Is chef Mickeys for dinner gone down in quality?

wedance6

Original Poster
I keep reading mixed review these days on Chef Mickeys saying the food isn't up to par anymore. We haven't been there in 8 years but went to Hollywood and Vine last year and loved the food there. We wanted to try something different this year so we were thinking Chef Mickeys. This would be for dinner not breakfast. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I keep reading mixed review these days on Chef Mickeys saying the food isn't up to par anymore. We haven't been there in 8 years but went to Hollywood and Vine last year and loved the food there. We wanted to try something different this year so we were thinking Chef Mickeys. This would be for dinner not breakfast. Thanks!
Hollywood and Vine is ranked pretty low on the food scale, so if you are happy there, you will probably be fine with Chef Mickey's.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I went to Chef Mickey's just a week ago. Most of the food was bland. I thought it used to be better, as well. Perhaps my memory was stuffed with pixie dust.

Joeamc

I keep reading mixed review these days on Chef Mickeys saying the food isn't up to par anymore. We haven't been there in 8 years but went to Hollywood and Vine last year and loved the food there. We wanted to try something different this year so we were thinking Chef Mickeys. This would be for dinner not breakfast. Thanks![/QUOTE
First a little history on my family and Chef Mickeys. It is my sons FAVORITE restaurant and we HAVE TO eat there every time we go to WDW...LOL. My daughter absolutely loves it also (but Cinderella's Royal table has a slight edge in her book). The last couple of times we have went over the past couple of years, Dinner has been Horrendous!!! Seriously, really bad. Now like i stated earlier this restaurant holds a special place in my families hearts, but the food for dinner is has been REALLY BAD lately!

Joeamc

First a little history on my family and Chef Mickeys. It is my sons FAVORITE restaurant and we HAVE TO eat there every time we go to WDW...LOL. My daughter absolutely loves it also (but Cinderella's Royal table has a slight edge in her book). The last couple of times we have went over the past couple of years, Dinner has been Horrendous!!! Seriously, really bad. Now, like I stated earlier, this restaurant holds a special place in my families hearts, but the food for dinner has been REALLY BAD lately!

Raegansmommy

We went last December, after not going to Disney for 6 years. I remembered not being too impressed by the food at Chef Mickey's, but I was also pregnant and had all-day (morning) sickness during our trip. I was pleasantly surprised with the food our trip last December. They really added a lot of new choices. We have only been there for dinner though.

correcaminos

I don't think it's even *that* recent it's gone down hill. It's to the point that I don't suggest it to anyone unless they have "need" to go see Mickey in a noisy place. A friend is going and she's doing it just for the character interaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom