Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

jt04

Wrong. There's a whole expansion pad in MK south of Pirates. It also seems to be just fine in Disneyland in California and Paris. It would work fine in MK too.

Not to mention with the horrible crowding SWGE is going to bring, DHS needs all it can get to spread out those crowds.

Indy was installed at DL long before Disney owned the franchise. Also, Disneyland does not have as many options as WDW to choose from.

My guess is that now that Disney owns the franchise they will want to feature It with a much bigger land than what you see at Disneyland or Paris or the available expansion pad in the MK.

Putting Indy in DHS might just be too much of a good thing for that park.

Time will tell and I am sure they will choose wisely.

See what I did there?

Absimilliard

I have the opposite read on Mystic Manor: as much as fans love it for its original storyline and ride experience, I don't think it moved the needle at all for Hong Kong Disneyland. If I compare Ratatouille, an "inferior ride" impact versus Mystic Manor, Ratatouille wins out all the time.

Think about it this way: Ratatouille is in a tiny park with less capacity than the average Six Flags park. Yet, it causes a mad Pandora like rush toward the ride every morning and Fast Passes run out really fast for it. I took my friend from Taiwan to DLP and her only previous experience with a theme park was taking her son to Tokyo Disney 20 years before. Her favorite attraction? Ratatouille. She preferred it to the classics with original storylines. This was quite telling and I think we tend to underestimate Ratatouille for non Disney fanatics.

Back to Mystic Manor, when I rode it, I was like this was nice, but it had some glaring flaws. For example, you have the amazing Danny Elfman theme song, yet they criminally underutilize it. My friend played a short 10 seconds clip on her piano and just playing that on the ride would have made the ride much better. Then, you have the lava effect with no heat projector for the guests.

Frizzball

I have the opposite read on Mystic Manor: as much as fans love it for its original storyline and ride experience, I don't think it moved the needle at all for Hong Kong Disneyland. If I compare Ratatouille, an "inferior ride" impact versus Mystic Manor, Ratatouille wins out all the time.

Think about it this way: Ratatouille is in a tiny park with less capacity than the average Six Flags park. Yet, it causes a mad Pandora like rush toward the ride every morning and Fast Passes run out really fast for it. I took my friend from Taiwan to DLP and her only previous experience with a theme park was taking her son to Tokyo Disney 20 years before. Her favorite attraction? Ratatouille. She preferred it to the classics with original storylines. This was quite telling and I think we tend to underestimate Ratatouille for non Disney fanatics.

Back to Mystic Manor, when I rode it, I was like this was nice, but it had some glaring flaws. For example, you have the amazing Danny Elfman theme song, yet they criminally underutilize it. My friend played a short 10 seconds clip on her piano and just playing that on the ride would have made the ride much better. Then, you have the lava effect with no heat projector for the guests.
I think there's a tendency to overhype Mystic Manor on these boards because it's a huge example of the type of ride people claim Disney isn't doing anymore- non IP dark ride with physical sets not 'screenz' (although it does have some screens). Because it has all of those things that people say they want it HAS to be the best thing that Disney Imagineering has done in years just so that everyone can defend their point that being non IP and non screenz makes a ride automatically better. Honestly Mystic Manor just reminds me of a bog standard dark ride you could get anywhere, with a few fun effects that are facilitated by a tasteful co mingling of screen and physical set, and trackless cars, but nothing amazing enough to deserve the glowing write up people like to give it.

EricsBiscuit

I think there's a tendency to overhype Mystic Manor on these boards because it's a huge example of the type of ride people claim Disney isn't doing anymore- non IP dark ride with physical sets not 'screenz' (although it does have some screens). Because it has all of those things that people say they want it HAS to be the best thing that Disney Imagineering has done in years just so that everyone can defend their point that being non IP and non screenz makes a ride automatically better. Honestly Mystic Manor just reminds me of a bog standard dark ride you could get anywhere, with a few fun effects that are facilitated by a tasteful co mingling of screen and physical set, and trackless cars, but nothing amazing enough to deserve the glowing write up people like to give it.
You could not get MM elsewhere. It's a fabulous attraction for its integration of special effects and physical sets.

Edit: and it's storyline is amazing too

ryguy

Yeah the capacity issues of the new land is ridiculous. I guess if your stuck in line for two hours for its a small world type ride they really don't have to add another attraction. Half your day is stuck in Pandora if you don't have fast passes.

ToTBellHop

Yeah the capacity issues of the new land is ridiculous. I guess if your stuck in line for two hours for its a small world type ride they really don't have to add another attraction. Half your day is stuck in Pandora if you don't have fast passes.
How do you think those wait times affect guest satisfaction and likelihood of another visit? Positive word-of-mouth?

This can't happen with Galaxy's Edge. And yet, it will. With much more on the line. They will have guests coming who perhaps have never been to WDW but love Star Wars. And those people will encounter outrageous crowds and exorbitant wait times. So much for attracting NEW repeat guests.

Timothy_Q

How do you think those wait times affect guest satisfaction and likelihood of another visit? Positive word-of-mouth?

This can't happen with Galaxy's Edge. And yet, it will. With much more on the line. They will have guests coming who perhaps have never been to WDW but love Star Wars. And those people will encounter outrageous crowds and exorbitant wait times. So much for attracting NEW repeat guests.
Especially considering they axed the 3rd ride, which would most likely have been the one with the shortest wait, that would have added something to do in the land besides waiting 3h for each of the 2 big rides

RSoxNo1

I keep hearing around 1500 for both SW: GE attraction is that about right? That's better than Pandora, but still on the low end for E-tickets.

No Name

Oh dear.

At the very least, design the ride to have high capacity, and choose to run it at lower capacity depending on crowd levels. But don't dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of. Really, what is the logic here? Have they learned from Flight of Passage? Are they just idiots?

Timothy_Q

Oh dear.

At the very least, design the ride to have high capacity, and choose to run it at lower capacity depending on crowd levels. But don't dig yourself into a hole you can't get out of. Really, what is the logic here? Have they learned from Flight of Passage? Are they just idiots?
It seems current imagineering designs rides in a vacuum. Completely ignoring the reality of the parks.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You’d think since they were being planned five years ago someone would have looked at the capacity of a whole new land at the same time.

nothing a shiny new spinner won't fix. :cautious:
... some TDO exec might say.

It seems current imagineering designs rides in a vacuum. Completely ignoring the reality of the parks.

I don't think Imagineering is to blame. Blame said TDO exec or budget cuts brought down from above.

Hello everyone, it has been quite a while, but I'm back once again. This time I'm hearing lots of rumors from multiple sources about Indiana Jones coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The most extreme of them include all of Dinoland USA being replaced with an Indiana Jones themed land. This would include the closing of Dinosaur to convert it into the Indiana Jones Adventure, an archeology-themed dig site to replace the Boneyard, and the demolition and eventual replacement of Chester and Hester's Dino-rama. (And before you ask, no, I have no idea what is happening to Finding Nemo- The Musical or the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.) This is purely rumor at this point, but I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. Please comment if you know something, or if you're afraid to talk about it publicly, PM me here.

I always hoped the Dr. Jones IP would be expanded in Hollywood Studios. DAK needs an S.E.A. story-driven attraction in place of Dinoland USA.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom