Is Godmother Of The Fantasy!!

sweetpee_1993

YUP!!! It's all good! I just found it funny this AM when I reviewed this thread.

Yep yep! Venting somewhere other than kickin' the dog is a good thing. :lookaroun :lol: Seriously, I guess I expected better. Disney does the PR thing so well. Why not this, right?

GMRO

Yep yep! Venting somewhere other than kickin' the dog is a good thing. :lookaroun :lol: Seriously, I guess I expected better. Disney does the PR thing so well. Why not this, right?

Yes they do! And BALLZ on the Ms. Andrews already being GM for another cruise line. We missed out on that.

SO - what's the thoughts on Anne Hathaway <sp>? She's been in MANY a Disney-Flick right? Kinda-holesome...and stays clean. ;)

ChuckElias

Wow, you guys been hitting the “hater-ade” hard on this one!

Really that upset with Mariah? There are FAR WORSE choices!
I'm not "hating" on Mariah. I like Mariah personally. I like seeing her sing "All I want for Christmas is You" at the Disney Christmas Parade once a year. But I'm pretty sure that's her only connection to Disney.

So while there are "FAR WORSE choices" for Fairy Godmother, it seems to me that there are far, far, FAR better choices as well; many of which have been suggested in other threads on this forum.

BTW, I was not the least put out that only feeds were Face Page and Twitter. I’ve got neither of those accounts/services and my day/life was not affected in the least with ME being LEFT out of this monumental even.
I'm honestly glad to hear that. But there were many of us (thousands, apparently, judging by the tweets) who saw the Dream's christening live and had a certain expectation that this ceremony would be treated the same way by the Disney company. We were disappointed. Some of us (that means "me") probably took it more personally than we should have :)

Disneyfalcon

SO - what's the thoughts on Anne Hathaway <sp>? She's been in MANY a Disney-Flick right? Kinda-holesome...and stays clean. ;)

I think the topless thing in Brokeback Mountain may take her out of the wholesome category. :lol:

Mariah's had some sketchy days herself, see Howard Stern interview, although like I said before she has rehabbed her image a bit.

I agree with others who have said I have no real problem with Mariah, but there were just so many better choices. Mariah has no real connection to Disney other than apparently being a fan.

Pick someone with a Disney history.

Jodi Benson, for example, has a huge tie to Disney and a great reputation.
Mrs. Piggy has a tie to Disne and she has the added benefit of not having to worry about her tarnishing her image so to speak. No nude scenes for Mrs. Piggy! :lol:

GMRO

But there were many of us (thousands, apparently, judging by the tweets) who saw the Dream's christening live and had a certain expectation that this ceremony would be treated the same way by the Disney company. We were disappointed. Some of us (that means "me") probably took it more personally than we should have :)

So what you are saying is that Disney/DCL never posted or advertised this event would follow the same coverage as the DREAM had? I have no clue...I pay some attention but not to the 10th degree as some do obviously...

Just like the FGM thingy... I have no clue IF a Star/Personality even has to be remotely associated with Disney/DCL to be considered. Or is this just expetations running amuck? I just threw out Miley and Anne since I know they are or been employed by Disney. But I also threw out Neil as the FIRST FGF too! bahahahahahahahah

Guess I just don't get all worked up about things that don't impact my daily existance. Fuel prices, that's another thing! Hope this year when we book our cruise for 2013, while on this years cruise, we don't see HUGE increases based on this. I know DCL makes MONEY for Disney when the parks and movies are down. But it'd sure be nice to not see a gouging based on fuel; demand or fair market value per say. Guess I'll find out in May.

GMRO

I think the topless thing in Brokeback Mountain may take her out of the wholesome category. :lol:

Mariah's had some sketchy days herself, see Howard Stern interview, although like I said before she has rehabbed her image a bit.

See, I never saw that Brokeback movie! But I get your point.

Not a large list to pick from - WOW - not too good IMO. Jodi Benson - no clue to who she even is. Guess I just lost my fanboy rating...oh well. ;)

Long as it was not RAVEN! Can't stomach that chick...

Disneyfalcon

See, I never saw that Brokeback movie! But I get your point.

Not a large list to pick from - WOW - not too good IMO. Jodi Benson - no clue to who she even is. Guess I just lost my fanboy rating...oh well. ;)

Long as it was not RAVEN! Can't stomach that chick...

I didn't see it either, I just remember associating her with Princess Diaries before that point and thinking - Wow! That's a departure!

You do lose your fanboy status!! Jodi Benson is the voice of the Ariel! :) And more recently, Barbie in all the Toy Story movies. She's at a lot of Disney events, I have a picture of her on my last cruise, and she seems like an incredibly nice person.

There's not a huge list of people I wanted, it's true. I just really wanted someone with strong Disney ties. :)

sweetpee_1993

Many don't realize you can follow events like this on Twitter without having an account. You only need an account to be able to post.

Facebook is a different story.

Probly because you'd need to know something about Twitter to know that. I've never even been to their webpage. :p

But thank you. :wave:

emcclay

Wow, you guys been hitting the “hater-ade” hard on this one!

Really that upset with Mariah? There are FAR WORSE choices!

Brittany – NO WAY
Christina – NO WAY

And actually I’m not all that impressed with Jennifer as the DREAM’s GM. Way too full of herself! All we see these days are her weight loss commercials. Big Deal!!!

Least they didn’t chose Whitney! Or have her slated for the GM then would have had to scramble to replace her in lieu of her passing. Can't say I'm at all surprised at that outcome. <snip>

I’m sure Disney was faced with a dilemma as to WHOM to choose. Stars fall in and out of rehab and grace all the time. I’da rather had Miley…to be honest. She’s been a Disney girl for a long time now.

That said, Mariah is not all that bad. I’ve seen the WDW Christmas Parade Special for a few years now and Nick C. and Mariah have been on it and IMO have done a great job representing. Plus they have 2 kids and they seem to be able to stay above board. GOOD LUCK TO HER!

BUT why can’t we have a God-Father?!!?!? Neil Patrick Harris would have been my choice. Why not! He’s talented, and what the heck…he is popular and a both a Broadway and movie star.

BTW, I was not the least put out that only feeds were Face Page and Twitter. I’ve got neither of those accounts/services and my day/life was not affected in the least with ME being LEFT out of this monumental even.

REALLY! This has been enjoyable with my first cup of Joe this AM. ;)

Anyway, enjoy the day fellow DCL folks! Try not to be too upset...

Yeah, you're so right. Jennifer Hudson is so full of herself. Especially after her family was murdered. Kudos to you. Really. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom