Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

I think that the show could be refreshed as we've had the same set pieces and dialogue for over 20 years now. Would prefer to see an additional attraction rather than yet another replacement because let's face it, the crowds aren't going to get any lighter when SWL opens.

Absolutely solid point I forgot to mention: we need ADDITIONS, not anymore subtractions. The sad part is though, Indy likely could use a refresh, and Mermaid (the DHS show) is LONG PAST DUE for a change out. Not to mention Beauty and the Beast, while still a good show, needs a refresh if they want to keep B&TB as a show, but even then I wouldn't mind something new. Three shows that really need something new in the theaters.

You'd think if they relaunch the park in 2019 with the opening of Mickey/Minnie and Star Wars (with Toy Story land opening this year as part of the overhaul of course) and a new name they wouldn't want three 20+ year old shows still in the park, but hey, what do I know? (Also not to mention the Animation Courtyard needs an overhaul as well, or demoed for a new land). So it's tough because they've put themselves in a bad spot with the parks. Many things do need replacements but we also need many (many) additions.

I get wanting Mickey and Minnie in the front of the park, I get (but don't like, because let's face it, they CAN afford what they say they can't) not wanting to keep GMR as is and they saw an opportunity, but the GMR should have been totally refreshed with M&M into the Animation Courtyard. No reason they can't do the Launch Bay stuff elsewhere IMHO.

Also Guardians should have been a new build in either DHS or Tomorrowland at the MK. I don't necessarily mind losing Energy as it was and I don't cling to it NEEDING to still be about Energy but a coaster can't have nearly the same capacity as that ride had.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble ... lol

Cameron1529

I think that the show could be refreshed as we've had the same set pieces and dialogue for over 20 years now. Would prefer to see an additional attraction rather than yet another replacement because let's face it, the crowds aren't going to get any lighter when SWL opens.

I can understand where you are coming from. Coming from someone who has only seen it onc, it’s a great show for any first time viewers but would not be something that I would continually go back to.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Considering the park has dropped the "working studio" facade (pun intended) the show no longer seems big. Great show but the land could be used in a better and more immersive way. With a different IP.

Hollywood is too small for Indy.
They had the chance six years ago. For the foreseeable future the show will continue. But it does mess with the parks new direction.

mikejs78

Premium Member
They had the chance six years ago. For the foreseeable future the show will continue. But it does mess with the parks new direction.
Is it still on the potential block for one of the shows to be replaced over the next few years? Still seems like a people-eater to me so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it around.

rle4lunch

I agree, something new to be a better people eater when swl launches. If its still around when swl opens up, no one will be sitting in those seats. Matter of fact, I doubt they'd even look to the entrance while running by it to galaxy's edge.

jimbaker84

]
I agree, something new to be a better people eater when swl launches. If its still around when swl opens up, no one will be sitting in those seats. Matter of fact, I doubt they'd even look to the entrance while running by it to galaxy's edge.
They may be more interested than you think when they see minimum 2 hour waiting times for SWL attractions (or to get into the land itself).

Frizzball

Every time I've been Indy has been packed full, I can't see them getting rid of it at a time when the park is going to be the fullest it's ever been. If they ever decide to replace it I would rather they put in a new show than demo it for a ride.

rle4lunch

]

They may be more interested than you think when they see minimum 2 hour waiting times for SWL attractions (or to get into the land itself).

Maybe, but the last time something with close to this magnitude was opened was Cars Land. People are still running at rope drop and ignoring everything else.

rle4lunch

Every time I've been Indy has been packed full, I can't see them getting rid of it at a time when the park is going to be the fullest it's ever been. If they ever decide to replace it I would rather they put in a new show than demo it for a ride.

The only reason it's packed is because people are trying to get their money's worth and trying to stretch a full day out of a half day park.

jimbaker84

Maybe, but the last time something with close to this magnitude was opened was Cars Land. People are still running at rope drop and ignoring everything else.
I know, people will go straight for SWL as soon as it opens, but at least Indy should be one of the options for those not wanting to wait in crazy lines. I think Galaxy's Edge will exceed Cars Land in terms of guest volume.

rle4lunch

I know, people will go straight for SWL as soon as it opens, but at least Indy should be one of the options for those not wanting to wait in crazy lines. I think Galaxy's Edge will exceed Cars Land in terms of guest volume.

Most definitely it will dwarf cars land. With the advent of toy story land drawing more critters, I can't see a long in the tooth Indy doing better business.

jimbaker84

Most definitely it will dwarf cars land. With the advent of toy story land drawing more critters, I can't see a long in the tooth Indy doing better business.
I don't know, Indy has been really busy any time I've been there. I would like to see the show updated with new stunts and dialogue as it hasn't changed a bit but I can't see it going anywhere (and personally would prefer it didn't go anywhere). That may change if they relocate star tours to SWL and free up that lot giving the option to convert the entire space into a new themed land, though I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

BoarderPhreak

If you've never seen Indy, it's a cool show. Just as LCA was before it was shut down. Not a lot of live action stuff out there like them, and people seem to like them. If you've seen either more than a couple or a few times, sure... It'll be old news. But a quality show like either of these requires a new set, new effects, new people and props - and lots of rehearsing. Not to mention signage, park maps, online references. No so easy to "just swap out."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom