Is Eisner a bad guy, or someone we should be thanking...?

grimgringhost

Originally posted by Disneyowner182
as i've read through these forums i've seen post that show his good points and bad points.I think as him as bad but he has helped disney in many ways but also hurt it in many ways.
:dazzle:
You know, I can agree with you there, but all human beings are fallible, he's not God, you know.

Lance

I'm an Eisner Guy.

Please tell me if anything in this post is false.

From what I've read, after they built Epcot in 82, the company was a little low on cash. The company wasn't heading down a good path, then they found this Entertainment Exec hotshot; Michael Eisner in 85?. He was brought in to help out the company and lead it down the right road. Not two years, in he wanted to build a park like the Disney Studios. He was a major factor in the building of the MGM Studios. So, I'm all for his part in building the Studios. He's tried to get Disney more into the Entertainment field, with ABC and ESPN, yeah he's not the HUGE HUGE on the parks, but he does a great job.

The only bad thing I can associate with Eisner is the employees. I always hear from relatives how CM's work for peanuts and all that. How Eisner doesn't acknowledge them and all that.

I don't know, I respect Michael Eisner.

Pioneer Hall

Eisner does OK, but sometimes it seems like him (and many of the other executives) could care less about the way the parks are. You have read some of the stories from Disneyland. They are not something that Walt would be proud of.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think Eisner has done a great job and should be thanked. At the same time I feel he has lost some of the energy he brought with him originally. I would love to see someone younger, more energetic and more daring come in and bring some life back to the company. I don't know if that person exists, and there is a risk in hiring someone who is daring but dares to do the wrong things.

It seems to me that Disney World (I have to admit that as an easterner I am Disney World Centric) has been somewhat stagnant since Animal Kingdom opened. When my son and I went in December, we had a hard time finding anything new.

I love disney, and I hate to sound at all negative. It's possible the Imagineers have something spectacular they're about to unveil, but if they don't, I'd like to see a CEO who won't sleep until he knows they do have it. I think about the stories of Walt preparing his original Disney Land presentation and I long for something as passionate and fresh.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by garyhoov

It seems to me that Disney World (I have to admit that as an easterner I am Disney World Centric) has been somewhat stagnant since Animal Kingdom opened. When my son and I went in December, we had a hard time finding anything new.

I love disney, and I hate to sound at all negative. It's possible the Imagineers have something spectacular they're about to unveil, but if they don't, I'd like to see a CEO who won't sleep until he knows they do have it. I think about the stories of Walt preparing his original Disney Land presentation and I long for something as passionate and fresh.

We all have to remember that the Theme parks are just a tiny part of the Disney Company. And it recently has been determined that the parks are not an important part of the Disney company. So if the parks are not that profitable in their eyes then that means less new attractions. Look what is happening with Disneyland.

NowInc

Originally posted by garyhoov

I love disney, and I hate to sound at all negative. It's possible the Imagineers have something spectacular they're about to unveil,.

They are ;)

Mission:Space

epcot71

before 1984 disney was in the worst shape it has ever been.this was one time that disney could have easily been bankrupt or sold.roy disney was the one who was fending off the voltures.he seeked out eisner and wells and took eisner from paramount which he had to do with making "happy days and laverne and shirly".roy wanted the same type of relationship as walt and roy sr.-eisner would be the creative think tank while wells (a lawyer) would be the financial brains.stock was 5 dollars a share in 84-under eisner it has hit 50 even though it is down lately but it will go back up-sales went from like 3 billion to somthing like 60+ billion a year .every aspect of disney got bigger and better.eisner has like any good leader made mistakes and will make more in the future but as the good leader he is he will realize his mistakes and rectify them.

PuertoRekinSam

Originally posted by Lance
I'm an Eisner Guy.

. Not two years, in he wanted to build a park like the Disney Studios. He was a major factor in the building of the MGM Studios. So, I'm all for his part in building the Studios. He's tried to get Disney more into the Entertainment field, with ABC and ESPN, yeah he's not the HUGE HUGE on the parks, but he does a great job.

Well, Eisner's biggest reason for the studios was because of Universal Opening a Movie park in Fl. in 1990 and he wanted disney to do it first and best.

NowInc

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
Originally posted by Lance

Well, Eisner's biggest reason for the studios was because of Universal Opening a Movie park in Fl. in 1990 and he wanted disney to do it first and best.

And judging by attendance...they did it right ;)

Smart move...

Pioneer Hall

I think the studios is better themed that Universal. Because there is an overall 1940's decor through the park. But the Sorverer hat kills all of that. Is that here to stay or is going away?

NowInc

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I think the studios is better themed that Universal. Because there is an overall 1940's decor through the park. But the Sorverer hat kills all of that. Is that here to stay or is going away?

Thats a mixed issue...no one knows for sure...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom