Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MR.Dis

Unfortunately, the plot for the novel of Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs revolves around China/Russia sections..

Here's the synopsis
Fresh from a ride on a Nazi submarine, Indiana Jones is persuaded by a beautiful missionary to search for her missing father in Mongolia. Professor Angus Starbuck has discovered a dinosaur bone in the Gobi Desert. But unlike other such discoveries, this bone isn't ancient!

As Indy crosses from China through a treacherous mountain pass to Outer Mongolia, he runs afaul of the region's fiercest warlords. Meanwhile the world's last innocent people, dwelling in a Stone Age paradise, are poised on the brink of destruction. Suddenly Indiana Jones is dueling wild dogs and bloodthirsty killers in a desperate effort to save the most historic discovery of the twentieth century: the last living triceratops

So, either they think of something where Jones meets breathing Dinos within a temple or just a curse based theme is the only way to go..
Oh my gosh, brings back memories from when I was a kid. One of the very first books I read as a first grader was "the Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek". I am sure Disney could buy the rights. Spend half a billion dollars to design a land around a childrens book written in 1955. And than they will be shocked when it gets panned.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think Dinosaur will last another year or two. Probably won’t get confirmed project plans until closer to that time. Maybe announced at the D23 Not Expo next year, but that will still be too soon to see actual construction.
Is there at least a name change for the park announcement down the line just as something "Epic" opens down the road just to get guests to come to the resort as we doubtfully ever see a fifth gate and this is their alternative to this?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It feels like it was a late and welcomed shift from Moana/Zootopia.

Any idea when something might be get confirmed? Do we think Dinosaur will be open this time next year?

My personal feeling is that they would want to do everything they can to maintain SOME capacity in the park and would build this section in phases with the left side of the image (with the Encanto ride and whatever the circular flat ride under the roof is) being done first (while leaving Dinosaur and Restaurantosaurus open and untouched) and then coming back to convert Dinosaurs and Restaurantosaurus after Encanto (and Zootopia for that matter) are open. If that's the case, Dinosaurs probably has a good 3-5 years before it closes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom