Is anyone actually excited about Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind or is it just me?

FerretAfros

As much as I miss the days of conspiracy theories following the Medium article, I’m willing to say we don’t have to worry about that. According to their bio, the poster is 15, and, honestly, that tracks given some of their speaking mannerisms, and somewhat simplified outlook on success (profit and enjoyment). Plus, from the few 15 y/o’s That I know, this is a common opinion.
That said, @RebelScum514 , this did not need it’s own thread. I’m sorry that the other Guardians thread felt so negative to the point that you felt a separate, positive one was needed, but there is ultimately already a Guardians thread. If you really want to spread your opinions about the ride, which you should do, that’s the purpose of this site, just do so in the preexisting thread.
S/he reached out to me via PM last night, and seems to be genuine. They took it in stride, and seem to be a good person who hopefully hasn't been scared away from our online community after just one day. While the original thread has been predominantly negative, it's always nice to have diversity of opinions

That said, I've been around Disney forums long enough to know that there certainly are and have been undercover Disney reps trying to steer and control the online discussion in ways that portrays the company in a better light. Long before Russian Twitter bots made mainstream headlines, Disney worked (and continues to work) to control the messaging surrounding their products, particularly the parks. It's been going on at least since the early days of the internet and DCA's wobbly start, and its quality and quantity have ebbed and flowed over the years, but has never quite fully died out.

As with all forms of media that we consume, it's always wise to be aware (to the extent possible on an anonymous-ish board) of who is speaking and what narrative they're trying to push. Sometimes it's just a person who is excited for a new ride; sometimes there are ulterior motives at play.

Disstevefan1

Is anyone actually excited for the GOTG coaster?

Well...

And I've been wrong before, but an out-of-the-blue thread from a brand new poster, extolling the virtues of a controversial-but-not-yet-complete project (particularly one that already has a long-running thread of its own) has all the trappings of a corporate account that's trying to influence public opinion. When the scandal revolving around @TP2000 broke last year, many members were surprised that sort of thing takes place, but this has all the elements of Disney's usual approach they've been using online for decades.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and @RebelScum514 is just an enthusiastic new member who is still getting used to the ropes here (in which case: welcome, I'm glad to have you! hope to see more from you!), but I've been around long enough to have seen this play out many times in the past.

In my opinion, Disney needs No help! When Guardians opens it will be mobbed like when any other new attraction opens! It is now normal for me to be excited about a new attraction in WDW but to know it will be a long time before the stars align and I can get that fastpass.

My days of standing in 4 hour standby lines are behind me so that will not be an option.

Heck, every time I walk by Space mountain, the standby is 80 minutes.

Everything is mobbed now that we have FastPass plus....

Epcot82Guy

@RebelScum514 Assuming you are in fact genuine, please don't take the comments here personally then. There is great concern that people use a profile like yours to try and influence in a fairly shady manner.

With that, based on your age, I'd love to hear your perspective a bit more on Epcot and its story. Obviously, the Epcot of recent years is a bit of a mess. I'm more curious if the overall story of the park is important. A lot of us remember the park as a very cohesive place. And, it's impossible for us to know how the park is viewed today by someone where that nostalgia is, quite literally, impossible. :)

If you had to explain Epcot in your own words today (once the new additions are in place), what would that story be? (And feel free to do the same for MK or Studios or DAK if helpful!)

Sundown

Or rather, was wrong, until the company gave up on the park and decided MK2.0 was a better bet.

@marni1971 Good morning Martin. I realize this would be a challenging task. But from viewing your videos you are certainly the creative type.

Given the changes coming for Epcot, would you be able to create a "theme" that could thread together the changes? Not, like "money" or "unimaginative", either. hah. But perhaps some type of connective thread theming or story for a good portion of the park?

Also wondering if any of the terrific Imagineers have thought of this, too. Trying to make something creative out of the forced changes to the park.

RebelScum514

Original Poster
@RebelScum514 With that, based on your age, I'd love to hear your perspective a bit more on Epcot and its story. Obviously, the Epcot of recent years is a bit of a mess. I'm more curious if the overall story of the park is important. A lot of us remember the park as a very cohesive place. And, it's impossible for us to know how the park is viewed today by someone where that nostalgia is, quite literally, impossible. :)

If you had to explain Epcot in your own words today (once the new additions are in place), what would that story be? (And feel free to do the same for MK or Studios or DAK if helpful!)

@Epcot82Guy

Before I begin with my thoughts on the park I do wanna point out I have nostalgia for things even though I’m young. (For example Disney Channel Original Movies from my time and a few of the Disney rides).

Epcot: I view my Epcot day as the most laid back day. I don’t have a ride that breaks the trip if I don’t ride them (still haven’t rode Soarin’ or Test Track due to party restrictions (I go with handicap and very young family normally)). Go around and looking at other countries doesn’t interest me because I’m content with my life and I don’t really care how other people live their as long as it does affect me. I feel like Epcot would be way better if they would dive into an almost Tomorrowland park were they show what mankind can do and what it will do in the future, but Epcot is still nice and I like to have a day were I can just set back and reflect on my trip while still experiencing things.

Hollywood Studios (My Favorite): Hollywood Studios is my favorite because it does what I think most Disney parks want to do. HS puts you into the movies especially now that Star Wars Land is out. Sure I can get on a roller coaster with lose ties to Toy Story and that fun, or I can have a once in a lifetime experience and feel what it feels like to be in a Galaxy Far Far Away. I also dream of being an actor so the character meet and greets of character who can talk intrigue me.

Magic Kingdom: At best Magic Kingdom is a Hollywood Studios where every ride is a movie you can be transported to (Pirates of the Caribbean) at worse it’s an above average amusement park with Disney’s IPs sprinkled in (Seven Dwarf Mine Train (a fun ride, but I can go to a way cheaper amusement park for a fun ride and safe 50 bucks). The character meets and great are 50/50, because I’d rather meet a character who can talk then one who hugs me and give me a high five.

Animal Kingdom: I feel like Disney doesn’t know what they want Animal Kingdom to be. They have some animal so maybe it’s a very expensive zoo, they have lands based off continents but around the world is Epcot’s thing, they have a Dino land that never gets upgraded, and they have a random movie land because it would look weird to have an all natural movie land beside Star Wars Land and having it at AK gives it a more seamless transition. I like the shows at AK I just don’t really see the point in it because those show could just as easily been at Hollywood Studios (I normally mix up which shows are where) and then I’m only going there to see Animal and go on four rides and when you compare that to other lands it’s just not as eye popping.

Disclaimer I love all the land they are all above average parks and I love/enjoy them all. If anything here seems negative it’s only because of the perspective of putting my favorite to my least (least isn’t still better then most other parks). I also haven’t been to Disney World in two years (going this years) so my memory my be a bit foggy.

Last edited:

po1998

Regardless of what becomes of Future World, I don't see how adding a few IP's turns Epcot into MK2.0? The World Showcase is nothing like MK has now or ever will have, and who knows how the FW redo will look like in 10 years.

Still being angry about the demise of Horizons, WoM, Living Seas 1.0, JII 1.0 and Communicore serves no purpose. The grieving period is over.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

@Epcot82Guy

Before I begin with my thoughts on the park I do wanna point out I have nostalgia for things even though I’m young. (For example Disney Channel Original Movies from my time and a few of the Disney rides).

Epcot: I view my Epcot day as the most laid back day. I don’t have a ride that breaks the trip if I don’t ride them (still haven’t rode Soarin’ or Test Track due to party restrictions (I go with handicap and very young family normally)). Go around and looking at other countries doesn’t interest me because I’m content with my life and I don’t really care how other people live their as long as it does affect me. I feel like Epcot would be way better if they would dive into an almost Tomorrowland park were they show what mankind can do and what it will do in the future, but Epcot is still nice and I like to have a day were I can just set back and reflect on my trip while still experiencing things.

Hollywood Studios (My Favorite): Hollywood Studios is my favorite because it does what I think most Disney parks want to do. HS puts you into the movies especially now that Star Wars Land is out. Sure I can get on a roller coaster with lose ties to Toy Story and that fun, or I can have a once in a lifetime experience and feel what it feels like to be in a Galaxy Far Far Away. I also dream of being an actor so the character meet and greets of character who can talk intrigue me.

Magic Kingdom: At best Magic Kingdom is a Hollywood Studios where every ride is a movie you can be transported to (Pirates of the Caribbean) at worse it’s an above average amusement park with Disney’s IPs sprinkled in (Seven Dwarf Mine Train (a fun ride, but I can go to a way cheaper amusement park for a fun ride and safe 50 bucks). The character meets and great are 50/50, because I’d rather meet a character who can talk then one who hugs me and give me a high five.

Animal Kingdom: I feel like Disney doesn’t know what they want Animal Kingdom to be. They have some animal so maybe it’s a very expensive zoo, they have lands based off continents but around the world is Epcot’s thing, they have a Dino land that never gets upgraded, and they have a random movie land because it would look weird to have an all natural movie land beside Star Wars Land and having it at AK gives it a more seamless transition. I like the shows at AK I just don’t really see the point in it because those show could just as easily been at Hollywood Studios (I normally mix up which shows are where) and then I’m only going there to see Animal and go on four rides and when you compare that to other lands it’s just not as eye popping.

Disclaimer I love all the land they are all above average parks and I love/enjoy them all. If anything here seems negative it’s only because of the perspective of putting my favorite to my least (least isn’t still better then most other parks). I also haven’t been to Disney World in two years (going this years) so my memory my be a bit foggy.
And there it is... Themed entertainment seen as nothing more than a means of copying movies and not as its own, amazing storytelling medium... 😔

Josh Hendy

Still being angry about the demise of Horizons, WoM, Living Seas 1.0, JII 1.0 and Communicore serves no purpose. The grieving period is over.

Lol we're customers. Extremely loyal and fanatical ones. We're entitled to complain. And they should listen too.

This park will never be complete and it's never too late to turn it around. SeaWorld has been changing due to complaints, for example.

Horizons1

Regardless of what becomes of Future World, I don't see how adding a few IP's turns Epcot into MK2.0? The World Showcase is nothing like MK has now or ever will have, and who knows how the FW redo will look like in 10 years.

Says you. It says something when attractions that closed 20 years ago are regarded as being better and the standard to live up to as opposed to what we get today.

celluloid

Says you. It says something when attractions that closed 20 years ago are regarded as being better and the standard to live up to as opposed to what we get today.

For sure. There is something when they are pandering to fans of those, such as putting Horizons on current billboards and having night time firework shows to the music of attractions that do not even exist anymore but people remember. It seems funny to say the "grieving period" is over when Disney knows they know they can, and still do make money on it.

eliza61nyc

Run op run. Lol this is not a place to even whisper you like something in Epcot. The old guard will go down to the death whining that it's not 1989.
Yep I'm looking forward to GOTG. Universe of Energy was boring and dull, most folks used it as a 40 minute nap. a crappy attraction is still crappy whether it fits a theme or not. Way pass the time it should have died. Yes they "coulda updated it, yes shoulda done something different but they didn't and yes I admit it is unfortunate that they didn't do something in keeping with the long lost theme of Epcot but I'm definitely glad it's being updated

Epcot was a dull hot mess for a while.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom