Interviewing for job at DRC!!! Looking for stories from employees

DizJerm

Original Poster
I know Disney takes a lot of knocks from people as an employer but I am SUPER excited about my upcoming interview for a job at the Disney Reservation Center. I am looking for any current stories from people who are CURRENTLY working at the DRC. Not a story from your brother's neighbor's nephew's friend who worked there and said it was stressful. lol. I'm sure it is stressful (after all it is a job). I have wanted to work for Disney my entire adult life and hopefully that dream will become a reality soon!!! Now let's here some stories about life at the DRC!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Congrats on your new position. If I might make a recommendation. I would go into this position without any preconceived notions or opinions based off of others stories. There is a tendency for people to complain vs praise, so you may get an incorrect perception and that could skew how you perceive your new job. Just a bit of info for what it is worth.

DizJerm

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip. To be honest I wouldn't feel any less excited no matter what the story was but I see your point. I just like seeing what people think of working there!! Plus I haven't gotten the job yet but thank you for your congrats. Hopefully it will still be applicable just at a later date. :)

wahiawa

OP, can you pls tell me if you are already located in the orlando area ? i also applied to the DRC ( i have previous reservation experience with a cruiseline ), but they not scheduled an interview .. i believe it might be becuz i am living in the pacific NW ( reservation / call center jobs are so so difficult find right now .. hard not to be discouraged ) .. i thought i would fly there to i-view and then relocate if offered a job ..

can you tell me where you are located ? thx you dizjerm

DizJerm

Original Poster
I live in the Orlando area. I have tried to apply when living outside the Orlando area and had a hard time as well. Good luck!!

tdisney

Totally disappointed I had what I thought was a in person interview. Got there was put at a computer and had to do a series of timed tests on computer. First not used to the computers I'm used to my lap top. First part went OK just had to listen and then fill out what the person was saying an type into the computer. I went as quick as the computer was going. Then the next several series of who knows what had nothing to do with I would be doing as a reservations person. Multiple choice questions that just were not making sense to me. Then watched a video and waiting until it was my turn. All the lady said was I didn't do good on the test .....but I can reapply in six months. I never even got to speak to anyone. Never an interview.

Vii

Oh wow, I'm sorry it didn't work out :( Can you apply for other positions within the six month time frame or is it just that particular position that you can't apply for?

If DRC is anything like casting, and by the six months thing, I see they are. I have applied at Disney at casting, and they told me that you cannot apply for just that position for six months. You may apply to other positions. Hope this helps. Good luck!

tdisney

Just to keep everyone posted. I did call HR and they did tell me that the Dec position you can apply for right away. In the meantime. Also while I was on the phone with HR. I explained my situation. I went yesterday to take the computer test and past it.!!!! Had an interview I think it went very good. Hopefully I hear back from them

Vii

Yay, that's great to hear! Good luck tdisney!! The interviews aren't as intimating as I thought they would be, haha. Maybe it's because they're all super nice folks =]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom