Is Disney's food cost out of line??

BuddyThomas

I mean, anywhere there is a captive audience, the prices are going to be ridiculous. From Disney to other theme parks, to ball parks, to Broadway shows, if you want food and/or beverage, make sure you have a big stack of cash.

I used to spend a bunch of time complaining about this, but prices have only gone up, not down over the years, and so I have just kind of accepted that I need a lot of money if I wanna go pretty much anywhere, so I save up, and then spend the hell out of it, and don't give it a second thought. Although I have to admit thT $30.00 glasses of wine at Broadway shows are extremely painful.

Phonedave

Although I have to admit thT $30.00 glasses of wine at Broadway shows are extremely painful.

The $7 bottles of water are as well.

I work a fundraiser every year where I am in charge of beverages (beer, wine, soda, water). I charge $1 a bottle, and I still make an outrageous profit off of water. I'm buying through a restaurant supply at around 15 cents a bottle, and I think $1 a bottle gets me a healthy profit.

-dave

Pat Di

Will still never forget walking to work one day and hearing a tourist say to his I-assume-wife, "I don't care if it's more expensive than at home, we've GOT to eat there! Don't you want to tell our friends we ate at the WORLD'S LARGEST APPLEBEES?"

But it's TWO stories!! and it's Time Square!!! ;)

dieboy

2 words.
Captive Audience.
You find that at every captive audience venue. I paid the same as Disney prices last time I was at a concert, basically 20 bucks for a beer and a burger.

I'm unsure why this is such a weird thing for people, its been going on since places were able to keep a captive audience, I just expect it and plan for it now.

Tom P.

My family and I were at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN for two days this past week. We ate a couple of meals there. Trust me, Disney's food cost is not out of line for theme park dining. In fact, in some cases things are cheaper at Walt Disney World than they are at Dollywood. It's not Disney being greedy -- it's how theme park dining works everywhere.

Raineman

2 words.
Captive Audience.
You find that at every captive audience venue. I paid the same as Disney prices last time I was at a concert, basically 20 bucks for a beer and a burger.

I'm unsure why this is such a weird thing for people, its been going on since places were able to keep a captive audience, I just expect it and plan for it now.
I agree 100%. anyone who's ever been to a Six Flags or Cedar Fair amusement park knows that the pricing in those places are almost always more than WDW-and you are buying food that is a lower quality than pretty much anything at WDW. Way too many people go to WDW expecting offsite restaurant prices with higher than offsite restaurant food quality-it ain't happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom