Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

lazyboy97o

Oddly enough, has anyone noticed the setting/theme of the "lands" in DAK are geographical locations not Family/Phylum from the animal kingdom? The lands are "Asia", "Africa"', "Pandora". Not "Reptiles", "Nocturnals", and "Pachyderms". Coming upon an Aztec Temple in South America is not that much of a stretch of the current thematic philosophy of the park.
The lands are organized by geography because that is how nature is organized. That is more natural than mixing reptiles from around the world together.

An Aztec pyramid in a South America land isn’t the problem. It’s the archeologist that is the problem.

ChewbaccaYourMum

It wouldn't be an "Indiana Jones Land". It would be a "South America" land where you encounter Dr. Jones in an Aztec Pyramid. And there wouldn't be ANY dinosaurs. There would Jaguar, Capybara, Amazon Crocodiles, Anaconda, and Piranha.

And in my wildest dreams, an E Ticket boat ride to find the Lost City of Gold using the PotC:BotST ride system/tech.

Oddly enough, has anyone noticed the setting/theme of the "lands" in DAK are geographical locations not Family/Phylum from the animal kingdom? The lands are "Asia", "Africa"', "Pandora". Not "Reptiles", "Nocturnals", and "Pachyderms". Coming upon an Aztec Temple in South America is not that much of a stretch of the current thematic philosophy of the park.

Everything you just said is exactly how I think they could and should make it work. The story of the ride and the IP in particular doesn't make sense to the message of Animal Kingdom, as it is right now, but having a South America land, and all the detailing that would come with it, would fit in perfectly with Animal Kingdom.

Someone posted last night about how they talked to an Imagineer before Animal Kingdom opened and it was supposed to be called Disney's Wild Kingdom and have the Indy Adventure ride. I don't see why it's such a problem if they move the park more towards the concept of what Animal Kingdom was supposed to be and then be able to have a broader message and be able to add great IP's like Indy, and maybe even something like Mystic Manor in the future, that fits in a jungle/wild/adventure look that Animal Kingdom already has right now IMO.

IMDREW

I think it's more about Universal than enything else. Sure people don't like the dinorama stuff, but that can easily be replaced by some other dinosaur related rides/shows. But think about this; Universal has the Jurassic park/world IP. Undoubtedly they will be expanding/restoring that with all the new films coming. Disney just cannot compete in dinosaurs with the Jurassic IP. If you ask someone if they'd rather go to the 'Jurassic World' ride or the 'Unknown dinosaur ride' what do you think they'll choose?

I really love dinosaur and can't wait to ride it again (one of my favorite rides in all of wdw), but when Uni updates their Dinosaur area I'm afraid Disney will not be able to compete with them in this regard. Don't get me wrong, I do think DAK should have a Dinosaur themed land because it def belongs in the animal kingdom, but they just don't have a good IP to back it and their competition unfortunately has.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I think it's more about Universal than enything else. Sure people don't like the dinorama stuff, but that can easily be replaced by some other dinosaur related rides/shows. But think about this; Universal has the Jurassic park/world IP. Undoubtedly they will be expanding/restoring that with all the new films coming. Disney just cannot compete in dinosaurs with the Jurassic IP. If you ask someone if they'd rather go to the 'Jurassic World' ride or the 'Unknown dinosaur ride' what do you think they'll choose?

I really love dinosaur and can't wait to ride it again (one of my favorite rides in all of wdw), but when Uni updates their Dinosaur area I'm afraid Disney will not be able to compete with them in this regard. Don't get me wrong, I do think DAK should have a Dinosaur themed land because it def belongs in the animal kingdom, but they just don't have a good IP to back it and their competition unfortunately has.

Wow, I never even thought of it that way. That might actually be true and the reason why, it seems, WDW is getting rid of anything that has to do with Dinosaurs, which is very sad IMO.

CJ @ Disney

Hello everyone, it has been quite a while, but I'm back once again. This time I'm hearing lots of rumors from multiple sources about Indiana Jones coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The most extreme of them include all of Dinoland USA being replaced with an Indiana Jones themed land. This would include the closing of Dinosaur to convert it into the Indiana Jones Adventure, an archeology-themed dig site to replace the Boneyard, and the demolition and eventual replacement of Chester and Hester's Dino-rama. (And before you ask, no, I have no idea what is happening to Finding Nemo- The Musical or the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.) This is purely rumor at this point, but I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. Please comment if you know something, or if you're afraid to talk about it publicly, PM me here.

What a fun rumor! And it probably would consist of more re-theming than reconstructing because the foundation of an archaeology theme is already in place. I can see Dinosaur maintaining it's current track layout and simply being re-themed in a manner similar to what they did with Maelstorm/Frozen. Harrison Ford liked Indy far more than Han, so getting him back to record some dialogue tracks probably wouldn't be an issue ($$$). Regardless, I think something has to happen with Dinoland. My kids never had an interest even when they were younger. It's just something to walk through to get to Dinosaur.

the.dreamfinder

Universal chose to build Skull Island:Reign of Kong over a complete redo of Jurassic Park to Jurrasic World.

dm11

I dunno, coming across Mt Everest and then having a Yeti encounter vs. COming acrosss a lost temple in the Jungle and having a Indy encounter. Both seem about the same as far as how much they mesh with AK's theme. It's loose but say the queue for Indy is all through snake exhibits and jungle/rain forest.

That said, I actually prefer Dinosaur to the Indy attraction in DL.
Absolutely agree that there's little thematic fit difference between Everest ride and Indy. Although I've never thought of Everest in those terms before - I guess quality attractions help.

However, I really hope they do not put snake exhibits in Indy's queue. I simply have phobia of these creatures and can't imagine standing in a queue surrounded by them. Certainly not fun. It's different when those exhibits are standalone - you can chose not go to that area or to visit for short time, but integrated in the queue they would most likely prevent me (and more importantly people like me) from getting onto Indy ride. I don't know how big population that would be but I don't think it'd be insignificant.

jt04

I don't really see how Indy could lend itself to a decent hotel hyper-immersion experience on its own. Unless if you just went "Screw it, it's the Adventurers Club on steroids" and Dr. Jones is part of a greater ensemble of SEA characters interacting with guests throughout the experience.

Well a Marion owned place with views of the Himalayas would seem a natural fit too.

Bartattack

OK then... let's just combine the two. Problem solved!

IndianaJonesAndTheDinosaurEggs.jpg

Indy goes on a quest to find 'The Last living Triceratops'! (no joke, that's the plot of this book)

DisneyCane

What a fun rumor! And it probably would consist of more re-theming than reconstructing because the foundation of an archaeology theme is already in place. I can see Dinosaur maintaining it's current track layout and simply being re-themed in a manner similar to what they did with Maelstorm/Frozen.

Dinosaur is a re-theme of the Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland. It already has the same track layout. They would just have to replace the sets with the Disneyland sets and load the ride program from Disneyland.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone wonder if they are ever gonna add more animals to Animal Kingdom?

Recently added to AK:
  • Oct 2015: Water Buffalo
  • Dec 2015: Painted Dogs
  • Dec 2016: Rare Lion-Tailed Macaques
  • Jan 2017: Animals that were removed from the Discovery Island Trails around the Tree of Life were returned (they could have just been removed permanently). These include: red kangaroos, lesser flamingos, white storks, lappet-faced vultures

What species does AK not have that you think they should add?

Brer Oswald

I'm going to be honest here, Dinosaur is a WAY better ride than IJA. IJA does some things better, like the vehicle reaction technology, but Dinosaur has much better animatronics, and a far more original story. I feel with IJA, it's more of an attachment to the IP, whereas Dinosaur can exist on its own without relying on an IP (well, without an IP that would carry it anyways). It would be a shame to lose the best ever dinosaur animatronics, unless of course they are somehow incorporated with Indiana Jones in some sort of brand new story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom