Is Disney's Hollywood Studios discontinuing evening Extra Magic Hours?

MagicHappens1971

With $DIS recent moves is there any question that EMH is an endangered species?, possibly to be replaced with various upcharge events.
EMH have been endangered ever since Disney introduced Disney After Hours in my opinion. I don't think Disney can afford to cut a resort benefit right now, but depending on how the year goes for them I could see it happening over time.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
EMH have been endangered ever since Disney introduced Disney After Hours in my opinion. I don't think Disney can afford to cut a resort benefit right now, but depending on how the year goes for them I could see it happening over time.

Take a look at one of the posts in this thread I'm too lazy to look it up but they were there for 9 days over the past holiday season and there were a total of 3 EMH days over all 4 parks. That kind of tells you where Disney is going i.e. much shorter park hours and 'Disney After Hours' hard ticket events.

I can remember a time when MK/EPCOT were usually open to 11-12PM, While AK is beautiful at night most of the animals become less active at night and I can see why the park closes early RoL and more dining in Harambe should keep at least Africa open till 9.

But now it's all about Revenue Generation and Guest experience has been tossed in the dustbin of history

Biff215

For now, but since it was just announced one could assume it will remain when the weather starts to warm up and the parks extend their evening hours...... and Volcano Bay opens.
That's still more about CityWalk and less about the theme parks. How many non-AP's are showing up to the parks after 6:00? This just keeps them in line with the free parking at Disney Springs.

I haven't used EMH (particularly evening) in years since I have younger kids. Still a shame to see it cut back or eventually lost altogether, especially if hard ticket events are the replacement. Hopefully Disney's occupancy rate will suffer so they can learn a lesson, but only time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom