Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Magenta Panther

I gave up about 20 posts ago, but AK's mission is what was outlined in its dedication:
"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.

If something does not fit into the criterion outlined above, it is inherently "off-theme" in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for those dragons (banshees don't count. They're just wannabe dragons).

Luigi

Wait.. wait!... What if... Indy.... gets turned into an animal!!

manimal.jpg

jt04

Still would prefer Indy in MK or DHS over Animal Kingdom. There's even a reference to him in the Skipper Canteen. Plop him in Adventureland and then bam, continuity.

Disneyland had to do that due to space constraints. WDW has the luxury of putting content where most appropriate thematically. Clearly DAK is the perfect park for the franchise.

Skipper Dan

Disneyland had to do that due to space constraints. WDW has the luxury of putting content where most appropriate thematically. Clearly DAK is the perfect park for the franchise.

So you don't believe that Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, a 1930-40s archeologist and ADVENTURER, would be better suited near an attraction already rooted in the 1930-40s about an adventure on jungle rivers? Cool. You keep doing you, babe.

I use to think Indy didn't belong in the MK either... until I went to Disneyland, and felt the cohesive synergy.

Nmoody1

So you don't believe that Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, a 1930-40s archeologist and ADVENTURER, would be better suited near an attraction already rooted in the 1930-40s about an adventure on jungle rivers? Cool. You keep doing you, babe.

I use to think Indy didn't belong in the MK either... until I went to Disneyland, and felt the cohesive synergy.

The attraction rooted in the 1930's next to the 1800's pirate fortress and the Arabian land of agrabah :) id be happy if Adventureland just got flattened and re-built with some connected themes

jmuboy

Agreed, although I think they’re pretty set on shows and animal exhibits. Thinking realistically, a new ride or two and a solid replacement for Dinoland would go a long way, but even as it stands, AK is Disney’s best Orlando park right now.
Dak is WDIs best US work right now.
A panda exhibit is a cool e ticket animal display they could use. But that’s complicated with acquiring from China

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Right now Orlando’s Adlands biggest changes are likely to be new tenants in the Tiki Room. And maybe the treehouse.

Haymarket2008

Right now Orlando’s Adlands biggest changes are likely to be new tenants in the Tiki Room. And maybe the treehouse.

Ugh. Not sure what other IP could be infused into the treehouse other than Tarzan....but that is disheartening. Swiss Family Treehouse is such a quiet, charming vestige of old-school Disney, would be a shame to lose it. Tiki Room would be a far bigger loss, at least to me, and I am curious as to what those plans are since @WDW1974 doesn't think it will be a Moana takeover. Is there any chance of S.E.A. making an appearance at all?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ugh. Not sure what other IP could be infused into the treehouse other than Tarzan....but that is disheartening. Swiss Family Treehouse is such a quiet, charming vestige of old-school Disney, would be a shame to lose it. Tiki Room would be a far bigger loss, at least to me, and I am curious as to what those plans are since @WDW1974 doesn't think it will be a Moana takeover. Is there any chance of S.E.A. making an appearance at all?
Moana is still the front runner to join the birds last I heard. If it happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom