Interesting Disney Parks Survey Question I got Today - Tiered Ticket Pricing by Season

Cosmic Commando

I got this survey but based on how I answered my demographics up front I was not chosen to complete the survey. That said, note that the bronze pricing is closest to today's pricing (for a 1-day ticket anyway). Silver and Gold are premiums. This nickel and diming is getting ridiculous. And, how many times will people buy the wrong tickets for when they arrive? And, how upset will people be when their trip has 1 day in Gold and they have to buy the total 7-day package at gold?

This is getting far too complicated.
Yeah, but the "premium" is 2/3 of the year. :rolleyes:

ParentsOf4

Seriously? What idiot is trying to justify their job? Or is Disney telling us in advance of another price hike?
With record theme park attendance, it really isn't surprising that Disney is 'exploring opportunities to leverage success.' So yes, it appears Disney is considering further price increases.

Although they list "MAY 2014" as first month, it's interesting to note that "Bronze days" use the 2015 Magic Your Way (MYW) ticket pricing.

The base MYW "Gold day" prices represent a potential 13.8% price increase, an increase WDW hasn't seen since 1986.

TinkerBelle8878

Wow. This is a pretty overt nickel and diming. If you try to go to the park under a 'lesser' ticket you have to pay more because of the kind of day? Oh come on. I think at this rate they're just purposely trying to tick people off and send them elsewhere to spend their money. There was nothing wrong with the old tickets where you weren't paying extra for park hopping and non -expiration. They were simple. They were straight forward. But apparently they weren't going to make more money for the company. I have to figure that both Magic My Way and now this, if its implemented, are just them grasping at straws because maybe people were only buying the bare minimum and none of the up charges that they were counting on. What does a day when there's a upcharge ticket only 'party' count as? It should be bronze as it isn't a full park day.

Slowjack

Here are some of my thoughts reading this:

A. It used to be that on-season and off-season were quite different experiences. But now, not only have crowds evened out quite a bit, but also Disney seems to pare back service and capacity to match the crowd level.

B. To the extent that peak times are more popular, the larger crowds make the trip less enjoyable, not more. People who go during peak times are often going during peak times because that's the time they have to go if they are going. Few people actually prefer to be in Florida during June rather than the fall. This would be charging them more for something they want less.

PhotoDave219

Wow. This is a pretty overt nickel and diming. If you try to go to the park under a 'lesser' ticket you have to pay more because of the kind of day? Oh come on. I think at this rate they're just purposely trying to tick people off and send them elsewhere to spend their money. There was nothing wrong with the old tickets where you weren't paying extra for park hopping and non -expiration. They were simple. They were straight forward. But apparently they weren't going to make more money for the company. I have to figure that both Magic My Way and now this, if its implemented, are just them grasping at straws because maybe people were only buying the bare minimum and none of the up charges that they were counting on. What does a day when there's a upcharge ticket only 'party' count as? It should be bronze as it isn't a full park day.

Its just some junior executive who's trying to make a name for himself inside the company and get a promotion. (IMO) I mean its so half based and insane, you can clearly see it wasnt thought through whatsoever.

There's no need for this. Anyone who pays attention to crowds can see that WDW is experiencing record attendance and that there the crowd is spread out. Weekdays aren't dead by any stretch of the imagination and are just as bad as some weekdays.

Also, toss in the hard ticket events for MNSSHP & MVMCP and thats going to screw this idea up any more.

xstech25

I am amazed theme parks haven't started doing this yet considering hotels/sporting events/airlines have been dynamically pricing basically forever, including Disney hotels. I would bet on Disney and Universal starting this soon and then all other theme parks will follow suit.
Few people actually prefer to be in Florida during June rather than the fall. This would be charging them more for something they want less.
If that's the case then the people who go anywhere during a peak time theoretically should pay less. Do you know anyone who would rather go when it is crowded compared to not crowded? Kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Pricing anything, whether it be a ticket to Disneyland or an apple at the grocery store, has everything to do with supply/demand and elasticity and nothing to do with peoples feelings. Disney knows they price out a huge, probably majority, of the US population. It doesn't matter they still have very high attendance.

Think about it, the NY Giants stadium holds what, like 70,000 people? The NY metro area has 20 million residents...do you seriously think they have to try and make it affordable to sell out games?

Last edited:

Nemo14

Multi-day tickets crossing two or more seasons must be purchased at the highest season’s price.

I find this line the most offensive pat of the whole mess. Even though it doesn't affect me in the least since we never do more than a couple of days at a time, basically it's punishing people for planning longer trips. And will all those special tickets offered to European visitors reflect the same price hikes?

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Are you people for real? This is nothing but a price gouge, and you're willing to accept it? I'm sorry, but this has got to be one of the most greedy price changes proposed, and you both are minimizing it? My true thoughts are being repressed as I do subscribe to the axiom If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything.

Wow. Did you even see the point as it sailed clear over your head?

Neither of them said they were willing to accept it, though I suspect @hakunamatata being the rube he is, will be okay with it. They both said the increases weren't enough to move them into different times of year.

Ironically, if you truly subscribed to that axiom, your post probably would have been less pointed and aggressive.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Are you people for real? This is nothing but a price gouge, and you're willing to accept it? I'm sorry, but this has got to be one of the most greedy price changes proposed, and you both are minimizing it? My true thoughts are being repressed as I do subscribe to the axiom If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything.
You might wanna cut back on the drama shots in your esspresso. I said nothing about liking it. I just said that it wouldn't deter me from booking a vacation.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Wow. Did you even see the point as it sailed clear over your head?

Neither of them said they were willing to accept it, though I suspect @hakunamatata being the rube he is, will be okay with it. They both said the increases weren't enough to move them into different times of year.

Ironically, if you truly subscribed to that axiom, your post probably would have been less pointed and aggressive.
And that's third level rube. I'm not just any ordinary variety of rube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom