IOA v Busch gardens

neilybealy

Original Poster
Hi all

On my last visit (1990) IOA didn't exist and we went down to Busch gardens and loved every minute of it. But I've heard people say that it's not really worth the hours drive now that IOA has opened.

What are your views??

Ta

Neil

markymark

I would agree with that.

IOA, in my opinion is a much better park, with better rides, OK so it doesn't have the animal aspect to it, but when you can go to Animal Kingdom, who needs it.

One other thing is the staff. Last time we went to BG I found the staff to be even worse than the staff at IOA and USF, so much so, that it spoilt our day and we left early.

neilybealy

Original Poster
It was so long ago that I went that I can't remember what the staff were like at BG.

At WDW, however, they were fantastic - always so happy etc - it was marvellous.

markymark

Originally posted by neilybealy
It was so long ago that I went that I can't remember what the staff were like at BG.

At WDW, however, they were fantastic - always so happy etc - it was marvellous.

Yeah i think that's what made BG feel so bad. I am probably being over critical!!

Like I said though, I'd save time and do IOA instead.

woofboy111

I just had Busch Gardens Fun card (a cheap Annual pass for half a year) before I had a pass to Universal and IoA, and I have to say that Busch Gardens is the worst theme park in Central Florida. Some of the coasters are good, but besides from Rhino Rally (if it's open) and the coasters, they have mostly carnival rides. The park also is a lot bigger than IoA, but every thing is spaced out so much that theres not that much to do, and you could see everything in a half a day, but the lines might stop that. Most of the time, Busch gardens has unbelieveable long lines compared to Orlando area parks. Like other people said too, the employees are the worst. I guess they don't need to compete with other parks close by, since there aren't any so they let their employees act any way they want. It was rare that I would get more than a one syllable word out of a BG employee! The foods also bad. They have the same stuff all over the park, so you get bored with it.

I would defitly go to IoA. The rides are a lot better, the people are nicer (but not as nice at disney), and they have a version of Fastpass to keep the lines down.

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree with woofboy & markymark. Save yourself the hour (or more) drive and go to IOA if "thrill" rides are important. My husband & daughter like it better...not pretty or as well themed as WDW, but more exciting rides all clumped together. (I know, Disney has more, but they're spread out into different parks)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by marciahahn
I agree with woofboy & markymark. Save yourself the hour (or more) drive and go to IOA if "thrill" rides are important. My husband & daughter like it better...not pretty or as well themed as WDW, but more exciting rides all clumped together. (I know, Disney has more, but they're spread out into different parks)

gotta agree with mom here. save the time and money and go to IOA u will thank us. :)

woofboy111

Well, if you're closer to BG already, it wouldn't hurt to go there if you had an extra day on your vacation. If not, I'd go to IoA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom