Is Fastpass+ Needed for Dinosaur?

Luke P

Original Poster
Hello Fellow Disney Friends!

Quick question about fastpass+ use at Animal Kingdom. My girlfriend and I currently have fastpasses for Kilimanjaro, Everest, and Navi River Journey for our full day at Animal Kingdom (still trying to get Flight of Passage constantly). My girlfriend is wary about roller coasters, but she says she will ride as long as it doesn't go upside down or large steep drops.

Should we get Dinosaur fastpasses instead? From what I have seen, wait times are usually low for this VERY underrated attraction. We will be at WDW from 1/29-2/3. She loves dinosaurs as well. Personally, I will want to ride Everest at least twice since I have never experienced it before.

This will be her first trip to WDW and the first time I have been since 2004! Thank you very much for taking the time to read and any advice is greatly appreciated! Have a great day!!!

Swoosh32

I would get a FP+ for Rivers of Light (first showing) instead of Everest. You can get numerous rides during the second showing and Dinosaur will be a walk-on at night.

WDW_Jon

You need to define steep on a rollercoaster but not sure she will like Everest from what you’ve said!
It’s great but one of the more intense rollercoasters in WDW :)

nickys

Premium Member
You need to define steep on a rollercoaster but not sure she will like Everest from what you’ve said!
It’s great but one of the more intense rollercoasters in WDW :)

In fact, she'll take one look at it and back away, just like me lol! Happy to watch others do it, just not going to get me on that rickety old coaster, thanks ;).

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Other option: Keep the FP+ for Everest and ride once with yours and a quick second time with hers. ;)

When she sees the drop from outside the ride she'll likely chicken out, and well, it would be a shame to "waste" those FP+! :p

WDW_Jon

In fact, she'll take one look at it and back away, just like me lol! Happy to watch others do it, just not going to get me on that rickety old coaster, thanks ;).
Do it, you’ll love it ;)

Tell her there’s a less intense version and once she’s there it’s too late :)

correcaminos

I would get a FP+ for Rivers of Light (first showing) instead of Everest. You can get numerous rides during the second showing and Dinosaur will be a walk-on at night.
See I wouldn't do ROL FP+ and keep my first three for ones that i will use up earlier in the day. I like to get FP right after my 3rd is gone and night shows always screw that up. That said I've gotten Dinosaur as a FP as a 4th one a few times now.

Swoosh32

See I wouldn't do ROL FP+ and keep my first three for ones that i will use up earlier in the day. I like to get FP right after my 3rd is gone and night shows always screw that up. That said I've gotten Dinosaur as a FP as a 4th one a few times now.

We literally got another FP+ after we scanned for ROL. I personally don’t like waiting in line for ROL so (for me) this is the only option.

My suggestion is to do:
1. Navi River Journey
2. Safari
3. ROL early show

Get in line for FOP at rope drop.
Then go to Kali.

correcaminos

We literally got another FP+ after we scanned for ROL. I personally don’t like waiting in line for ROL so (for me) this is the only option.

My suggestion is to do:
1. Navi River Journey
2. Safari
3. ROL early show

Get in line for FOP at rope drop.
Then go to Kali.
To each their own. ROL isn't worth a FP to me. There are usually seats available right up to the end. It's not that big of a draw really.

I'd rather not have to wait until night to use my FP, but we've been known for doing 5 or 6 the day of.

disneygeek90

My personal recommendation, drop the EE FP if she would probably not be into it. Go into the single rider line (usually under 10 mins). Get to Dinosaur early-ish and the lines will not be bad. RoL might be a good option if you definitely want to see the show. You can walk in 15 mins before show and have a spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom