Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Fox&Hound

I’d like to see what WDI could do using the Shanghai Pirates boat tech at Epcot for a redone JII. Keep the pyramid buildings, but gut the inside and put a boat ride where the track was. Use a combo of screens and physical sets and AA’s. Heck, bring back the rotating carousel for the Flight to Imagination scene, but have the boats sync up to it instead of cars on a track.
Does epcot need another boat ride after frozen and mexico? For a park with limited rides and ride systems, I would not push for another boat ride personally...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know you piece this together, but there's 135 pages here and I have yet to see any of the insiders on here hint at this. Did anyone definitively say Shanghai Pirates tech or just "competing over a ride system"? About the only thing I saw was that Indy was being considered for Dinoland.

I have just recently updated the rumor tracker. @Disneyhead'71 was dropping tidbit after tidbit and the other insiders seemed to confirm it. Lotsa links....

In General / Park Wide
  • The Great Capex Recession {all new}
    • It seems that some of the projects announced and unannounced are being cut or scaled back due to reduction in allotted capex (capital expenditure budget). [here]
      • The D23-announced Main Street Theater looks to be definitely cut (or put off to some indefinite future).
      • It may likely be cancelling or putting off to much later the Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta [here]
  • The Great Park Fight {all new}
    • parks are vying (with the exception of MK) for ride systems (e.g., Shanghai Pirates or FoP Theater) and maybe over an IP (e.g., Indy) [here]
    • Indy for a big DAK version [Dino to Indy; Restarauntosaurus to Adventurer theme, wooden coaster in place of Dinoland, and a non-Indy boat ride replaces Nemo theater all in a Central/South America section of the park] or a cheaper DHS version (which isn't a coaster, but is an E-Ticket [boat ride, likely with Shanghai PotC mechanics] with store & restaurant) [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here]
      • the boat ride IP replacing Nemo is one that isn't used in the parks yet [here]
      • contrary: there is no battle over a single IP (such as Indy), it's over mechanical systems [here] or, indeed there is 2 parks vying for one IP and 3 parks vying for a ride system [here]
    • the E-Ticket that may come to DHS wouldn't be in time for SWL's opening [here] and is likely, if it is greenlighted, to be the boat ride [here]
      • contrary: more Indy isn't greenlit for DHS (but may be later??) [here]
    • The Flight of Passage mechanics is in the mix for cloning at some time in the future [here]

Kman101

I don’t think the spotc system was mentioned by an insider. One insider comfirmed 2 parks were looking at Indy and 3 parks (not MK) were looking at the same ride system. Someone else added the specific ride system, or at least I haven’t seen an insider mention it or hint strongly at it. I may have missed it though.

I also don't believe an insider has shot down the boat ride tech, but I'm not 100% on that. So it's not confirmed but not really denied either.

Kman101

I also said this on Feb. 6th.

This aligns with @marni1971 tidbit about a cheaper Dinoland refresh.

A lot of scaling back of projects going on.

Scaling back always happens, WDW takes two steps foward and the same two steps backwards. It's frustrating.

But I think in this case both parks could benefit still. Dinoland gets a refresh, we lose Dinorama for a coaster. DHS gets an Indy boat ride. I'd be good with that. As long as both actually happen. I of course would prefer more ambition but this can be seen as a win for both parks still. In fact I'm pretty OK with this. Again, should it officially get the greenlight. But even then ... LOL. This company is really hard to trust.

ToTBellHop

I also said this on Feb. 6th.

This aligns with @marni1971 tidbit about a cheaper Dinoland refresh.

A lot of scaling back of projects going on.
in this case, it’s more prudent. Dinoland doesn’t need to be rethemed. It needs updates.

DHS needs the new E ticket. Given the cost of WDI projects, Dinosaur should stay and be plussed. It’s a great ride. No need to pull a GMR here.

Kman101

in this case, it’s more prudent. Dinoland doesn’t need to be rethemed. It needs updates.

DHS needs the new E ticket. Given the cost of WDI projects, Dinosaur should stay and be plussed. It’s a great ride. No need to pull a GMR here.

Best case actually seems to be the "scaling back" here. Both parks win if Dinoland gets an update (same theme of course) and added ride (or two - but that's probably not happening lol) and DHS gets an Indy ride.

No need to retheme Dinosaur to Indy when he can have his place in DHS, giving them yet another E-Ticket they so badly need. It's really a win for both parks.

Kman101

I'd like a family friendly, high capacity dark ride in Dinoland personally.

No reason we couldn't have both a coaster and a dark ride. But, ya know, that costs $$. Maybe they'll surprise us and give us a dark ride (LPS, giving AK it's own) in the Nemo theater. I'd hate to lose the theater but I'm sure they can work one in somewhere else, no?

I also wouldn't mind a retheme of Kali to Jungle Book, as long as they give it a solid makeover. But that's probably pushing it.

Stripes

At the moment. So many proposals and projects have been thrown into a state of flux recently. See the MK Theatre and Mexico for example.
In your opinion, do you think most will leave "flux" unscathed, or will a bunch be scrapped entirely? Also, are the projects a mix of big and small, or mostly small? If you can say, of course. Just hoping the damage isn't too extensive. Did you expect this to happen?

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Well, they could copy the 7DMT mechanics and give us both at the same time. And make it two tracks to increase capacity.
Heck, they could move to The Living Seas with Nemo over from EPCOT - high capacity dark Nemo ride, talk with Crush the Turtle, educate the public about the Seas and it’s right next door to the Nemo theatre show. Disney acts like they don’t know what to do with EPCOT.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I'd like to say they have a good opportunity to turn Dinoland into Australia. But I can't. They don't have enough solid IPs or themes they can employ beyond some kind of S.E.A. storyline. Nemo would fit, but that's about it. Rescuers Down Under? What's odd is that Australia (as dedicated land) in DAK has been rumored for years yet nothing's ever come of it. :shrugs:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom