Is Festival of the Lion King good?

Scuttle

As many times that I have been to AK I have never even set foot in camp minnie mickey. Is Festival of the Lion King really that good? I have read nothing but incredible things about the show. From the pictures of the show I have seen and a minute or two of video it just doesn't look good. I will say I thought the same thing about the Hoop Dee Doo and that show absolutely blew me away! Let me hear what you'll think.

BigRedDad

The show is very good and entertaining. I still like the Tarzan Rocks show there much better. It is too bad they took that one away. This is a must do for us every trip when we go to AK. Besides the show, it gives kids a little time to unwind. Before the show, they can meet some of the people and play around a little. It has AC and a relaxed atmosphere. There is audience participation as well.

Upvote 0

mickey's mamu

May I hijack this thread to ask if strollers are permitted inside the Lion King
Theater? We are going in September with our grandchildren for the first
time. Also was wondering the same thing about the Finding Nemo Theater?

Thanks in advanced.

Mickeys Mamu

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

May I hijack this thread to ask if strollers are permitted inside the Lion King
Theater? We are going in September with our grandchildren for the first
time. Also was wondering the same thing about the Finding Nemo Theater?

Thanks in advanced.

Mickeys Mamu

Unless something has changed recently, no. All strollers are to be left outside. :wave:

Upvote 0

SAV

Going with the crowd on this one...It is AMAZING! Just a FUN show to see. Try to get in the front row and maybe you'll be picked to help out. One time we were lucky enough to be seated right on the aisle where they all come out and we had several CM's stop and wave at the kids or a high 5 as they passed.

Upvote 0

Morganificent

Yes! Well, I personally loved it at least. I'm a bit of a musical junkie, and I really liked it. As incredibly staged and executed the Finding Nemo musical is, I think I enjoyed this more for one reason: the music. The Lion King has such an amazing soundtrack, and it's used very well in this show. I highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

mickey's mamu

Thanks WDWmazprty! I thought that was the rule concerning the strollers,
but wasn't sure. Sorry for the thread drift.

By the way, back on topic, I agree the Lion King Show is not to be missed.
Can't wait for my five grandchildren to see it for the first time in September.

Upvote 0

Aurora629

Good, understatement. I would call it great!! If you like the music to the Lion King, you will enjoy this show. Great visuals and a wonderful musical presentation.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
The energy and talent in this show is unbelievable! Don't you dare miss this show again!:animwink: I think you will find that it will be a must-see for any and all future trips you make to WDW.

Upvote 0

dougmacmickey

Great show

Seen it many times & its terrific very audience participation & great songs & characters a trip to AK would not be complete without the Lion King do yourself a favout & do not miss it !!!:wave:

Upvote 0

sam_disney

i love the festival of the lion king! it's a must for us on a trip to animal kingdom!! i usually get very emotional watching it... its just wonderful! :D
can't believe you have never been... you're seriously missing out!! x

Upvote 0

sam_disney

The show is very good and entertaining. I still like the Tarzan Rocks show there much better. It is too bad they took that one away. This is a must do for us every trip when we go to AK. Besides the show, it gives kids a little time to unwind. Before the show, they can meet some of the people and play around a little. It has AC and a relaxed atmosphere. There is audience participation as well.

o my gosh.. have to agree!! i loved tarzan rocks!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom