Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

drizgirl

flintstones_ribs2.jpg

Sign me up!
Maybe Disney can add Bedrock to its growing list of IPs!

Magic Feather

This is the only thing you've ever said that I have had a problem with. Literally, sure, you're right, it's impossible to make it an exact clone. But to turn Dinosaur into an Indy attraction incredibly similar to Tokyo's? It's absolutely 100% possible and not as costly as one might think. To try and just throw that in there to make it seem like it can't be done is just irresponsible.
I'll double check, but if I recall, even while the layout would have it walled off anyway, the chasm open space portion of the ride was never built, with straight down structural supports under what would be the bridge. While it may not be 100% impossible, it is definitely cost prohibitive and would be a certified PitA. Also, assuming no structural beams were where I thought they were, it would still be a lot of removing AAs, tearing down walls, and building rockwork.

RSoxNo1

I'll double check, but if I recall, even while the layout would have it walled off anyway, the chasm open space portion of the ride was never built, with straight down structural supports under what would be the bridge. While it may not be 100% impossible, it is definitely cost prohibitive and would be a certified PitA. Also, assuming no structural beams were where I thought they were, it would still be a lot of removing AAs, tearing down walls, and building rockwork.
Aren't there elevation changes as well? I would think that they'd be better off salvaging the track and basically gutting everything else if they were to do it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Plans for an Indy area in DHS.

If they're having trouble finding a home for Indy, how about Tomorrowland!?

You can have:
  • a Crystal Skull Encounter replacement for Stitch
  • an Indiana Trap Floor show across from it
  • a Carousel of Progressive Democracies Defeating Fascism
  • a cycle (Harley-Davidson Softail Springer Classic) coaster
  • and a Mine Train Mountain
  • the people mover can be rethemed as train cars upon which you ride on top hanging on for dear life

Kman101

I don't think there was ever anything to scrap there. But my ears are open.

It sounds like, if there's anything to the Indy rumor, it's almost as if someone at WDI or an exec threw it out there as an idea and it was run with. But who knows? It really wouldn't surprise me if they did this.

So Indy doesn't stand a chance of coming to DHA? Is the stunt show going to be around forever and ever? LOL

raymusiccity

There's no need for any drastic digging or prohibited expense. If this much can be accomplished with chalk, imagineers should be able to create a 'chasm' with some special effects!
IMG_1689.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom