International Gateway, Rope drop Frozen?

WDW_Jon

Can anyone give an idea of the time it takes to rope drop frozen in Epcot from the International gateway entrance compared to the main entrance rope droppers?

Is it doable if you are at the IG say 15-20 mins before opening?

Just seeing if I’m wasting my time attempting but was hoping to not use a FP for it...

slappy magoo

Per Google Maps it's about .5 miles. So I guess the question is how fast can you speed-walk a .5 mile?

You can also try to make a reservation for Garden Grill or Akershus before park opening, eat quickly and then be that much closer...

Upvote 0

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
I
Per Google Maps it's about .5 miles. So I guess the question is how fast can you speed-walk a .5 mile?

You can also try to make a reservation for Garden Grill or Akershus before park opening, eat quickly and then be that much closer...
i can cope with a quick half miler it’s hist if you get a fair shot compared to the main entrance...

Don’t really want to rush a breakfast for it either so we will see. Can’t justify using a potential test track or soarin FP for it! :)

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

You're going to be behind a pretty sizable crowd if you don't arrive til 15 min before RD. I'd get there at least 30 min early (or more if it's a really busy time).

Upvote 0

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
@WDW_Jon for what it’s worth....when we used our Frozen FP at 11:45 am yesterday the standby wait was only 25 minutes.
Great thanks, not really taken much notice of the current wait times to be honest as we don’t arrive til October but last visit Oct 2015 it wasn’t open so unsure what the crowds are like at rope drop... thanks :)

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

We actually found that rope dropping from the IG I saw quicker to Frozen than via the main enterence. We arrived at Frozen before a single person arrived at the Norway pavilion. And we didn't even run!

Upvote 0

aandmmagiccarpetride

We actually found that rope dropping from the IG I saw quicker to Frozen than via the main enterence. We arrived at Frozen before a single person arrived at the Norway pavilion. And we didn't even run!
Out of curiosity, did you walk the back way through World Showcase to get to Norway or around the front side? I feel like the back way might be a bit longer but less people to dodge :D

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Out of curiosity, did you walk the back way through World Showcase to get to Norway or around the front side? I feel like the back way might be a bit longer but less people to dodge :D
Entering the IG at opening only allows you to go as far as France to the right and Norway to the left. All the other countries in between France and Norway are roped off until 11 am.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

I walked around the front side of WS (the side closest to SSE). It helped the the rope drop was just across the bridge that connects UK and France so I feel like we got a nice head start ahead of those entering through the main park enterance.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I've read that the IG rope drop is irregular, as in some days they rope drop earlier than the main gate, but some times they rope drop later. If they rope drop later, then it might not be an advantage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom