Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Bairstow

It would be interesting if Moana was a live actress in the show. That might be preferable to an animatronic for the little kids. And she could interact with the birds, open the shutters, sing a song about the ocean, etc.

It would be, but you have to take into account what that would do to operating costs.

TROR

It would be interesting if Moana was a live actress in the show. That might be preferable to an animatronic for the little kids. And she could interact with the birds, open the shutters, sing a song about the ocean, etc.
Also easier to remove...

If they actually went this route, they could do it in such a way that from 1:00 to 3:00 they have Moana in the show and then 3:00 to 5:00 it's the regular show etc.

Skipper Dan

Right now Orlando’s Adlands biggest changes are likely to be new tenants in the Tiki Room. And maybe the treehouse.

Oh I never said I believed Indy was coming to Adland... just that he should. Sorry for the confusion @marni1971! But you speared my heart a lil' by bringing up new Tiki Room tenants. That insinuates possibility. I'll go drive to the cliff now.

Cesar R M

The story of Everest is that the Yeti isn't happy about the environmentally-harmful railroad we humans built into the mountain. So when we venture into his home, he rips up the track, then tries to attack us. It is very much about conservation. If only there were a Yeti in South Dakota...
View attachment 243769

Most of DAK is like this, and it adds up to form a very strong park.
You missed my joke. I was talking about "preserving" based on the fact that it doesn't move and is well glued to his position with a strobe. :happy:

May Quetzalcoatl have mercy on your soul.

May his Moctezuma's revenge last little and his toilet paper be plenty.

Epcot82Guy

I still beat my drum on lazy storytelling vs not. As I look to MoanaTiki, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Profit, etc. this really comes down to how it's done. It's about natural flow of theme - regardless of how you define that. And, most of that comes down to simple storytelling.

Pandora is my best recent example. As a staunch "fanboy" with huge expectations for consistency - that was done wonderfully (save for Navi's length). It used an extablished IP but built it into something new. It didn't rehash or simply tweak the IP itself.

I really wonder if the main issue here is the brand strategy folks running herd over the parks. I've heard horros of not allowing guests to have two princesses on a wedding cake because of brand. Or, color lock downs creating outages of food/merchandise supply when you could easily go in a different direction. I think all of these IPs could be used successfully in the location. But, when corporate and branding/brand synergy take over - they actually are throttling the creative story process. They now require the land or area of WDW to conform to the IP vs. having them work in harmony.

The great irony is that actually lessens and cheapens the brand long-term. We're seeing so much IP expansion at the theaters and on TV. New stories beyond the "canon". I am disheartened that we don't see that now in the parks in a way that gives credibility to the past/fan boys and uses the IPs the masses want to create something new that pleases everyone.

THAT's the laziness and corporate/MBA branding BS that frustrates me to no end (no offense MBAs on the boards).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom