Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Something else happens in 1899...

p1180376.jpg

Would not be opposed for further Indy integration beyond Jock Lindsey. Even if Indy isn't an implicit member, his grandfather certainly could be represented on the right.

The guy on the right is Charlton J. Taboret. At DisneySea, his signature is on the portraits, so, he's the painter of the group.

If he had a daughter who married a Jones... then his grandson could have been born that year.

upload_2017-8-21_5-52-34.png

Disneyhead'71

Looking like a South America land with Indy taking over Dinosaur! and the second attraction being a roller coaster. Probably a tweaked version of Raging Spirits. Throw in some animal exhibits and Voilá...new land. Expect more Jock Lindsey references and the new Restaurantasaurus will become the QS version of The Skippers Cantina and the defacto headquarters for S.E.A.S. wannabes and Disney Lifestylers.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you converted all of Dinoland to "South America" and remade Dinosaur as Indy, you'd still be deviating from the parks theme, but not too badly, especially if you added a more animal-centric walk and second ride. You'd be entirely eliminating dinos, which are really popular, from WDW unless they immediately announced a whole new dino area. If Uni was smart, they'd immediately expand Jurrasic Park and corner the Orlando dino market.

I strongly suspect that WDW doesn't want an Indy ride in a "South America" land, they want a full Indy land. That's the logic of the modern theme park. And that wouldn't fit.

Look, Indiana Jones, like GotG, can support a big, lush area and WDW has room for it in places that are thematically appropriate. Shoehorning it into existing structures is just nuts.

Hey, you know what would have worked at MGM? Instead of a cheap n' chintzy TSL, build a nice fancy Indy land to go with SWL. Then the MGM makeover would actually fix some of the parks problems.
But then they'd pretty much have to rename the park to George Lucas Studios... which, I'm sure, he'd love, but Bob Iger... I'm not so sure.

ElBendro

I remember last year the suits were coming down on Dinoland management hard because they had the lowest approval rating of any themed land at any Disney park. I believe it was about 22%. CMs got the approvals up to the 50-60 range, but theres only so much you can do before you realize the main problem is with the land itself. So I think the upper level management finally started to realize this.

I know common average joe guest complaints I got were mainly with C&H, and how the bright colors are misleading, making you think its a completely kid friendly land, when you have a coaster that at the time had the second highest height requirement (though now I think it's the highest with the closing of DQ).

Mike S

Looking like a South America land with Indy taking over Dinosaur! and the second attraction being a roller coaster. Probably a tweaked version of Raging Spirits. Throw in some animal exhibits and Voilá...new land. Expect more Jock Lindsey references and the new Restaurantasaurus will become the QS version of The Skippers Cantina and the defacto headquarters for S.E.A.S. wannabes and Disney Lifestylers.
As long as they're allowed to start over with Dinosaurs on one of the parks expansion pads.

becca_

I'm definitely in the minority here but... I don't want this to happen if it's going to take away Dinosaur... I'd take Dinosaur over Indy any day.

Edit - although, an addition would be nice and maybe take some stress of Pandora (but by then who knows what the wait times will be?)

Casper Gutman

I'm definitely in the minority here but... I don't want this to happen if it's going to take away Dinosaur... I'd take Dinosaur over Indy any day.

Edit - although, an addition would be nice and maybe take some stress of Pandora (but by then who knows what the wait times will be?)
I love the Indy ride. Love it. It ranks with ToT and Spidey as one of the best (existing) theme park rides in America for me.

But...

It's over two decades old. And an excellent version exists in California. If WDW wants to add an Indy ride - and they should - it should be something new and unique. Use the basic concept of the old Indy ride and toss some Mystic Manor or Shanghai Pirates or something completely new in there. Give one of the greatest franchises in movie history the ride it deserves. Honestly, its kind of pathetic that Disney is thinking of replacing (well, overlaying) a ride with a significantly OLDER ride and pretending its new.

And yeah, if Dinoland goes, a new dino area needs to be built at the same time. WDW needs dinos! Maybe stick the Fire Mountain concept in there, who knows.

Oh, and let's put a moratorium on outdoor coasters surrounded by themed statuary for a while. No Excavator (that may not be a fully accurate description, but come on). Remember when WDW fans mocked Uni for its exposed coasters?

becca_

Honestly, its kind of pathetic that Disney is thinking of replacing (well, overlaying) a ride with a significantly OLDER ride and pretending its new.
I think this is why I'm so turned off by the idea. I think if they are going to change/overlay the area with S.A/Indy, they should just gut the entire building or leave it and somehow incorporate Dinosaur as it stands.

ChewbaccaYourMum

More like it's very early days for *something* pre blue sky, let alone approved.
Got you.

Are you allowed to say if getting Indy in the parks has been a point of discussion by the decision makers in WDW?

Being a huge fan of the Indy franchise, this rumor got me really excited more for the fact that WDW was finally talking about getting a true Indy presence in the parks instead of just the show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Got you.

Are you allowed to say if getting Indy in the parks has been a point of discussion by the decision makers in WDW?

Being a huge fan of the Indy franchise, this rumor got me really excited more for the fact that WDW was finally talking about getting a true Indy presence in the parks instead of just the show.
Back when SWL was on the stunt show there was a possibility of a new Indy area elsewhere in DHS. So there's a few Indy fans in Burbank.

matt9112

I've said it years ago to family and friends- DAK needs a family friendly dino ride. Little kids should be able to experience dinosaurs in an environment and vehicle suitable to their young age. DINOSAUR is not it. It's good, but it is not it.

you don't see the dumbo clone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom