Interesting Believe 2018

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

No opinion here, just questions,
How close are the fires to DLR? If this isn't under control soon, Might DL have to cut back on Believe until rain or firefighters get the upper hand? Let's remember that Orlando had a fire/drought problem right before HEA opened. It didn't effect HEA thank Goodness(might have affected SW AGS. ROE and Wishes were not I believe) but they were needing rain!
the only one with the upper hand is John Doe. John Doe has the upper hand!!! John Doe has the upper hand!!!

jrhwdw

Original Poster
Forgot to mention that we've known DL's history with the Santa Ana winds for years. Canceling Fireworks is nothing new. However if the vid I posted at the start of this thread is a safe way of getting round canceling, It's a good show! No music was cut(Shocking!). I'm sure DL would cancel if it needs too. Believe, RDCT, DL Forever all have tiny shows they can do if its cancelled. Was Togetther Forever ever cancelled? I haven't seen a wind/rain show from that.

On then other hand, If this was a test for next year during the work week, I like it! Then the old Wind rules would be in place.

TP2000

They just did the Christmas fireworks again tonight, third night in a row even as the Woolsey fire continues to burn up in Ventura County.

Disneyland continues on, even under a dry desert climate and autumn wind patterns that have existed for tens of thousands of years in this region of the continent.

Darkbeer1

And the Extreme Fire Danger is now through January 31st based on the weather forecast and amount of potential fuel in the wooden areas.

Not good news at all.

Stevek

Interesting if they are truly doing a B show focusing only on the low level fireworks. It actually looks good and wish they would have instituted this years ago...have spent several evenings with the kids on Main Street only to have fireworks cancelled due to "winds at higher elevations"

jrhwdw

Original Poster
From Twtter and YT, I haven't seen any more "B" shows this week. Has the winds been better this week?(Fires isn't any better)

Disney Analyst

From Twtter and YT, I haven't seen any more "B" shows this week. Has the winds been better this week?(Fires isn't any better)

Do we know if it was wind related or a test? They seemed to have more castle pyro that we see in the regular show, am I wrong? Perhaps they are doing tests to see guest reaction, if anyone noticed? I still think they may start designing shows to have a castle pyro version during the week and a full pyro on weekends.

Stevek

No opinion here, just questions,
How close are the fires to DLR? If this isn't under control soon, Might DL have to cut back on Believe until rain or firefighters get the upper hand? Let's remember that Orlando had a fire/drought problem right before HEA opened. It didn't effect HEA thank Goodness(might have affected SW AGS. ROE and Wishes were not I believe) but they were needing rain!

Not remotely close at all.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive (I have many family and friends that are firefighters) but have the DL fireworks ever actually caused a fire?

Disney Analyst

Okay after watching the video again, i firmly believe this is a test for Mickeys Mix. They want to see how the shows look in a b-mode during weekdays, and gauge audience reaction. I strongly feel that they are going to be designing shows now that run all year long, but have different pyro levels based on time of year.

Why do I think this? There is far more castle pyro used in the version on video then in the actual show, so they had to plan for it... and load it.

MTBaymax

Okay after watching the video again, i firmly believe this is a test for Mickeys Mix. They want to see how the shows look in a b-mode during weekdays, and gauge audience reaction. I strongly feel that they are going to be designing shows now that run all year long, but have different pyro levels based on time of year.

Why do I think this? There is far more castle pyro used in the version on video then in the actual show, so they had to plan for it... and load it.
Came across this from this year’s Star Wars “Disneyland After Dark”.

This style could, in fact, be the new “weekday” normal.

Last edited:

VJ

I don't think this should be viewed as a bad thing. It's literally more bang (as an alternative to nothing) for your buck if you like going on weeknights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom