Interesting Here-say

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeman

What? he debunked almost everything on the list, most of what was true was already known (such as Star Tours testing going on at WoL).

Thanks for clearing things up Lee!
So? There were also some interesting nuggets in there.

Fox was nice enough to supply us with somethings he heard. Obviously, some of them appear to be way off base, but some of them hold enough truth that I'm not going to dismiss him as a troll.

Furthermore, he had the moxie to stick around and defend and clarify.

When it comes down to it, it's a rumors section. If all of what he heard was wrong, then so be it. If not great.

devoy1701

So? There were also some interesting nuggets in there.

Fox was nice enough to supply us with somethings he heard. Obviously, some of them appear to be way off base, but some of them hold enough truth that I'm not going to dismiss him as a troll.

Furthermore, he had the moxie to stick around and defend and clarify.

When it comes down to it, it's a rumors section. If all of what he heard was wrong, then so be it. If not great.

I think this is the first time someone has defending someone else for bringing completely false rumors to us.

One of the great things about this board is that a good portion of the rumors brought here are pretty high quality stuff, and we definitely need to maintain that level.

It's great that Fox decided to become a member, but this should be a lesson that you shouldn't just post whatever crap someone else brings you as something that will be happening in the next 5-7 years. And the fact that he kept recanting and saying "that's what i meant to say" does plenty to discredit everything he says as ____!t.

Also bringing us "rumors" like Epcot filed for backruptcy and the face of Everest needs to be taken off because the Yeti is attached to the mountain structure (which we all know isn't true).

jakeman

I think this is the first time someone has defending someone else for bringing completely false rumors to us.

One of the great things about this board is that a good portion of the rumors brought here are pretty high quality stuff, and we definitely need to maintain that level.

It's great that Fox decided to become a member, but this should be a lesson that you shouldn't just post whatever crap someone else brings you as something that will be happening in the next 5-7 years. And the fact that he kept recanting and saying "that's what i meant to say" does plenty to discredit everything he says as ____!t.

Also bringing us "rumors" like Epcot filed for backruptcy and the face of Everest needs to be taken off because the Yeti is attached to the mountain structure (which we all know isn't true).
Some of what he has said is wrong and he has willingly admitted that.

Some of what he has said is in line with other things we have heard and some of it is new information (at least to me).

He should be able to post what he wants and not have to worry about being berated into submission. One of the good things about this forum is we have very knowledgeable member who are willing to provide clarifications in a timely manner.

It's funny that those posters simply stepped in and commented and left. The rest of the forum lost their mind and want to see this guy on a pike.

It's a rumor section. Not a "Rumor, but you better have a track record and they need to be plausible and in line with what others have said because we will judge you" section.

SOLISIMO

#7 Confirmed that HQ is truely going to be moving from DL to WDW.. The reason is Disney is implementing their "1 park" philosophy and from what I am hearing WDW is the most suitable choice as is it the most recognized worldwide and gives a lot of chance to experiment with things. :D

I have heard this also (leave it at that) but like someone posted earlier, alot of people are jealous when someone has some insight so why bother posting when you'll get flamed when in reality you do know more then them;)

PS: word of advice, be careful whom you pm with information bc they are really not "private". IE: sources name, work location, etc....

orky8

Sorry man, but no way. No engineers are stupid enough to do a thing like that. Machinery that's only fixable by tearing through the building's walls? It's not a piggy bank. There are ways of removing the Yeti.

That explains the bullet hole in Haunted Mansion at Disneyland... Though I would think the Imagineers learned their lesson from that.

wbc

I think this is a game of telephone.

One guy hears something understands about 50% of it. Tells someone else.

That guy understands 50% of that. Tells someone else.

Next guy understands 50% of it. Tells someone else.

btw. is "your lawyer friend" supposed to release this sensitive information?

SOLISIMO

I think this is a game of telephone.

One guy hears something understands about 50% of it. Tells someone else.

That guy understands 50% of that. Tells someone else.

Next guy understands 50% of it. Tells someone else.

btw. is "your lawyer friend" supposed to release this sensitive information?

You obviously dont know the power of Budlight do ya:)

WDW Monorail

#2 the launching system at epcot for fireworks does not work on an incendiary type system and is patented, which is why they can do illuminations rain or shine if they want to, yet they do not share this tech with the other parks??

The air launched fireworks were first used in Reflections of Earth in 1999.

But Disney went ahead and perfected and enlarged the system for use at Disneyland in order to receive more smog credits from the Southern California Air Quality Management District (AQMD). Early in the decade Disneyland installed a full setup using the air launch tubes in multiple launch locations around the park, and have been using them for years. Since the system emits far fewer pollutants than traditionally launched fireworks, AQMD gave the go-ahead for Disneyland to perform fireworks many more nights per year than they had with their orginal smog credits. (They also were banking on credits from switching the Submarines from diesel to electric in '07, and converting the Mark Twain and Disneyland Railroad to biodiesel in '09).

Disneyland is the only park currently using the air-launch system for their entire fireworks performance each night. The WDW parks use the system when it suits the show or element needed, but since WDW and Orlando has no need to worry about smog and has no powerful government agency like the AQMD breathing down their necks, WDW could light piles of tires on fire each night if they wanted to. :lol:

That is exactly correct. There are only two, separate ALF systems at Epcot, for the first comet and the first 2 shells in the show. The rest is all black powder lift.

Some of the items originally posted are accurate while others require a flag somewhere.

DocMcHulk

fourth, my buddy is one of about 5 lawyers that works with/for imagineering, they are the ones that when imagineers come out with an idea or project they make sure its legally sound and as such he hears of A LOT of whats going to be happening.

Assuming you are legit, you probably should not have said that.

DocMcHulk

PS: Can anyone let me know if there's ever a job opening in WDI's legal department? I have a lawyer friend who is looking for a job.

Mickey is King

Regardless of the extent of truth or accuracy behind any of the other predictions, these make absolutely no sense (unless today is April 1). How do you shutdown a lake, and what sort of 'maintenance costs' does a lake have? For that matter, how do you put a foundation under a lake? Then there is the little matter that the lake is still there today...

Now regarding Epcot, how can one park file bankruptcy on its own?

Some of your comments I'd really love to see happen, but please understand that if they come from the same source as the Epcot bankruptcy, its safe to say they are neither reliable nor accurate.

I could be wrong but I beleive that eack park is a separate business of one another, but all under Disney.

cheap example: If epcot needed more ice creams, they could/would buy them off of AK

I know that is a poor way of framing it, I could have done better. It was just an example. Business do this kind of thing all the time. Divisions/sub-divisions and so on.
hope that helps

fosse76

thank you very much.

I realize there are some faults with my report.

The person whos the lawyer in ca for imagineering is not related to me. We went to college together and I ask him from time to time if hes heard anything in regards to rumors afloat. Most things he cant tell me but the things he can are interesting and I wanted to share them.

Disney doesn't have a separate legal department for Imagineering. I believe each subsidiary has its own legal department, but the departments and divisions within each DO NOT.

Epcot is FULLY OWNED by Disney. Sponsorships essentially means a Company is paying a substantial amount of money to have their name associated with the attraction. What the money is used for is at Disney's discretion. WS operates in a modified manner, where the "sponsored" pavillions are operated by the outside vendor/country, but is wholly owned by Disney. None of the parks operate independently, therefore no individual park can file for bankruptcy.

I could be wrong but I beleive that eack park is a separate business of one another, but all under Disney.

That's only for bookkeeping purposes. They are not subsidiary companies. If they were, it would be plausible, but very unlikely.

cheap example: If epcot needed more ice creams, they could/would buy them off of AK

Agaian, that's for bookkeeping purposes. If Disney wanted to to, they could just take the box of ice creams and move it over.

I know that is a poor way of framing it, I could have done better. It was just an example. Business do this kind of thing all the time. Divisions/sub-divisions and so on. hope that helps

The parks aren't individually-owned businesses. Therefore, one park cannot file for bankruptcy.

allgar

It's a rumor section. Not a "Rumor, but you better have a track record and they need to be plausible and in line with what others have said because we will judge you" section.

Amen!

Let's encourage discussion not stifle it. Rumors are rumors and the reason we all want to talk about them is that they can be fun. Let them be fun.

...and for those who believe Lee came in and disproved the rumors I remind you that he only shared an opposite opinion. He may have more credit with us, and therefore we may choose to believe him more, but it is still just an opinion albeit an educated one.

Alektronic

I think the OP just heard a lot of different rumors and then posted them here and see if anyone can support them or disprove them.

foxrcr54

Original Poster
Tp2000 thanks for the clarification of the fireworks I did not know all of that info. I appreciate the education in that area.

Speaking to the HQ and brass moving to wdw, I understand the financial implications of this but I have heard this from multiple areas. Again I encourage you and others to seek info on the 1 park concept, which I agree is contradictory to Walts vision, however Walt also developed characters for rides and then came merch and such.... now we do the opposite and it all evolves around how much merch they can sell to maximize profits on a cash cow.

I really do believe this is one of the reasons they put figment back into the ride the merch selling.

Thanks Lee for speaking about the commentary as well.

I appreciate other peoples views speaking of whether they have heard similar things such as the 1 park theory, or sharing their own knowledge as to why it seems completely absurd. The point is the items are food for thought and I still feel have credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom