Is Disney Springs worth driving down a day early?

winstongator

Oh, okay they have those things at the malls in my area.

I thought you meant something like this when you said high tech:
parking-garage.jpg[img]
Before the re-brand, our last visit had us parking across BV Dr. Not a fun experience. Having a place to easily park is nice.

I wish I got to see the drone show too. I didn't even make the Christmas tree area either of the last 2 years.

Chef Mickey

An entire day?

In a word, no. It's literally a mall with a bunch of places to eat. I mean, it's cool to have a lot of dining options, but once you've eaten, none of the others do anything for you. It's also super overpriced.

I would rather walk around my resort for an hour than go there.

eliza61nyc

I'd sleep in my car before I slept in a $55 motel room.
OT, lol we actually ended up doing that a few years back. driving down from Philadelphia, found a cheapy hotel in Brunswich Ga right on the border of GA and florida. checked in and I swear the bed had bugs crawling on it. turned right around, called American express to get the charge removed and we just slept in the car in the parking lot. No way was I going to put my kids in that room.

JIMINYCR

I might do it. The biggest value to you would be being able to start your park days off fresh and rested. Getting the long distance driving oout of the way, checking into a hotel, and then wandering DS, having a good meal and some entertainment gets you started on your vacation. It all depends on how much value youd put onto starting out this way. If theres enough of a benefit to you and your family and the cost isnt a hardship, it would be worth the extra day head start.

DfromATX

We usually go there on our arrival day for dinner and to walk around a bit. It's just a big shopping/restaurant area. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you have the day for your vacation.. use it.

Drive down, do an attraction in Orlando... spend the evening for dinner at Disney Springs... do some walking/shopping... stay at a nice offsite hotel... then tackle Disney fresh in the AM.

The only question here really is if you have the extra day, and want to spend the money on a hotel ($90-$150).

Don't limit yourself to Disney Springs.. and don't look at it as an attraction. It's a nice place to spend time.

dreamfinder

Look at the stores/restaurants online first. Are there some that are must do? If so, then sure, it's worth it. But if you have a high end mall near you that has many of the same stores, or none of them hold your interest, then it's probably not going to be worth it. The food on the other hand, there are now several outstanding restaurants in DS that might be worth while. It's easier to devote a few hours to DS and do lunch, shop, then dinner instead of trying to schlep over for dinner on a park night. My DW and I like several of the restaurants, and having to travel and not spend time in the park limits us to eating there once or so a trip.

Dutch Inn '76

Disney Springs is a disappointment to me. It's like a high end mall with a few cool restaurants. Thumbs down.

If you want to go to the restaurants, fine, but don't go for the shopping. You can find the same stuff in any big city.

MissingDisney

You found it necessary to post something snarky, so I'm just telling you how it is.
I don’t think pointing out some like it is snarky. It’s the truth. To each their own. I don’t shop their either but I don’t only consider it a mall. I think it has more to offer. Telling someone how it is may be considered ‘snarky ‘. :joyfull:

Chef Mickey

I don’t think pointing out some like it is snarky. It’s the truth. To each their own. I don’t shop their either but I don’t only consider it a mall. I think it has more to offer. Telling someone how it is may be considered ‘snarky ‘. :joyfull:
You were stating the obvious to a question soliciting an opinion, which I gave. Countering by saying, "other people like it" served no purpose other than to be snarky.

mikewdw

Original Poster
priced most of DS resorts and one night that weekend is going to be 150-200 then two meals for 5 people (2 adults, 3 teens) would be about another 50-100. I would love to find a cheap clean (CLEAN) hotel for a good deal but its holiday weekend so that probably wont happen. any good hotel recomendations? the restful night is best selling point for us but knew someone here could tell me if DS had some must do attractions or stores.
thanks and keep info coming
mikewdw

winstongator

priced most of DS resorts and one night that weekend is going to be 150-200 then two meals for 5 people (2 adults, 3 teens) would be about another 50-100. I would love to find a cheap clean (CLEAN) hotel for a good deal but its holiday weekend so that probably wont happen. any good hotel recomendations? the restful night is best selling point for us but knew someone here could tell me if DS had some must do attractions or stores.
thanks and keep info coming
mikewdw
Personally, I would consider shifting your whole stay to a DS area hotel, and then seeing the cost difference. I'm not a TA, so don't know how you could be impacted if you already have plans. We stayed at the B over the summer, but it had some roof problems and our wing had soggy floors in the hallway :( We enjoyed the Doubletree a few years ago, and those rooms tend to be bigger.

My kids love the LEGO store, World of Disney, and we are doing the Star Wars VR attraction @ $30/person. I like the Christmas store. Uniqlo has some good t-shirts. I like D-luxe burger.

correcaminos

I don't think it's worth extra money to spend a day there. They have some larger Disney shopping buildings but generally speaking there is nothing at Springs that we don't have at home or that we cannot see elsewhere. The extra shops they added on are no different than what we have at home. It's good for a few hours, but not a day and definitely not worth that much extra money to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom