Is Be Our Guest still worth it?

chimchimcheree

I'm scheduled to eat dinner at Be Our Guest at 7:30 PM during MNSSHP on Nov. 1. I loved Be Our Guest the last time I ate there, but that was in March 2016. I'm hearing that the menu has changed, and that overall the quality of the experience has declined. I'm a huge BATB fan (see: me with my Belle mouse ears and books) but the prix fixe menu...I don't know if I'm willing to spend that kind of money on a mediocre meal. Has anyone been there recently enough who can tell me if it's still worth it or if I should cancel?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm scheduled to eat dinner at Be Our Guest at 7:30 PM during MNSSHP on Nov. 1. I loved Be Our Guest the last time I ate there, but that was in March 2016. I'm hearing that the menu has changed, and that overall the quality of the experience has declined. I'm a huge BATB fan (see: me with my Belle mouse ears and books) but the prix fixe menu...I don't know if I'm willing to spend that kind of money on a mediocre meal. Has anyone been there recently enough who can tell me if it's still worth it or if I should cancel?

I have to agree with @drizgirl I wouldn't spend party time at a sit down restaurant no matter how good it is.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

I agree that its not worth it for a party night! Overall though, I would recommend BOG, I went there this past May and had an amazing experience. I went with low expectations due to the reviews and not having loved my seafood dish there in the past but everything was spectacular and service was amazing. It is definitely an expensive meal with prix fixe so i'd recommend for special occasions.

Upvote 0

jbird327

I had dinner at BOG on Halloween in 2013, 15 and 17. Last time it was not too good, particularly service. I thought it was possibly the change in schedule to keep it open later into the evening but it was off enough that we won’t be back for dinner. This Halloween it’s dinner at Cinderella’s at 6. We are trying BOG for lunch that day.

Upvote 0

DISR

I agree with the other posts...the cost per hour of experiencing MNSSHP goes up a lot if you spend one or more of those precious hours in a restaurant. We went to the Poly for pre-gaming and food prior to the party start. I felt like the main meal for the evening should be enjoyed before the party to get the best bang for our buck. Doing it at the Poly also added the benefit of enjoying an adult beverage or two.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom