IOA question....

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We are going to take a day from our Disney trip and hit IOA...the question is

In early December which day of the week is the best to go to IOA?

and

Should we hit WWHP first thing or wait till later when everyone has been there and possibly heading out?

71jason

Weekday better than a weekend day, but I haven't seen detailed breakdowns for days at Universal like you see at WDW. It's early December, so any weekday should be fine.

I would do WWoHP first to avoid the crowds as best as possible, but be sure to swing by again after dark, if park hours allow.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We did both. We hit Harry Potter first thing and did the Forbidden Journey. Then we hit the rest of the park while Harry Potter was filling up. Then we went back later int he day when it had calmed down some to check out the shops and other rides. Forbidden Journey had about an hour wait but the village had calmed down.

Ariel484

Not sure about the best day, but I will say that Forbidden Journey is one of the only rides I've been on where I was actually disappointed at how quickly we moved through the queue. We got to the park before opening and headed straight for the castle, so we got on the ride itself quickly. I would have really liked to have lingered a bit more and soaked it all in. :)

BryceM

If you do WWoHP, I'd suggest either make it your first thing and last thing. Reason being, the crowds are lighter once the park opens and near the park closing. Forbidden Journey's line goes by FAST, due to the ride never actually stopping. Dragon Challenge usually always has a short queue. Hippogriff and Ollivander's are different stories, but I'd suggest skipping the latter.

The other most popular rides in the park that are must sees:

1. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
2. The Incredible Hulk Coaster
3. Jurassic Park River Adventure
4. Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (crowds vary with weather)
5. The Cat in the Hat
6. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (crowds vary with weather)

These are attractions that aren't necessarily "must sees", but I do suggest them:

1. One Fish, Two Fish
2. High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride (great views!)
3. Camp Jurassic
4. Doctor Doom's Fear Fall
5. Poseidon's Fury
6. CaroSeussEl (if you're with kids)
7. Jurassic Park Discovery Center

I hope you have fun at Islands of Adventure! It's such an amazing park. I know you'll love the park and all of it's spectacular themed lands. Even if you aren't a fan of the more thrilling rides or can't take motion very well, you will still find plenty to do and see. Port of Entry, The Lost Continent, Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing, Toon Lagoon, WWoHP and Marvel Super Hero Island are all just amazing!

OFTeric

what I would recommend is that you look on Universal Orlando's website and you go the day that the Universal Express pass is the cheapest. That is a clear indication of how busy the park forecasted to be.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
@BryceM Great info.. I will definatly make sure we do your must do's

what I would recommend is that you look on Universal Orlando's website and you go the day that the Universal Express pass is the cheapest. That is a clear indication of how busy the park forecasted to be.

Never thought of that....Thanks!

luv

Like everyone said, ride Forbidden Journey first thing in the morning or right before closing...if you wish to avoid the lines. The first time I rode it, I immediately rode again. It was that good. :)
2. High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride (great views!).
I totally understand why you grouped things the way you did, but I love this ride and just wish it were longer!

IMO, it's one of the best rides. I know it isn't a big, popular whup and belongs on the B list, but I give it an A. :)

jmb2676

We rode Forbidden Journey first thing in the morning and then hit the rest of the park before coming back to the Potter area. It seemed to calm down a bit around dinner time and we got 2 more rides in before leaving, one in regular line and one single rider.

JillC LI

We were there on Thursday, December 13, 2012 and the park was relatively empty. Hit the WWOHP first. If you're interested in Ollivander's Wand Shop show, do that first because the line moves slower than Forbidden Journey's queue. Then head to FJ.

BryceM

Like everyone said, ride Forbidden Journey first thing in the morning or right before closing...if you wish to avoid the lines. The first time I rode it, I immediately rode again. It was that good. :) I totally understand why you grouped things the way you did, but I love this ride and just wish it were longer!

IMO, it's one of the best rides. I know it isn't a big, popular whup and belongs on the B list, but I give it an A. :)
I like it too! It's just a shame that we didn't get the Sylvester Monkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines (correct me if I messed up the name!). I think if we didn't know about that concept, then more people would like the Seuss Trolley.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom