Is Anybody Else Annoyed With Hyperspace Mountain's Stay?

Phroobar

Quick question: Is Hyperspace Mountain still "popular", if the parks aren't?
giphy.gif

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just had a thought. It's currently November 15th, and we still don't have an announcement as to when Space Mountain is returning. Seeing that The Rise of Skywalker is set to be released on December 15th, we can probably assume Hyperspace is going to stay throughout December.

So, it's now January. RotR is opening and we're 4 months away from May the 5th. Does it make sense (to the exec$) to have Space Mountain return within that time, then go away again for Hyperspace during the month of May? Most likely not. It pains me to predict that we're going to have Hyperspace throughout 2020 until at least May.

I still hold the thought that Space Mountain is the temporary attraction, not Hyperspace. "but hurry, Hyperspace Mountain is only open for a limited time!" Yeahhh I call shenanigans.

mickEblu

Just had a thought. It's currently November 15th, and we still don't have an announcement as to when Space Mountain is returning. Seeing that The Rise of Skywalker is set to be released on December 15th, we can probably assume Hyperspace is going to stay throughout December.

So, it's now January. RotR is opening and we're 4 months away from May the 5th. Does it make sense (to the exec$) to have Space Mountain return within that time, then go away again for Hyperspace during the month of May? Most likely not. It pains me to predict that we're going to have Hyperspace throughout 2020 until at least May.

I still hold the thought that Space Mountain is the temporary attraction, not Hyperspace. "but hurry, Hyperspace Mountain is only open for a limited time!" Yeahhh I call shenanigans.

I find HMH for 4 months much more annoying. Hyperspace Mountain is lightyears closer to the original intent of the attraction.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I find HMH for 4 months much more annoying. Hyperspace Mountain is lightyears closer to the original intent of the attraction.

Apples and oranges. Hyperspace isn't a seasonal overlay, it's like a semi-permanent, low-key replacement for a true Space Mountain.

mickEblu

Apples and oranges. Hyperspace isn't a seasonal overlay, it's like a semi-permanent, low-key replacement for a true Space Mountain.

Thats my point. I’d rather have something that is much more harmonious with the original attraction than a 4 month overlay (which isn’t exactly brief) that completely alters the attraction experience. Even if it’s longer.

I wish they would just install HMH when they install IASW Holiday. After all, even the events in the film take place between Halloween and Christmas. Aside from the experience/ aesthetics lending itself much better to the Christmas season.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thats my point. I’d rather have something that is much more harmonious with the original attraction than a 4 month overlay (which isn’t exactly brief) than an overlay that completely alters the attraction experience. Even if it’s longer.

I wish they would just install HMH when they install IASW Holiday.

Personally, I wouldn't call it harmonious with the original.. maybe lazy with a few added projections and a different soundtrack? Yet another unnecessary way for Chappy to sell us on Star Wars?

I know it's not your intention, but let's not turn this into a HM vs HMH thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom