Introducing "The Land Formerly Known as Tomorrowland"

BwanaBob

Original Poster
With all due respect to Prince.... :D

...this here be the thread to officially re-name the land!

It's just a matter of time. Might as well give Disney some suggestions before they do it themselves! Or better yet, throw some suggestions up now so that they don't think about renaming it! (we all know the reality is Disney doesn't take suggestions when it comes to ideas)
So lets start thinking of the new name that will one day grace the park map, or when you look at the tip board...
You know...

and let's come up with something more original than
the whole EPCOT/Epcot thing.

Here's my submission:
tafkap.jpg

...wait a minute.... this one is probably copyrighted.

Nevermind.

(actually, this fits rather well if you know the whole story about the symbol and the singer...etc...etc)

BwanaBob

Original Poster
Why in the world would they rename it? :lookaroun :rolleyes:

Because, silly rabbit!...

At the rate they're progressing, there will be nothing 'Tomorrow-land-ish' about it after a few more rehabs and attractions.
This IS the tone of most of the threads on the boards as of late, is it not?

:D

wbt06

what about tomarrowland. yep i think thats a keeper. they will not change it. it would shatter what disney is. plus that is what walt wanted it and that is what it will stay. even EPCOT stayed epcot. it was just the fact that no one really knew it stood for something. so they changed it.

Damien666

what about tomarrowland. yep i think thats a keeper. they will not change it. it would shatter what disney is.

Well wbt06, Disney has already shattered what Tomorrowland is!

Thanks to attractions like SGE the quality has gone down, and thanks to MILF the whole Outer Space theme has been warped.

I have to agree "Vaguely Spacey Corner" works well.

Champion

Well wbt06, Disney has already shattered what Tomorrowland is!

Thanks to attractions like SGE the quality has gone down, and thanks to MILF the whole Outer Space theme has been warped.

I have to agree "Vaguely Spacey Corner" works well.

If You Had Wings/Dreamflight was themed to tomorrow? Or themed to 'outer space' (I didn't know people still used that term!)? No, it wasn't.

Timekeeper was themed to tomorrow? Or themed to 'outer space'? No, it wasn't either.

What about WEDWay Peoplemover/TTA. Same thing.

Indy Speedway? No, its not either.

CoP? Not even close.

Lets look at the facts.

Alien Encounter was exchanged for Stitch. Ridership is higher on SGE, and they both have "aliens". No theme change.

IYHW was changed for Buzz. Buzz is futuristic, but based on a movie. However, it does fit what the whiners believe the theme of Tomorrowland is. (Hint: its not space, or the future. Heck, I bet 90% of the whiners don't even know what the real theme of Tomorrowland is.)

Timekeeper was barely used, and doesn't fit either 'space' or 'future'. Neither does MILF, so its even here again.

So basically, Tomorrowland is a little more themed to 'space' and 'future' then it was 10 years ago.

Guess you'll all have to find something else to whine about.

imagineer boy

This arguement has been brought up several times before and it doesn't work.

If You Had Wings/Dreamflight was themed to tomorrow? Or themed to 'outer space' (I didn't know people still used that term!)? No, it wasn't.

It was built before the TL rehab. Now its Buzz. ( keep in mind, the old TL was themed to pure futuristic speculation rather than the science fiction outlook that the 94' rehab suggests )

Timekeeper was themed to tomorrow? Or themed to 'outer space'? No, it wasn't either.

Its set in the future, it has robots, it has time travel. Very sci-fi, so it fit perfectly.

Futuristic transportation that gives the feeling of a world on the go.

No, but it could easily be done to be an Autopia/ Highway of the Future like Disneyland Paris.'

CoP? Not even close.

The ride is made from a branch of the tomrrowland metro-retro historical society. So it has a backstory to why it fits in tomorrowland.

Lets look at the facts.

Alien Encounter was exchanged for Stitch. Ridership is higher on SGE, and they both have "aliens". No theme change.

Lets look at the facts:

Ridership is higher on SGE? Not buying it. Besides, the ride is supposed to take place before the Lilo and Stitch movie which isn't set in the future.

IYHW was changed for Buzz. Buzz is futuristic, but based on a movie. However, it does fit what the whiners believe the theme of Tomorrowland is. (Hint: its not space, or the future.)

No one complains about Buzz. Just SGE and MILF. So why bring this up. And yes, it does fit the land.

Timekeeper was barely used, and doesn't fit either 'space' or 'future'. Neither does MILF, so its even here again.

Timekeeper was barely used because of bad management. And it fits the sci-fi theme of the land. So your point really has no basis.

So basically, Tomorrowland is a little more themed to 'space' and 'future' then it was 10 years ago.

Not buying your point.

Nope, I don't think we will.:wave:

So, back on topic. Howabout "Marketable characters land."

CoP? Not even close.

Lets look at the facts.

IYHW was changed for Buzz. Buzz is futuristic, but based on a movie. However, it does fit what the whiners believe the theme of Tomorrowland is. (Hint: its not space, or the future. Heck, I bet 90% of the whiners don't even know what the real theme of Tomorrowland is.)

THANK YOU!!!!! This is what I have been saying ALL along! Tomorrowland was CRAP when WDW first opened its gates. It was pale, sterile, boring and extremely uninteresting (esp. the years prior to Space Mountain). The hodgepodge group of attractions it has had over the years have hardly been very "tomorrow".....Indy Speedway is CERTAINLY not very "tomorrow", and neither was the VERY EPCOT type attraction "If You Had Wings/Dreamflight". TL has never found its true theme in my opinion, and I personally feel that the land is more vibrant, colorful and alive today than ever before. ANYTHING is better than the white-droid space it first came into the world as.

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Stitch Island

I despise current Tommorrowland ...what was once my favorite area of MK has become my most loathed...

I wouldn't go that far....We have stitch which is awful yes....but Buzz goes with the "theme" in a way....i mean it still feels like Tommorowland when I'm in there, it's still my favourite area.....But whatever, this is a really stupid thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom