's into risk every time they perform in hopes of providing some kind of entertainment for your closed minded attitude...

Glad you won't be attending, those actors and techs deserve a better audience!

rle4lunch

If you think all they are doing is just "moving some props and lighting a little propane" then you really have no idea how much effort and planning goes into that show to keep it going on a daily bases. Also it's a huge insult to the stunt actors who put their life's into risk every time they perform in hopes of providing some kind of entertainment for your closed minded attitude...

Glad you won't be attending, those actors and techs deserve a better audience!

blah blah blah. The show belongs in a museum. It was great 20 years ago, but now its just played out.
you're right, i should have more respect for people that put their 'lives on the line' everyday to entertain me. pssh. that's what they chose as their profession. :rolleyes: i can respect what they do but if something bad happens to them, it's on them. i've been in the military for 23 years and tell you what, i've done some pretty scary stuff, but do you think that i should feel insulted that people don't appreciate what i've done for them in those instances? no. i could give two poops what you think of me and what i've done.

closed minded? that's a broad, bold statement buddy. you sensitive folk love to jump on and cherry pick words that 'insult or trigger' you in some way just so you can feel like your voice is bigger than someone else's point of view.

hey, you like the show. good for you. i likeED the show, i don't anymore. does that mean i'm less appreciative of the people who work on it? no. it means i don't like the show anymore and feel it should be upgraded or replaced. damn you guys make me sick sometimes with your precious sensitivities to innocuous opinions.

Movielover

blah blah blah. The show belongs in a museum. It was great 20 years ago, but now its just played out.
you're right, i should have more respect for people that put their 'lives on the line' everyday to entertain me. pssh. that's what they chose as their profession. :rolleyes: i can respect what they do but if something bad happens to them, it's on them. i've been in the military for 23 years and tell you what, i've done some pretty scary stuff, but do you think that i should feel insulted that people don't appreciate what i've done for them in those instances? no. i could give two poops what you think of me and what i've done.

closed minded? that's a broad, bold statement buddy. you sensitive folk love to jump on and cherry pick words that 'insult or trigger' you in some way just so you can feel like your voice is bigger than someone else's point of view.

hey, you like the show. good for you. i likeED the show, i don't anymore. does that mean i'm less appreciative of the people who work on it? no. it means i don't like the show anymore and feel it should be upgraded or replaced. damn you guys make me sick sometimes with your precious sensitivities to innocuous opinions.

First of all, thank you for your service. I hold the uttermost respect to all military and police / medical personnel. I hate how some in our society think of and treat the armed forces and police/medical personnel. I actually do think you should feel insulted by people who don't appreciate what you and countless others have done and given to this country.

The reason I called you close minded is because you simply dismissed the incredible amount of work that has to go into running that production. A dismissal that is very similar to ones that our military and police receive on a daily basses so I find it very ironic that you would make a similar statement.

As for the sensitivity statement...
hzSLHhA.gif

I am so not one of those safe space loving snowflakes who cry fowl anytime their vegan soy latte is slightly lukewarm. You shared your opinion, I shared mine. We both don't agree, and I do not like you. Boom, America at it's finest. What does me sick sir is that you lump me in with "that" lot, so we can both be sick together.

I'm sorry that you no longer like the show, its fantastic and I would hate to see it go. Now if you excuse me I need to go fry some bacon.

Kman101

It's still a good show.

It's just time to move on.

I can still love it but think it's time to either change it or move on. But I still want an Indy presence. I also wouldn't object to a ride behind it instead of replacing. They need to stop replacing things.

It's just sad how so many shows at the park are dated and need an update or change.

rle4lunch

First of all, thank you for your service. I hold the uttermost respect to all military and police / medical personnel. I hate how some in our society think of and treat the armed forces and police/medical personnel. I actually do think you should feel insulted by people who don't appreciate what you and countless others have done and given to this country.

The reason I called you close minded is because you simply dismissed the incredible amount of work that has to go into running that production. A dismissal that is very similar to ones that our military and police receive on a daily basses so I find it very ironic that you would make a similar statement.

As for the sensitivity statement...
hzSLHhA.gif

I am so not one of those safe space loving snowflakes who cry fowl anytime their vegan soy latte is slightly lukewarm. You shared your opinion, I shared mine. We both don't agree, and I do not like you. Boom, America at it's finest. What does me sick sir is that you lump me in with "that" lot, so we can both be sick together.

I'm sorry that you no longer like the show, its fantastic and I would hate to see it go. Now if you excuse me I need to go fry some bacon.

I'll take some thick cut applewood smoked slices please.

My statement wasn't to show insensitivity or a lack of respect to anyone, it's called laziness. lol. I don't like to diatribe every nuance of random meandering thoughts that roll through my brain. My first thought of Indy staying is 'that's the TDO way', because they like to do things on the cheap. This seems like a cheap move to keep something running for the sake of not having to spend money (think of the Michael Jackson tribute) while they try and think of something cheaper to replace it with.

Movielover

I'll take some thick cut applewood smoked slices please.

My statement wasn't to show insensitivity or a lack of respect to anyone, it's called laziness. lol. I don't like to diatribe every nuance of random meandering thoughts that roll through my brain. My first thought of Indy staying is 'that's the TDO way', because they like to do things on the cheap. This seems like a cheap move to keep something running for the sake of not having to spend money (think of the Michael Jackson tribute) while they try and think of something cheaper to replace it with.

My love of applewood smoked slices of heaven will always be top, but lately I've been enjoying Irish Rashers (back bacon). Cooked correctly and you have some dang good bacon!

IMO the TDO way would just shut down the show and save on what I can imagine must be very expensive insurance, not only for the actors but add fire on top of that!. I've said this before but I would love an update to the show, even a complete rewrite if they want to take out the "filming of" aspect. An Indy stunt show is just such a perfect fit for the park, which I hope is one of the reasons why it has been kept around.

Anyways I apologize if my original post came off a little strong, just kind of tired of seeing people write off the show as nothing. As a person who works in theater tech I understand the massive operation that that show has... Plus Raider's is my favorite movie so I'm a bit biased. Now if you want to have a laugh about people being too sensitive go read the "Dogs at the Resorts" thread, there's some great comedic material in that loony bin!

rle4lunch

My love of applewood smoked slices of heaven will always be top, but lately I've been enjoying Irish Rashers (back bacon). Cooked correctly and you have some dang good bacon!

IMO the TDO way would just shut down the show and save on what I can imagine must be very expensive insurance, not only for the actors but add fire on top of that!. I've said this before but I would love an update to the show, even a complete rewrite if they want to take out the "filming of" aspect. An Indy stunt show is just such a perfect fit for the park, which I hope is one of the reasons why it has been kept around.

Anyways I apologize if my original post came off a little strong, just kind of tired of seeing people write off the show as nothing. As a person who works in theater tech I understand the massive operation that that show has... Plus Raider's is my favorite movie so I'm a bit biased. Now if you want to have a laugh about people being too sensitive go read the "Dogs at the Resorts" thread, there's some great comedic material in that loony bin!

No need to apologize. I prefer the cold, soulless internet rather than the sticky emotional mess that millenials have made it. lol

You're lucky. My wife gets sick at the smell of bacon cooking, so I either have to cook it out on the grill or not at all. Most of the time, it's not at all.

I agree that it's a (was) perfect fit to the park, but the evolution of the "studios" aspect of it into whatever the heck it is now doesn't lend to the credence that the stunt show should survive. IF, they plan on keeping with the "movie" theme, then I can see some plussed up iteration of the show (minus the filming aspect, cuz that don't fit anymore) as relevant. That said, Indy is my favorite TRILOGY of all time. This was the golden age of Spielberg for me and my formative years as what cinema should be, IMO.

I'll have to search out the dogs at the resort thing. sounds fun.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I’ve been informed by someone I trust that this project is being readied for conversion on an expeditious timeline. Expect DINOSAUR to close next year. More news when I get it. Also, a weird twist... the budget is being shared with Paris.
Is Indy taking over the carnival area too- leaving the boneyard? Also, will Paris get the dinosaur conversion ride too or is that separate item? You are right.... an odd twist.

Sped2424

I’ve been informed by someone I trust that this project is being readied for conversion on an expeditious timeline. Expect DINOSAUR to close next year. More news when I get it. Also, a weird twist... the budget is being shared with Paris.
OH NO someone brace that one user who loves dinosaur for this. Also this if true is such a huge mistake Hollywood needs all the help it can get.

trainplane3

Great. Another "new" attraction that isn't a new build. I won't complain but having Tron and Rat come to WDW gave me hope we'd see more 100% new builds.

Also, paging @MisterPenguin. You got an update to add.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Seems like the wrong choice to me, but what do I know? Why the frequent refusal to create actual new capacity?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom