Interesting CM stories

Pocamahontas

Yeah. I didn't realize you had it- I saw it on Photobucket and liked it. Sorry.:eek:

I am currently seasonal as a character attendant, and will also be doing QSFB this summer (don't know where yet).

Oh no no, I think I found mine on google images :rolleyes:
I'm a photopass photographer!
Which park do you normally work at?
Um...what's QSFB?

Pocamahontas

Um...no. I picked it only because there were no other roles.

But I will be done with school next May, and I will be going back to entertainment for good.

Ohhh, well then that's great :D
Are you a CP?
And when you say entertainment, do you plan on auditioning? Or do you like just being an attendant?

joanna71985

Ohhh, well then that's great :D
Are you a CP?
And when you say entertainment, do you plan on auditioning? Or do you like just being an attendant?

Yes.

Let's put it this way...my next audition will be my 5th.:lookaroun

If I can't get that though, I am quite happy with attendant.

Pocamahontas

Yes.

Let's put it this way...my next audition will be my 5th.:lookaroun

If I can't get that though, I am quite happy with attendant.

Well at least we know you have dedication! :sohappy: Which is definitely something to be admired!
May I ask when it is?
(I actually have one the 13th,and I'm not too proud to say that I'm a bit nervous)
((a bit meaning terribly))

joanna71985

Well at least we know you have dedication! :sohappy: Which is definitely something to be admired!
May I ask when it is?
(I actually have one the 13th,and I'm not too proud to say that I'm a bit nervous)
((a bit meaning terribly))

The audition wouldn't be til next year. I would be auditioning for Fall 2009.

Good luck with yours!

Gorjus

Pocamahontas,

Let me know how your audition goes. I'll be at my new park by then, but I'll want to keep up with you. Are you staying at MK? I'm sure you told me, but I'm having trouble keeping track of where everyone is going. It is kind of like remembering each day where you parked your car at Westclock. :eek::brick:

Last week for all of us to be together.:cry:

There should be desert.

Gorjus

Pocamahontas

Pocamahontas,

Let me know how your audition goes. I'll be at my new park by then, but I'll want to keep up with you. Are you staying at MK? I'm sure you told me, but I'm having trouble keeping track of where everyone is going. It is kind of like remembering each day where you parked your car at Westclock. :eek::brick:

Last week for all of us to be together.:cry:

There should be desert.

Gorjus

I can't believe you're leaving MK!!!!:eek:
Of course that's where I'm staying!
Granted, I'm one to talk because if pass my audition then I'll be leaving photopass. :rolleyes: But I fully intend to transfer back eventually!
Where are you going?
This really issss sad :cry:

Stephers

I love this thread. Wonderful people work at Disney.....many, many thanks to all of you for making it such a wonderful place!!!!

sillyspook13

Today two little boys made my day magical!

I work at Animal Kingdom at the tip board and as a greeter. One of my friends from the dream squad happened to be passing by when we were approached by the boys (maybe 3-4 years old) and their parents.

The boys had pin lanyards on, and their mom explained that they weren't collecting any particular pins. They were just trading for fun. The boys were very polite as they traded with us.

The younger boy then told us that he wanted a Buzz Lightyear pin because he liked the one on his brother's lanyard. The older boy offered to trade the pin and the two traded without any argument.

I wanted to do something special for the boys for being so nice. Luckily I had a set of pixie dust pins with me at the time! I presented each brother with their own pin. They were both excited- one of the boys was so excited that he pushed his stroller right into traffic without even noticing!:lol:

I love moments like these that remind me why I work at Disney World!:)

kshark

A favorite recent one. This came from one my CMs.

A guest recently called to "speak with your supervisor". When the Cast Member attempted to find out with what manager and for what purpose, the guest repeated "Just let me talk to Mr Rolo." The Cast Member let the guest know that she was not aware of a leader name "Mr Rolo". The guest then said "then just let me talk to Megan". As there are many Megans that this CM works with, she asked for a last name. The guest then replied "Crawford". So the CM comes to me and says "who is Megan Crawford"? And I had noooooooo idea. So then I thought for a second and walked back to her desk and said "Meg Crofton?" and she repeated that to the guest and gave me a thumbs up. So I told her to see if she can take a message with the guests information and have someone get back to her.

Interesting in it's self... but the REAL fun of the story came from the following....

When I looked at the Cast Member, she was laughing so hard she was nearly crying. She handed me her notepad that had the following notes...

"XXX XXX (guest name) XXX-XXX-XXXX (guest phone number). Guest has purchased tickets for her group, wants refund and an explanation for moving the Disney MGM Studios to hollywood. Guest cannot afford to re-book her flights and airline will not change flights from Orlando to Hollywood for free. Guest has already called US Airways to complain but they suggested she call us for an explanation"

lol.. :lol::ROFLOL:

sarabi

When I was CPing I did QSFB at DAK. One of my favorite locations to work was Camp Minnie Mickey, near Festival of the Lion King. Not only could I see the show through a gap in the theater wall, but I was near the character trails.
Whenever Rafiki was around, he would come over and steal my frozen bananas! It was hilarious... I guess you had to be there. But between me singing and dancing the Lion King music and Rafiki stealing my bananas, we would always have all the guests worked up. I would yell at him "Bad Monkey!" and the kids would yell at me "He's a BABBOON!"
Then he'd take the bananas and hand them to some kids.
At the end of the day I would go back to base to do inventory and account for my 'spoils' (ie: ice cream that didn't make it back). My manager got used to seeing "9 stolen by Rafiki" on my inventory.

Kerby626

I'm definitely not a CM but I do have a couple things that CM's have done for me. Last year when I was deployed to Iraq my wife and Sweetpee93 w/family were at WDW. They had a pair of specially made mouse ears made at MK for my build-a-bear they had done. The awesome lady told them it wasn't allowed to use copyrighted names but none the less took my bear and made him his special ears. Last September wife and I went back because I wanted to thank this wonderful woman personally only to find out she had retired.

The other is a story I have told to no one else. Well at least I dont think I told anyone here. In 2003 at Goofy's Kitchen at DL Hotel. Minnie broke out of character and said "ooo rah" to me when she found out I was a US Marine.

You CM's have alot on your plates and plenty of crappy experiences. Thanks from those of us who appreciate all you do to make our time at ANY Disney park memorable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom