iPad Hijacking Issue

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm running Safari on an iPad 2 Air and I'm getting hijacked while on the forums. It's not happening anywhere else. I've reset my browser history and deleted cookies, but I'm still getting whisked away. It will either take me to the App store to buy a game, or to other websites such as control.kochava.com, Games.de.GmbH, or 3rdwayclick. Any suggestions?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm running Safari on an iPad 2 Air and I'm getting hijacked while on the forums. It's not happening anywhere else. I've reset my browser history and deleted cookies, but I'm still getting whisked away. It will either take me to the App store to buy a game, or to other websites such as control.kochava.com, Games.de.GmbH, or 3rdwayclick. Any suggestions?
Yep its an issue with an ad, and I'm having trouble isolating it. Our ads are provided by third parties, such as Google, and they filter the ads to ensure that these types of things don't happen. Recently though, it has been happening.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep its an issue with an ad, and I'm having trouble isolating it. Our ads are provided by third parties, such as Google, and they filter the ads to ensure that these types of things don't happen. Recently though, it has been happening.
Would it help if I tried to see which ads were loading on the page when it happens?

stevehousse

Off topic, but frustrating: Anyone browsing on IOS having an issue with being randomly set to the App Store for game apps while reading this forum?

R u on the app or safari browser? My app has never worked properly since I got the iPhone 6. Steve knows of the issues with the app and they are in the middle of updating it, but don't know when it'll b done!

NYwdwfan

Off topic, but frustrating: Anyone browsing on IOS having an issue with being randomly set to the App Store for game apps while reading this forum?

Sometimes I will see the place I want to click (forums) before the homepage completely loads and in the split second it takes to tap the phone screen the page finishes loading and an ad appears that I click on by accident (which it brings me to app store). In my case it's impatient user error, not a site malfunction.

Figments Friend

I've experienced something strange tonight while visiting.
Three times I have been viewing the Forum and suddenly I am sent to the website for Uber.
Happened three separate times tonight ...and I'm using a iPad.
Never had this happen before..not sure if it's something I'm doing unknowingly, or it relates to the ad problems I see noted here in this thread.

Though I would mention it...if anyone else is having similar odd happenings.

-

French Quarter

When I log on from Safari on my iPad, I get a warning saying that some website is trying to hack into my system. Something called cpgear.com or something like that. I always tell it to ignore and it's not been a problem but I thought I would let you know. This does not happen when I visit any other website. And it does not happen when I log on using my laptop.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As a note, this does NOT happen to me, but I think that's because of the Premium membership?

However, it happens all the time on other websites (yes, I'm looking at you allrecipes.com!). Not sure how much control @wdwmagic really has over it, as they come from the ad providers, I suspect. Nothing malicious about it though, just annoying.

lazyboy97o

I too have been getting automatically redirected tonight while usin my iPad mini running iOS 9.1. Trying to open a link in a new background tab seems to be the main trigger.

French Quarter

As a note, this does NOT happen to me, but I think that's because of the Premium membership?

However, it happens all the time on other websites (yes, I'm looking at you allrecipes.com!). Not sure how much control @wdwmagic really has over it, as they come from the ad providers, I suspect. Nothing malicious about it though, just annoying.

I see what you are saying but I don't think it's necessarily harmless. The iPad does a very good job of detecting malware but not all other systems are the same. So, while I was notified about it and able to avoid it, there are others that may not understand what it's about and install the junk inadvertently onto their systems. Not a huge deal probably but still something worth looking into and I'm glad that @wdwmagic is.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I see what you are saying but I don't think it's necessarily harmless. The iPad does a very good job of detecting malware but not all other systems are the same. So, while I was notified about it and able to avoid it, there are others that may not understand what it's about and install the junk inadvertently onto their systems. Not a huge deal probably but still something worth looking into and I'm glad that @wdwmagic is.
I agree. Note, I didn't say harmless, I said not malicious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom