International Air Transport Association developing digital health pass to reopen international air travel without quarantine

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

White House considering lifting European travel restrictions, CNN source says​

The situation on the ground is no one really cares what’s being “said” at this point.

But to this one thing: who’s really stopping the international travel to the US? Washington or host country restrictions?

dreamscometrue

Wonderful. I live in Atlantic Canada on the east coast, and although I could fly to Orlando now (Canada US border closed for driving), upon return to my province, I'd have to self isolate for 14 days. That's obviously impractical, but I am optimistic that things will be much better in a year. We cancelled our Jan. 2021 vacation and plan to rebook for Dec. 2021, so fingers crossed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The situation on the ground is no one really cares what’s being “said” at this point.

But to this one thing: who’s really stopping the international travel to the US? Washington or host country restrictions?
Mainly Washington. Up to two weeks ago I could’ve come over if I’d be happy to isolate on my return (like we did after Paris)

Although to be honest your numbers (particularly today’s news) don’t inspire confidence in visiting at the moment:

What a mess that link turned out to be!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mainly Washington. Up to two weeks ago I could’ve come over if I’d be happy to isolate on my return (like we did after Paris)

Although to be honest your numbers (particularly today’s news) don’t inspire confidence in visiting at the moment:

What a mess that link turned out to be!

In reality, the quarantines are what’s limiting domestic travel...so I imagine the same will be for Europe.

Sure...you can come (with your go pro as you climb the Mexican pyramid in Epcot 👍🏻 )...but most wont.

Disney is about numbers...and your home restrictions will still limit that.

Same thing here...and even Disney knows it. This played in the prime commercial slots this last week:

Now it’s a pretty good angle...I like it. But when they concentrate on PLANNING trips...not actually being there? That’s tells you the thought process. Recession playbook.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In reality, the quarantines are what’s limiting domestic travel...so I imagine the same will be for Europe.

Sure...you can come (with your go pro as you climb the Mexican pyramid in Epcot 👍🏻 )...but most wont.

Disney is about numbers...and your home restrictions will still limit that.

Same thing here...and even Disney knows it. This played in the prime commercial slots this last week:

Now it’s a pretty good angle...I like it. But when they concentrate on PLANNING trips...not actually being there? That’s tells you the thought process. Recession playbook.
Truth is I don’t see the European market (at least) returning before next summer. Looser border restrictions, vaccinations and the IATA vaccine passport seem to be the agreed way forward over here to reopening travel.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Truth is I don’t see the European market (at least) returning before next summer. Looser border restrictions, vaccinations and the IATA vaccine passport seem to be the agreed way forward over here to reopening travel.
Stateside it’s all on the vaccines and how well the NEW Administration can get them out.

We are looking at no earlier than April for real travel to resume from most of the US to Orlando. It’s just simple logistics. All schools/business are starting to shutdown again and the worst is yet to come. We screwed up...period. Not surprising at all but disappointing.

As far as the Europe goes...I think summer is probably your best case scenario...too many variables. Your governments have been generally speaking more competent - but too many moving parts in an over complicated “engine”

I had a cruise out of Southampton booked for next August as part of a larger trip...well that is now gonna be cancelled as it exceeds the maximum number of nights just imposed. Plus...if no testing/vax/clearance system is in place....I wouldn’t let a filthy American like me into heathrow...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom