Is Disneyland Paris better than the parks at WDW?

General Mayhem

For the people who have been to both, how would you compare them?

355426.jpg
Unfortunately that beauty is only skin deep. From the lack of maintenance (until very recently) and lack of attractions and loss of much of what made Discoveryland special. DLP was once a shining diamond and now over time become a hollow shell.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unfortunately that beauty is only skin deep. From the lack of maintenance (until very recently) and lack of attractions and loss of much of what made Discoveryland special. DLP was once a shining diamond and now over time become a hollow shell.
Maintenance trumps Orlando now. So there’s that.

I make 29 major attractions in Orlando. 28 in Parc Disneyland.

duder

I have never been to Paris, my son when he was in high school his class took a trip to Paris and his only comment was the people of Paris were the most nasty people and he would never go back. Have others found this of Parisians? They went on to Barcelona and loved it.

France and Paris are no more or less 'nasty' than anywhere else in the world. If you equate being nice with chattiness, then I guess you could find them 'rude'.

If you dont put forth any effort in your interactions with locals, and just expect them to conform to your language or expectations, I would expect to be disappointed, and that goes for anywhere. Take the time to learn the basics of social interaction, and a few key phrases and you will find that that coldness goes away.

ryguy

Big Thunder and Space were far superior in Paris. The manor was closed when I was there back in January. As were many things, so it's hard to compare. Disneyland hotel was just okay. Floridian is nicer. Would love to see the park in the summer.

The Studios were horrible. Everything about that place stunk. Ratatouille was good that's about it.

SirWillow

French people in general don't seem to like people who don't speak French, I've heard Montreal can be as bad as Paris for this.

France and Paris are no more or less 'nasty' than anywhere else in the world. If you equate being nice with chattiness, then I guess you could find them 'rude'.

If you dont put forth any effort in your interactions with locals, and just expect them to conform to your language or expectations, I would expect to be disappointed, and that goes for anywhere. Take the time to learn the basics of social interaction, and a few key phrases and you will find that that coldness goes away.

I'm with @duder When I went to Disneyland Paris I knew almost no French (Spanish is my second language). But I made a point once I knew that I was going to learn at least a few words and phrases. Just offering a simple "Bonjour" when I greeted people brought a lot of smiles and some great interactions. Being able to say thank you and excuse me in French (merci and excusez-moi) and in French being able to apologize for not speaking French brought many a smile. Simply because I tried.

We have this thing that we expect people coming to the US to speak English and accept our ways, yet all to often we don't reciprocate then call the others "rude" when in reality...

I met a lot of wonderful people in France, had some fantastic conversations, and wished I had more time to get to know some of them better.

kap91

The land design is stunning - easily the best environments of any castle park. There's not a lot of content to back it up though - I found most of the attractions to be fine but nothing really stood out, and I was left feeling like the lands were surprisingly big for how few attractions were in them.

SirWillow

Big Thunder and Space were far superior in Paris. The manor was closed when I was there back in January. As were many things, so it's hard to compare. Disneyland hotel was just okay. Floridian is nicer. Would love to see the park in the summer.

The Studios were horrible. Everything about that place stunk. Ratatouille was good that's about it.

you didn't like the Crush Coaster? Tower of Terror? Rock N Roller Coaster? Their version of Toy Story Land?

I liked what was in Studios. Just didn't feel like there was enough of it. That's changing.

ryguy

you didn't like the Crush Coaster? Tower of Terror? Rock N Roller Coaster? Their version of Toy Story Land?

I liked what was in Studios. Just didn't feel like there was enough of it. That's changing.
Crush was closed. Rock and Tower I thought were not as nice as the ones in the states. They certainly were not better.

Disney.Mike

Glad to hear DLP is so good of a park. I'll most likely be moving to Germany over the next couple months and looking forward to checking it out.

Kingoglow

I just got back from there.
Disneyland Paris was amazing in so many ways. The thing that stood out to me most was the culture of park guests. No scooters, only a few fat people, few strollers (don't recall seeing a stroller park), quiet guests, temperate weather. It was amazing.

Walt Disney Studios was a huge disappointment through. That park was a mess.

Jon81uk

I just got back from there.
Disneyland Paris was amazing in so many ways. The thing that stood out to me most was the culture of park guests. No scooters, only a few fat people, few strollers (don't recall seeing a stroller park), quiet guests, temperate weather. It was amazing.

Walt Disney Studios was a huge disappointment through. That park was a mess.
I think Europe in general has a lot less of a culture of using pushchairs/strollers except for very young children. Also we don't have the obesity problem that the USA does that causes the widespread use of motorised scooters.

A few people mentioned not liking the Studios park whereas I thought it had good elements that just need building out. Cinemagique (since closed) was a great show and Crush's Coaster is a lot of fun (even if the capacity is horrid), Stich Encounter was good but not as good as Turtle Talk, I even enjoyed Armegeddon experiance. Rock'n'Rollercoaster had a strange pre-show but the ride was equally as good as Florida.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not to take one side or another, but I love the entire concept of this thread even existing considering how much of a flop what was once EuroDisney was considered back when it opened, and how it was considered pretty much a failure of a park.
Fun fact. The park was never considered a failure. It was insanely popular from day one.

Much like a Horizons sink hole it’s a popular misconception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom