Is Grand Floridian Cafe good enough to be a default eatery?

OurDailyGruel

Original Poster
I have figured that adults can each eat for about $16 a meal and two little kids can share an entree (with refillable mug drinks from Gasparilla) at $8 each.

Is the quality at Grand Floridian Cafe sufficient to make it the "home" restaurant when we are exhausted or brain too tired to think where else to eat?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I've eaten there twice in the last 12 months and enjoyed both meals. The atmosphere is also very nice; elegant without being fussy. I found the staff to be very, very friendly and accommodating.

armyfamilyof5

We had an awesome burger with lobster on it there once, better than a default eatery, just awesome, kind of pricey but it was outstanding.

slappy magoo

Is the quality at Grand Floridian Cafe sufficient to make it the "home" restaurant when we are exhausted or brain too tired to think where else to eat?

I'm assuming you're staying at GF?

Even if you're not, I'd say the GF cafe is a not-at-all-bad way to break up a day when you're going to MK, as long as you don't mind the lack of whimsical theme. Though I'd give higher credit to Kona Cafe at Poly. Even if you are staying at GF, it wouldn't be that much of a PitA to get to Poly, especially if you're in Mk that day, though GF Cafe will probably be less crowded.

Tomi-Rocket

breakfast only....

We've only eaten at the Grand Floridian for breakfast but it was fantastic! We are even going again on our trip in Sept. It's also an elegant, quiet restaurant. I fell in love with it on our first visit. :)

tjkref418

If you are staying at GF, it really is the best place to go for a casual meal at anytime without ADRs at the hotel. I also agree with others that it is a real good place for a mid-day break from MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom