Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

DisneyDaver

Oh sure. Don't we all???? ;)
But there should be a ride where you meet non-cartoon dinos that is kid friendly.

What's wrong with Dinosaur for young kids? The height requirement isn't too bad so most 5 years olds and the majority or 4 year olds should be able to ride. And most kids (I realize there are exceptions) who aren't tall enough won't be emotionally ready at under 4 years old for non-cartoon dinosaurs.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
What's wrong with Dinosaur for young kids? The height requirement isn't too bad so most 5 years olds and the majority or 4 year olds should be able to ride. And most kids (I realize there are exceptions) who aren't tall enough won't be emotionally ready at under 4 years old for non-cartoon dinosaurs.

other than the fact that it's extremely loud and very dark in many places, with massive dinosaurs? nothing

EPCOTCenterLover

I'd bet a 5 year old would have the crap scared out of him vs. something like Primeval World diorama at DL. Something in the middle of the Dinosaur and the diorama might be great/perfect.

DisneyDaver

I'd bet a 5 year old would have the crap scared out of him vs. something like Primeval World diorama at DL. Something in the middle of the Dinosaur and the diorama might be great/perfect.

Fair point. I may be generalizing too much from when I rode Dinosaur a few years ago with my then 5 year old nephew. He was a bit nervous and held my hand during ride, but he loved it.

Herah

Fair point. I may be generalizing too much from when I rode Dinosaur a few years ago with my then 5 year old nephew. He was a bit nervous and held my hand during ride, but he loved it.
Last year we finally got a ride picture with DD1's face - she was always hiding in my lap before. She said it was the first time she's even seen the big dino at the end. She was 18.

stretchsje

The newest episode of Jim Hill discredits this rumor. He didn't have any insider information, just that he didn't think AK would be adding more animals to the south side of the park, which is open longer hours than most animals in the park are viewable. (Is this not addressable?) He further thought it didn't make sense to overhaul a ride because doing so doesn't add capacity (though that doesn't seem to have much bearing on recent announcements). Len mentioned hoping for the Excavator coaster, to which Jim said he thought management was too IP-focused for that to be approved. So really there's no new news here, just more opinions similar to those already expressed here, but I'm reporting it anyway. Their analysis seems reasonable.

Last edited:

jt04

The newest episode of Jim Hill discredits this rumor. He didn't have any insider information, just that he didn't think AK would be adding more animals to the south side of the park, which is open longer hours than most animals in the park are viewable. (Is this not addressable?) He further thought it didn't make sense to overhaul a ride because doing so doesn't add capacity (though that doesn't seem to have much bearing on recent announcements). Len mentioned hoping for the Excavator coaster, to which Jim said he thought management was too IP-focused for that to be approved. So really there's no new news here, just more opinions similar to those already expressed here, but I'm reporting it anyway. Their analysis seems reasonable.

Considering the focus on IP that makes the future of Dinosaur more questionable. And we know Dinorama won't be around much longer in its current form. Countdown to extinction.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Why??? There would only be 1 connection to a Lucasfilm production, in a park with equal representation from James Cameron and outnumbered by Pixar with a large margin.
Don't forget -- we were talking about adding another land centered on Indiana Jones at the time... and remember that Lucasfilm was heavily involved in the early evolution of Pixar...

Movielover

Don't forget -- we were talking about adding another land centered on Indiana Jones at the time... and remember that Lucasfilm was heavily involved in the early evolution of Pixar...

Still the point is there would be only one true Lucasfilm area, Indy, that's still only as much as Avatarland, and the park is not called James Cameron's Wet Dream...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Still the point is there would be only one true Lucasfilm area, Indy, that's still only as much as Avatarland, and the park is not called James Cameron's Wet Dream...
Probably should be.
If I was talking about DAK, you'd be right. I was talking to @Casper Gutman 's last sentence, about MGM/DHS/DHA...

Movielover

Probably should be.
If I was talking about DAK, you'd be right. I was talking to @Casper Gutman 's last sentence, about MGM/DHS/DHA...

My apologies, the discussion leading up to your post was about Indy in AK, and the fact that the topic of the thread being Indy in Animal Kingdom lead me to believe you were discussing it as well. My mistake.

floridagirl57

Last year we finally got a ride picture with DD1's face - she was always hiding in my lap before. She said it was the first time she's even seen the big dino at the end. She was 18.
I've only seen the big dino at the end on youtube videos. I'm in my late 20's and ALWAYS get freaked out and look away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom