Internet Access????

MzDisney

:confused: Does anyone know where the internet can be accessed from either within Disney World, or even in the general area outside the property?

Thanks!

MzDisney

Original Poster
Is there another place that doesn't require an admission? One of the guests in our party will need to access it on a daily basis.
Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I don't really believe there is anywhere else besides DisneyQuest and those are very busy and admission is required.

Where are you staying? Will you have a car? There is a kinko's (or something similar) about a mile from Hotel Plaza Blvd. that did have internet access.

Upvote 0

orlpassholder

I did it once at Epcot on the IBM demo's they have out there. The firewall caught me BUT I was able to get to some news site etc, I also attracted the attention of several CM's who where watching me. The next time I went to Disney and went there my little work around didnt work anymore hmmmm I shouldnt have shown them how I did it :)

FYI I didnt hack or use any speacial programs etc just brain power, and trying this and that

Upvote 0
You can use the business centers at the resorts which have convention centers (ie: contemporary/Grand Flo/Coronado Springs) it has a cost I believe of around 15 dollars an hour.

Upvote 0

RyanS

at the espn club at the boardwalk,there is minimal access to the internet. there's no keyboard though, but i did manage to get off of their home site onto go.com

Upvote 0

s25843

Hey,
I have stayed at the Contemp 4 times so far and I awalys use the Pay Phones with the Data Port on the 3rd floor of the hotel. You just have to set it up with a calling card and your good to go!

Upvote 0

MzDisney

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info! At least I know that I have several options. I'm trying my best to avoid having to drag my laptop on vacation with me..........we have enough bags as it is!

4 days and counting!

Have a Disney Day and thanks again to all! :animwink:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I was reading in my new info on DVC that those rooms have data ports for lap tops and access to internet services. It is free to DVC but can be used by others for a price. (If I understand my booklet right. ) Maybe someone who is DVC member and used there memeber ship already and answer this more. :)

Upvote 0

Chris

I have always connected my laptop to the standard phone line at the ASR's. It is slow and they charge you .75 per call. Such a pain. My wife tells me that I should not work while at WDW but I sometimes you just have to.

Upvote 0

MikeScott8

DisneyPHd,

Sorry you are reading that wrong. (unless they have done something new for Beach Club Villa opening later this year). Back in Jan at OKW (and what I knwo of other DVC resorts) the phone just has a port on it to plug in your laptop, you still need to dial out and connect, but as DVC members the phone call is free. The call is just like any normal call out of a DVC resort (free for DVC using points, and $.75 a call for cash ressies).

Mike

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom