Is Disney going to take a Gamble this Fall

Dave B

I have been talking with a few friends as we are planning our trips for the 50th this fall and it got us thinking about the fall specials. We starting thinking that Disney might take a gamble this fall and NOT offer any discounts. It appears demand is very high and I know all resorts are not open yet, but if you look at the park reservation calendar, there are dates in October already booked, they might not need to offer any discounts, the current offer ends September 29th and in reading the boards it sounds the like the offer for UK is for next year and only a $950 gift card for food and drinks, just was wondering what your thought are out there? Do you think they will go for it and not offer anything?

erstwo

Looking at historical release dates for Disney discounts - there is usually a 10-20% off room rates offered right after 4th of July and then a slightly (20- 30% off room or some sort of package discount) offered in early October.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a discount offered for September only right after this 4th of July. And then another one in early August that would be blacked out for the week(s) surrounding the 50th anniversary. Black out dates have been fairly common in recent years.

Upvote 0

yensid67

I have NEVER stayed on property! I would like to sometime, but I don't see the reasoning to spend over a $100 on a room that you won't be in 95% of the time you are there! If you have young kids that would enjoy the hotel, that's different! But if you are an adult with no kids, staying on property would not be top priority(my opinion)

Personally...
I like to save money on the hotel so I have extra money for souvenirs and a meal in the parks!

Upvote 0

Dave B

Original Poster
It looks like Disney is going to go for it and NOT offer any discounts for the FALL, I wonder if this will start a new trend for Disney?

Upvote 0

paul436

It looks like Disney is going to go for it and NOT offer any discounts for the FALL, I wonder if this will start a new trend for Disney?
I hope your mistaken. I'm anxiously awaiting discount offers for early November 2021. I would be severely disappointed if they weren't offered.

Upvote 0

Muffinpants

I hope your mistaken. I'm anxiously awaiting discount offers for early November 2021. I would be severely disappointed if they weren't offered.
The hotels are pretty much full why would they offer a discount? Saddly I think until the revenge travel is over there wotn be any discounts. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it

Upvote 1

Dave B

Original Poster
I really do think they would have been released already, I check everyday and they are sticking with that 25% off thru end of September, I think that is all we are getting

Upvote 0

runnsally

I really do think they would have been released already, I check everyday and they are sticking with that 25% off thru end of September, I think that is all we are getting
Agreed. At most a targeted offer for a place like AKL that seems to still have a lot of availability for the fall (and one of the most inflated rack rates IMHO).

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Agreed. At most a targeted offer for a place like AKL that seems to still have a lot of availability for the fall (and one of the most inflated rack rates IMHO).
AKL is only re-opening towards the end of this month (for non DVC guests). There’s time for bookings to increase. I imagine the same is true for POR which isn’t opening until October (and POFQ too perhaps, I can’t recall).
I don’t see the need for any discounts to be announced yet.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Original Poster
I would argue its not about the need but more about providing the services from prior years, I KNOW this is not the past and things are very different, but they are definitely taking advantage of the COVID Fever from lack of travel and that just has not been the Disney way in the past🥲

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I would argue its not about the need but more about providing the services from prior years, I KNOW this is not the past and things are very different, but they are definitely taking advantage of the COVID Fever from lack of travel and that just has not been the Disney way in the past🥲
Are you saying that they should offer a discount only because they have done so in the past? even though resorts are probably at or above the "magical occupancy" percentage where they usually offer the discount to draw in more bookings? and they have lost a ton of money since March 2020?

Upvote 0

OneofThree

The discounts Disney offers on rooms is consistent with the same sort of dynamic pricing model used by other companies. Discounts are not offered as much as discounted rooms are offered in order to achieve desired occupancy rates. With so much demand right now and so little availability, there is no cause for discounts.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Original Poster
Are you saying that they should offer a discount only because they have done so in the past? even though resorts are probably at or above the "magical occupancy" percentage where they usually offer the discount to draw in more bookings? and they have lost a ton of money since March
The only thing I can say is that they are not losing that much money, maybe in the parks a little, ( And I doubt that with what they are charging now ) but they are making it up somewhere else for sure, Have you looked at the Stock Price foe DIS?

Upvote 0

jpinkc

I am hoping that once the Madness of people needing to escape with Schools restarting, Slaps Disney in the face hard. I am going in Nov and looking at all the stuff disappearing and rumors of whats coming. The Value of a Disney Vacation is looking abysmal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom