iPad Mini

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Who is going to Preorder this thing Friday? This event has completely made up for the flop of one two(?) months ago with iPad4, iMac, MBP, and Mini iPad. I am preordering this thing as soon as it opens Friday.

NYwdwfan

Who is going to Preorder this thing Friday? This event has completely made up for the flop of one two(?) months ago with iPad4, iMac, MBP, and Mini iPad. I am preordering this thing as soon as it opens Friday.

Can you let us know what you think? I'm thinking of getting one for my hubby for Christmas. He's going to go blind in he keeps reading articles on his iPhone.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can you let us know what you think? I'm thinking of getting one for my hubby for Christmas. He's going to go blind in he keeps reading articles on his iPhone.

iPad2 in a smaller product that IMO is easier to use around town or around the house than a full size model. I hate the size of my iPad2 so this is a very welcome product I will be preordering Friday as soon as they begin accepting them. All iPad apps will be usable on the Mini since it has the same resolution. Android just scales their's up for tablet vs being created JUST FOR it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
iPad2 in a smaller product that IMO is easier to use around town or around the house than a full size model. I hate the size of my iPad2 so this is a very welcome product I will be preordering Friday as soon as they begin accepting them. All iPad apps will be usable on the Mini since it has the same resolution. Android just scales their's up for tablet vs being created JUST FOR it.

I still have the first iPad, so the mini will be a definite consideration for me. Although, where I use it the most regular wifi is not available, so I'll probably end up looking into the wifi+4G model that comes out on the 16th.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
I still have the first iPad, so the mini will be a definite consideration for me. Although, where I use it the most regular wifi is not available, so I'll probably end up looking into the wifi+4G model that comes out on the 16th.

The sides of it are awesome. I want to carry one around with me but my 2 is too big to lock into the glove box and would require leaving out. The deminsions of the mini looks like it will fit with no issue.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For what is offered and how the iPad specific apps roll right over to mini it is excellent. Definitely made my mind up for it vs going elsewhere for a mini tab.
I still have yet to get a tablet and I do not know if I ever will. Sure I would love to have one, but I do not in any manner shape or form need one.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The sides of it are awesome. I want to carry one around with me but my 2 is too big to lock into the glove box and would require leaving out. The deminsions of the mini looks like it will fit with no issue.

I love my iPad, but with the Otter Box I have on it carrying it around to practices and the like does get irksome with the extra weight. I'll have to take a look at them in the Apple store, but the mini may be a nice solution for all of that....

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
I can't be the only one who looks at the iPad Mini and thinks "isn't that what the iPhone was?" right?

I still have yet to get a tablet and I do not know if I ever will. Sure I would love to have one, but I do not in any manner shape or form need one.

Textbooks for cheapz with a tablet. So much better than carry four different books to a single class. Biggest use I have for one.

I love my iPad, but with the Otter Box I have on it carrying it around to practices and the like does get irksome with the extra weight. I'll have to take a look at them in the Apple store, but the mini may be a nice solution for all of that....

LMK what you think when you go. I am going to order it on faith and see it when it gets here.

ExtinctJenn

You are not. To me the tablets fit right into a niche that I really have no use for. To small to replace a laptop, to big to replace a phone.
I have an iPad 2 and I love it. I also have an iPhone. I also have a laptop which honestly gets used way less since I received the iPad (as a gift - we're way too broke for that lol). But I can't help but look at the iPad Mini and think that's essentially what the iPhone/iPod Touch was. Yes I know it's slightly bigger but the second I read "iPad Mini" on the news it's what I thought. :)

sweetpee_1993

There's a breakdown on the different models here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/ipad-mini/

Thanks, y'all! I was thinking about getting the hubby an iPad for Christmas just for him to have for casual use at home. I'm curious about the differences... I'll check out the links. Thanks!

wiigirl

I am! :)
75.gif

sweetpee_1993

Textbooks for cheapz with a tablet. So much better than carry four different books to a single class. Biggest use I have for one.

LMK what you think when you go. I am going to order it on faith and see it when it gets here.

Very good point. I think to replace textbooks would be a huge perk. I remember I used to pay almost as much for texts as I did tuition. And, you're right, they were really heavy to carry around. I drove a Fiero at the time so literally 4 texts could be almost my entire trunk full. LOL!

Hubby would like an iPad for use while flying. There's some app he's subscribed to that has all the charts and stuff he needs with real-time weather, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom