Is Boardwalk Worth It?

Crazydisneygirl

We stayed there for a second time this past September. 4 years ago we stayed at Boardwalk but visited a few other resorts. When booking this trip my husband insisted on Boardwalk. The easy distance to 2 parks, the bakery, the atmosphere in the evening is just wonderful. Very comfortable and not too big. We looked at Grand Florian and got lost.

When we go back in about 5 years, I have no doubt we will stay at Boardwalk again.

aladdin2007

does anyone know (for boardwalk especially although Im guessing its the same at all the resorts) what the in-room dining fees are on top of food selection? and is tip included in the price or is it separate? thanks

correcaminos

does anyone know (for boardwalk especially although Im guessing its the same at all the resorts) what the in-room dining fees are on top of food selection? and is tip included in the price or is it separate? thanks
From what I see on a relatively current picture

"A $3 Delivery Charge, 6.5% Sales Tax and 18% Service Charge will be added to all orders "

MonorailToEpcot

On any trip where I plan on spending a good amount of time at Epcot (and/or DHS) I absolutely think Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk are worth it.

For a Food & Wine trip it comes down to those three so we compare prices and then decide. Personally, I prefer Boardwalk because I love the theme, though my wife prefers Beach. Can't go wrong either way, IMO.

As far as comparing the 'deluxe' feel to Poly or AKL - I've stayed at two and spent a good amount of time at AKL for meals - I think they all feel deluxe, especially compared to the moderates or values. The Boardwalk doesn't have an overly impressive lobby compared to those two - it's a "wow" walking into the other two for me - but I've enjoyed staying there nonetheless. It can't compare to AKL as far as food options, but there is good food on the Boardwalk (Flying Fish is great!) and it's a short walk to a meal at Beach/Yacht/Swan/Dolphin.

Last edited:

Hockey89

It is such a cool area....Very active at night and very very pretty..

I love walking to two parks... Love walking the loop after dinner.. IMHO best area at Disney for hotels...

YorkshireT

I booked a 2 bed standard DVC this summer. My wife wasn't bothered. It's now both of our's favourite resort. In fact it's one of my favourite ever hotels. My wife loved it.
It's difficult to explain but it has an atmosphere that seeps into you. It's wonderful.
Also it's extremely well kept and the management is very, very proactive. When I was there Is saw a few times a more senior manager walking around with a lesser manager pointing out things they wanted perfecting.
I got speaking to them and they asked what could be improved, they wanted to know. I said not much, the sun loungers were past their best, she said already covered, new ones here Monday!
I didn't expect to like that clown pool, but again it's better in the flesh and again a great atmosphere.
Highly, highly recommended. It feels much more 'deluxe' than AKL to me.

Katiekitten

Having just got back from the Boardwalk recently it was lovely. I was a bit hesitant about staying there for first time, having previously stayed at the yacht and beach club a couple of times but not being able to get in this time around, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. The only downside was the clown pool, Stormalong Bay wins hands down here, I even preferred the pool at Wilderness Lodge. However, you can't beat the location and what the resort has to offer on an evening I wish I'd spent more time on the boardwalk itself during the evenings whilst I was there.

cmb5002

Boardwalk is our home resort and we love it. It does have a few negatives, but with the ease of access to Epcot and HS and several other restaurant hotels, my wife an I love it. As a few have mentioned, the evening entertainment on the Boardwalk itself is lots of fun for kids (and some adult kids) to watch. Jellyrolls is a ton of fun, Ample Hills is worth the extra calories. It really does have the feel of a Jersey/Delaware beach resort, especially when you're dodging the surrey bikes.

Seeshark

Can't beat the location and I enjoyed the bustle of the Boardwalk at night. My daughter also enjoyed the creepy clown pool slide. Just wanted to mention that our one-bedroom villa in Boardwalk was the same layout as the one-bedroom villa in Boulder Creek - maybe a touch smaller as the entrance hallway was a bit shorter if memory serves - so I didn't feel like I was losing anything from a "deluxe" standpoint. The lobby isn't as grand as WL or AKL, but there's lots of neat touches on the property. Our room overlooked the "quiet" pool and I didn't feel like that was too far away from the Boardwalk. I had tried actually to get one of those end rooms closest to HS where the building bends. They are apparently a bit larger - I forget the room numbers; it's been a few years. They also are near the bus stop. Anyway, I couldn't get one down there.

Disney Dad 3000

Big fan of the BW. AKL and WL are among my top 2-3 but I love the BW vibe. Location is great with 2 parks connected. I'm usually up early so like to go relax on the boardwalk in the am when not many are out. Entertainment walking back from the parks is nice too. Pool areas are basic but I can live with that. If Swan/Dolphin prices aren't jacked up I'll stay there too as you can get some of the same benefits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom