Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

rle4lunch

I don't know, Indy has been really busy any time I've been there. I would like to see the show updated with new stunts and dialogue as it hasn't changed a bit but I can't see it going anywhere (and personally would prefer it didn't go anywhere). That may change if they relocate star tours to SWL and free up that lot giving the option to convert the entire space into a new themed land, though I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Again, I attribute the Indy crowd to the fact that the park doesn't offer that much. People would rather see something for the 20th time rather than dealing with bus and monorail transportation to another park sucking up 2 hours of one of their days in the parks.

crxbrett

I don't think the Indy show is going anywhere soon. There's supposed to be a new Indy film in the next 3 or 4 years, reboot or remake. So I assume Disney would maybe update it perhaps, but not demo it. They must see the potential in keeping it with a future Indy film on the horizon.

jimbaker84

Again, I attribute the Indy crowd to the fact that the park doesn't offer that much. People would rather see something for the 20th time rather than dealing with bus and monorail transportation to another park sucking up 2 hours of one of their days in the parks.
Hollywood studios has always been a half day park due to the lack of attractions on offer, but getting rid of Indy isn't going to accomplish anything other than taking the attraction out of service for 18-24 months while it is either demolished and reimagined or the stunt team is re-trained to do a completely new show. The reality is new attractions are needed to soak up the ever increasing guest count. New guest or ones that simply like the Indy show can go see it while other people can entertain themselves elsewhere. Is there anything you want to see introduced to the park/s in particular?

rle4lunch

Hollywood studios has always been a half day park due to the lack of attractions on offer, but getting rid of Indy isn't going to accomplish anything other than taking the attraction out of service for 18-24 months while it is either demolished and reimagined or the stunt team is re-trained to do a completely new show. The reality is new attractions are needed to soak up the ever increasing guest count. New guest or ones that simply like the Indy show can go see it while other people can entertain themselves elsewhere. Is there anything you want to see introduced to the park/s in particular?

True, the demographic of wdw is so diverse, they see thousands of first time visitors from around the world that's never experienced it, which Disney banks on. I imagine it's not that expensive to keep around either making it doubly enticing for Disney to keep.

Considering that each park is now an IP land, it really doesn't matter what they focus on to replace it. The movie theme is represented in each park, so the studios theme is moot.

I really have no clue what should go there.

jimbaker84

True, the demographic of wdw is so diverse, they see thousands of first time visitors from around the world that's never experienced it, which Disney banks on. I imagine it's not that expensive to keep around either making it doubly enticing for Disney to keep.

Considering that each park is now an IP land, it really doesn't matter what they focus on to replace it. The movie theme is represented in each park, so the studios theme is moot.

I really have no clue what should go there.
I would 100% agree on the studios theme, I think that ship sailed the day they closed the backlot tour.

I always thought that an Indy coaster would've been a great addition for the studios. The temple of doom mine car setting would've been perfect for that sort of thing, although it would be difficult to work that into any sort of immersive land they could create on site.

rle4lunch

I would 100% agree on the studios theme, I think that ship sailed the day they closed the backlot tour.

I always thought that an Indy coaster would've been a great addition for the studios. The temple of doom mine car setting would've been perfect for that sort of thing, although it would be difficult to work that into any sort of immersive land they could create on site.

The mine car coaster would've been awesome.

Agreed on the closing of the back lot tour. That was the first nail in the coffin.

Jones14

At this point, my ideal scenario is this:

Toy Story opens, Tower closes (mid-2018)
Tower reopens with version 5 programmed in, Theater of the Stars closes (late 2018)
Theater of the Stars reopens enclosed and with an upgraded version of BatB, Voyage closes (early 2019)
New show replacing Voyage opens (mid 2019)
Star Wars and Mickey open (late 2019)

Of course, I'd be gobsmacked if we got more than the first and last of these.

Cesar R M

True. RETLAW and WED were such. But, his positives far outweigh the negatives we can all agree or else we wouldn't be here.
Noone denies as such. Just I dont like people put these people almost at god level pedestals while claiming they were flawless individuals.
Everyone has flaws.

Cesar R M

At this point, my ideal scenario is this:

Toy Story opens, Tower closes (mid-2018)
Tower reopens with version 5 programmed in, Theater of the Stars closes (late 2018)
Theater of the Stars reopens enclosed and with an upgraded version of BatB, Voyage closes (early 2019)
New show replacing Voyage opens (mid 2019)
Star Wars and Mickey open (late 2019)

Of course, I'd be gobsmacked if we got more than the first and last of these.
I still wish they could have added the Door coaster of Monsters Inc and not Yet Another Toy Story attraction(tm)

Movielover

Agreed on the closing of the back lot tour. That was the first nail in the coffin.

The first nail in the coffin was both Disney and Universal thinking they could turn Orlando into a second Hollywood, building small studio spaces that could not support full scale film endeavors, having to spend more to move productions out to a different coast and not willing to continually invest in the development of the new studios, thus ensuring that Orlando's "Hollywood" fade into history.

Closing what was left of the backlot tour was simply another shovel of dirt burying the coffin.

jimbaker84

Anyways, the original post was about Indy going to the Animal Kingdom. While i wouldn't mind seeing more attractions going into the park, i don't think Indiana Jones as an IP would really fit. There is plenty of room towards the back of the park which could be used to showcase the wildlife of Australia, and if they need an attraction for this area Crushes Coaster from WDS Paris may be a good fit.

ppete1975

I thing something like the new kong ride (not the ride but the walkup..and queue) could be done to make the mine ride immersive in a fairly small footprint. Basically awild mouse in a mountainso its dark but theming outside likekong not everything has to be pandora.

jimbaker84

I thing something like the new kong ride (not the ride but the walkup..and queue) could be done to make the mine ride immersive in a fairly small footprint. Basically awild mouse in a mountainso its dark but theming outside likekong not everything has to be pandora.
Good idea, maybe we'll see something like that if/when star tours moves into SWL or somewhere else on property.

dizda

I have gone back and forth about Indy in DAK. An Indy ride or mini-land would fit better in MK or the old MGM (as I am not sure the stunt show even fits with the new direction for whatever DHS will eventually be called). However, DAK does need more if it is to relieve the other parks. An Indy attraction probably could be made to work in DAK, but should not come at the expense of Dinosaur and Dinoland. Dinoland can still work; they just needs to replace Dinorama and theme the entire land to the Institute and an active dig site without the roadside kitch that gives the land such a cheap look. If that were to happen, I would welcome the addition of an Indy attraction DAK.

EricsBiscuit

I have gone back and forth about Indy in DAK. An Indy ride or mini-land would fit better in MK or the old MGM (as I am not sure the stunt show even fits with the new direction for whatever DHS will eventually be called). However, DAK does need more if it is to relieve the other parks. An Indy attraction probably could be made to work in DAK, but should not come at the expense of Dinosaur and Dinoland. Dinoland can still work; they just needs to replace Dinorama and theme the entire land to the Institute and an active dig site without the roadside kitch that gives the land such a cheap look. If that were to happen, I would welcome the addition of an Indy attraction DAK.
It's just after seeing dinosaur a month ago I really started to think how Disney should replace it. It's too dark, not enough detail and just isn't as fun as Indy. Indy definitely could fit in now that I think of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom