Is Disney trolling us now? Space Mountain post-refurbishment.

JD2000

Original Poster
After close to 14 years of neglect, they finally got around to dealing with the pulsating blue tunnel, but guess what? Just 7 out of the 12 rows are completely illuminated now. That, and one individual bulb, in a different row, in very prominent location. Also, there was no return to the rows alternating either. Is this for real?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
After close to 14 years of neglect, they finally got around to dealing with the pulsating blue tunnel, but guess what? Just 7 out of the 12 rows are completely illuminated now. That, and one individual bulb, in a different row, in very prominent location. Also, there was no return to the rows alternating either. Is this for real?

They're making sure you have something to post about... ;):p😂

180º

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets worked up over Space Mountain neglect. :)

The alternating row pattern was so cool, unique to DL and its sequence was a lot faster and more disorienting than the mild effect they have going now. Unfortunately, it only really works when all the lights are working.

But I am really excited to hear the First Lift Crackle return, proving to me once again that I really need to sort out my priorities!

Phroobar

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just re-arranged the working bulbs, rather than replaced any of those burned out.

This is not the level of maintenance Walt expected.
If they did that, they could have spelled out some words that only the internet would figure out.

oo_nrb

...am I the only one who likes what the effect looks like now vs 2005?

ADDED > Also the first lift hill illuminating upward as you approach it is a really nice touch, as is the domes at the top of the hill fading from red to white, instead of an instantaneous switch.

Rich T

I can complain about neglect at DL as much as the next guy, but—I’ll be honest—I don’t notice the missing lights, and if I did it wouldn’t matter to me as long as the overall idea works. Even without bulb-for-bulb perfection, Space Mtn. is an amazing ride. And compared to the shenanigans Disney has pulled with the parks over the last year, I’m just glad the ride isn’t now Elsa’s Icy Observatory.

Regarding the lost light sequencing: Is it possible they toned things down to avoid epileptic incidents?

Last edited:

JD2000

Original Poster
I can complain about neglect at DL as much as the next guy, but—I’ll be honest—I don’t notice the missing lights, and if I did it wouldn’t matter to me as long as the overall idea works. Even without bulb-for-bulb perfection, Space Mtn. is an amazing ride. And compared to the shenanigans Disney has pulled with the parks over the last year, I’m just glad the ride isn’t now Elsa’s Icy Observatory.

Regarding the lost light sequencing: Is it possible they toned things down to avoid epileptic incidents?
I am surprised you don't notice. But they could have at least illuminated every second row or light. That would have looked better, no?

justinliew

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets worked up over Space Mountain neglect. :)

The alternating row pattern was so cool, unique to DL and its sequence was a lot faster and more disorienting than the mild effect they have going now. Unfortunately, it only really works when all the lights are working.

But I am really excited to hear the First Lift Crackle return, proving to me once again that I really need to sort out my priorities!
What's the first lift crackle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom