Is anyone actually excited about Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind or is it just me?

Little Green Men

But do you see where the stretch is there. You can shoehorn anything in if needed. But, why are we forcing the shoehorn vs. using stories that more naturally fit?
I think cyber space would've been the best theme, combining computers with space. Computers fits the current TT Sim Track storyline and Play is a cyber city while GOTG and MS explores real space.

Epcot82Guy

I actually would totally agree with that. Have it be World Discovery and be about exploring and designing through tech and design. And you could have easily done a science fiction pavilion or CGI pavilion and had it focus on GOTG if needed. In short, how our real world technology lets us explore and create new worlds.

Steph15251

Not sure if EPcot was still called Epcot center back in 1991 but that was the frist time I went there.I loved horizons ,and World in motion ,and what JI was like at that time.I do not miss body wars ,and UOE .I am just going to wait to see how things turn out before I judge.

MatheusPG

Does anyone know if the story of the ride is really going to be that Xandar want's to be part of World Showcase? If that's the case, wouldn't that break the already awful new theming of Epcot? Like, how would that fit in the (bland) World Discovery area, if that exact area it's right beside it? It would be like Space Mountain beeing about a journey to Frontierland...

Josh Hendy

Does anyone know if the story of the ride is really going to be that Xandar want's to be part of World Showcase? If that's the case, wouldn't that break the already awful new theming of Epcot? Like, how would that fit in the (bland) World Discovery area, if that exact area it's right beside it? It would be like Space Mountain beeing about a journey to Frontierland...
You know, this could work (or something like it) if TWDC really decides to take on the issues of Epcot's vision in an intelligent and fun way.

Such as:

"What are you doing in Epcot dude are you just here to steal Galaxy stones?"

"I am Groot!"

"Yeah we're here to get educated."

"Sure you are. The gift shop is over there. We're watching you."

The coaster forces the guardians to sit through what amounts to a Brief History of Time, which they (barely) tolerate in order to humor Groot.

I could get behind this!

MatheusPG

You know, this could work (or something like it) if TWDC really decides to take on the issues of Epcot's vision in an intelligent and fun way.

Such as:

"What are you doing in Epcot dude are you just here to steal Galaxy stones?"

"I am Groot!"

"Yeah we're here to get educated."

"Sure you are. The gift shop is over there. We're watching you."

The coaster forces the guardians to sit through what amounts to a Brief History of Time, which they (barely) tolerate in order to humor Groot.

I could get behind this!

Epcot's vision was amazing, the problem was with Disney, that became more greedy and bankrupt of any kind of imagination...

Your idea still doesn't solve the problem that the attraction may be around the concept of a World Showcase pavilion, despite not being in that area..

Josh Hendy

Your idea still doesn't solve the problem that the attraction may be around the concept of a World Showcase pavilion, despite not being in that area..
GotG coaster, in old UoE pavilion, nowhere near World Showcase. How are they connected to WS? Maybe I missed some leaked or official backstory ...

Unplugged

As it replaces UoE, an oil based energy pavilion, the only way I found that GotG fits in is when I realized that Groot is wood, wood burns and produces heat, heat can make steam, steam can power turbines which make electricity, electricity can power electric cars like the ones at TT.

So, the only thing that has to change in GotG for this to fit, is Groot must be sacrificed and burned to power Test Track.

Josh Hendy

As it replaces UoE, an oil based energy pavilion, the only way I found that GotG fits in is when I realized that Groot is wood, wood burns and produces heat, heat can make steam, steam can power turbines which make electricity, electricity can power electric cars like the ones at TT.

So, the only thing that has to change in GotG for this to fit, is Groot must be sacrificed and burned to power Test Track.
And he's renewable!

awoogala

I also bemoan the old, innovative EPCOT. sigh.
I don't like GOTG being in EPCOT, either.

A new, "big" ride? Well, that's good news, anyway.
One that might eat a lot of guests so I can get on soarin' faster? That would be nice.
(of course, new big ride can also just equal more people in the park)

I'm just worried about Spaceship Earth, the land, Figment.
I want a Figment overhaul- maybe GOTG will give them the people eater than can allow other things to get fixed/plussed.
We can dream, right? ;)

erasure fan1

the only way I found that GotG fits in is when I realized that Groot is wood, wood burns and produces heat, heat can make steam, steam can power turbines which make electricity
No, no, no. Starlord visited Epcot in the 80s, that's all you need to make it fit. Disney thought this through, I'm sure they put a whole 15min into how it will fit. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom