Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

lol. this thread...

If Indiana Jones is X, and DAK is Y, what is the probability that the hypotenuse squared
of the sum of all the attraction wait times at DHS, minus Bob Iger's annual
salary is equal to the likelihood that Epcot gets a new Imagination attraction?

Show your work.
tenor.gif

Purduevian

So if I've read everything right about these "Tug of Wars".
Tug of War A Indiana Jones/South America (currently leaning toward DHS due to budget?):

DHS Mega E-Ticket*/ Restaurant (Re-theme Backlot Express?)/ Shop vs AK South America/Indy redo of Dinosaur!/ Adventure Re-theme of Restaurantosaurus/ Wooden Roller Coaster/ Indy Themed Bar/ Non-Indy Shanghai Pirates style Boat ride

Tug of War B: No idea, seems to be competing budgets. Involves either AK OR DHS vs EPCOT

You can't get Indy in both AK and DHS

*Would anyone else be on board to start calling Mega E-Tickets, "F-Tickets"?

Ripken10

I believe it was @marni1971 who said it! :)

But, I have to check my notes. I'm at WDW now and am not able to update all the rumor tracker until probably sometime Saturday night. And there's a lot to update.
Someone approved your leave request from the rumor tracker?!? If you are not taking me on said trips, then your leave request should have been denied so you can keep tracking these rumors

FigmentJedi

India makes sense from a thematic standpoint; The Jungle Book is set there, so that could be a fit for the non-Indy boat ride, as is Temple of Doom, which features a chase through a mine that could work as a wooden coaster.

I'm probably putting two and two together and coming up with five. And, given that Asia is currently right next to Dinoland, would a potential India-themed land be part of an expansion of Asia or would it be a separate land?
Asia doesn't even need to expand into Dinoland considering how huge the northern expansion plot is.

olie64

Tug of War A Indiana Jones/South America (currently leaning toward DHS due to budget?):

DHS Mega E-Ticket*/ Restaurant (Re-theme Backlot Express?)/ Shop vs AK South America/Indy redo of Dinosaur!/ Adventure Re-theme of Restaurantosaurus/ Wooden Roller Coaster/ Indy Themed Bar/ Non-Indy Shanghai Pirates style Boat ride

Tug of War B: No idea, seems to be competing budgets. Involves either AK OR DHS vs EPCOT

I think the other is probably a jungle book ride between AK and Epcot where it would be put in an Indian pavilion just my guess.

peter11435

I could be totally wrong, but I don’t think the south side of the park was built with animal enclosures in mind
The south side of the park wasn’t built with a South America either but you can build anything you want.

There are already some minimal animal facilities on the south side supporting the species in the oasis and dinoland. If they were already engaging in a large project in that area animal habits and housing could be constructed as part of the project. Now whether or not they would is another question.

BrianLo

I think the confusion stems from this being in the Indy thread, but piecing together what @marni1971 is saying the tug of war isn't over Indy. It is more over the ride tech and budgets.

Only two parks will get something, sounds like AK just wants something using Shanghai boat tech or some sort of coaster tech (which is maybe the other tug of war). It sounds like they don't really care too much whether that's Indy or Jungle Book. Perhaps DHS isn't even interested in either of those IP and wants to use something like say-Moana-for the boat tech.

I sort of have a feeling the mandate came down to get the Shanghai boat tech in and all the parks want it for themselves.

Of course in this grand scheme of things my rationale brain says DHS and Epcot need it more, but in my heart I want AK to win at least one.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom