Interesting Believe 2018

jrhwdw

Original Poster
Just saw a very interesting vid on YT of Believe In Holiday Magic this year,

Twitter is calling this a wind version, not bad since they didn't have to cancel the show!

Does DL have wind restrictions on the low pyro some nights too?
If this could be the off season weekday version in 2019, I'm all for it!

MTBaymax

I think its nice they have a "B version" of this show. I've always found it ridiculous Disneyland cancels entire shows because of the weather. If Magic Kingdom can do Happily Ever After in a summertime deluge with wind blowing and rain pouring down, surely DL can modify their nighttime shows to give the Guests something. Kudos to them!!
Remember... #BlessingOfSize. MK doesn’t worry about being surrounded by suburbia the way Disneyland does.

Californian Elitist

Still though, there are zero excuses for cancelling any shows period except under extreme weather conditions. I find it hard to believe those fireworks launched from around the castle are hazardous. And with projection mapping readily available, a show with no high level pyro can and should happen. Hollywood Studios does it exceptionally well with Jingle Bell Jingle BAM.

They actually are dangerous, and the fireworks aren’t just launched from the castle. Disneyland has neighbors and regulations to follow. Plenty of excuses, as safety is more important than a firework display.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh right, I forgot Disney has to unfortunately cater to the "public" in California. Just another reason why Magic Kingdom is the superior park for fireworks, none of those silly neighbors to deal with. Lol. Reading stuff like this really makes me never want to visit DL. I can't imagine traveling all the way from Orlando to the mother-ship park only to have the fireworks show cancelled at the last minute because of wind. Yikes.

That is pretty insensitive given that right now some of those same "silly neighbors" are literally burning down due to fires. The same very thing they are trying to prevent when they cancel fireworks due to wind.

So yes, please don't come to DL.....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No one beside Disneyland is having their house burned down, please don't spread lies.

No one is spreading lies. A random burning ember from a Disneyland firework can float for miles in the wind. So just because a house isn't burning down right next door to Disneyland doesn't mean they don't have to be responsible with their firework shows.

It also doesn't mean your comment isn't insensitive to the current fire situation in California.

The Mom

Premium Member
Still though, there are zero excuses for cancelling any shows period except under extreme weather conditions. I find it hard to believe those fireworks launched from around the castle are hazardous. And with projection mapping readily available, a show with no high level pyro can and should happen. Hollywood Studios does it exceptionally well with Jingle Bell Jingle BAM.
California IS having extreme weather conditions.

The Mom

Premium Member
Last time I checked, Anaheim wasn't burning down. Nice try though mommy

The whole state is in a drought. Just because there are no fires there today doesn't mean that there will not be any tomorrow. The fireworks were cancelled because of extreme weather conditions - and the fire danger. They don't have to wait until one actually starts before they cancel the fireworks - an ounce of prevention and all that.

And it's The Mom. Not mommy.

Californian Elitist

Oh right, I forgot Disney has to unfortunately cater to the "public" in California. Just another reason why Magic Kingdom is the superior park for fireworks, none of those silly neighbors to deal with. Lol. Reading stuff like this really makes me never want to visit DL. I can't imagine traveling all the way from Orlando to the mother-ship park only to have the fireworks show cancelled at the last minute because of wind. Yikes.

I was expecting a response like this from you.

There are families that live just minutes away from the parks in Anaheim. Making sure guests and residents are safe isn’t “unfortunate.” What’s wrong with you?

Please, stay in Florida. Keep your attitude with you. No one cares if you visit Disneyland or not. Less suffering for all of us.

Darkbeer1

Oh how I've missed chatting with you <3 I wasn't aware the situation was bad enough to warrant fireworks bans in the immediate area near to DLR. I am woefully ignorant of California geography, so I had no idea these fires were anywhere near Anaheim, let alone Disneyland.

Unfortently the fires are about a hour away, so about 45 miles at its closest point.

And it is still raging and flaring up.

We have friends and family that have been displaced or even worse, lost their homes.

Fireworks is also a political issue and is a concern brought up on a regular basis.

But to Disney, every time the Fireworks are planned, many things are done starting hours before they happen to insure the safety of the CM's, guests, and nearby folks.

Safety is always the first priority and if the show needs to be cancelled then that is the decision, no matter how many guests it upsets.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Once again, to all those who have been affected by the California fires, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Californian Elitist

Oh how I've missed chatting with you <3 I wasn't aware the situation was bad enough to warrant fireworks bans in the immediate area near to DLR. I am woefully ignorant of California geography, so I had no idea these fires were anywhere near Anaheim, let alone Disneyland.

Oh, I’m sure you miss getting dragged.

If you weren’t aware, why didn’t you inquire instead of making ignorant comments?

Darkbeer1

As someone who is deeply involved in politics here in Anaheim, there is, and has been since the 1970's a portion of our residents that feel that Disneyland is evil and the cause of all of our problems.

About 10 years ago, the Unions picked up on this theme, and now is used regularly at Council meetings, including multiple speakers tonight. (I am typing this while at tonight's meeting).

So it is a hot topic, and with added dates due to the extended Holiday events that add more days each year, the amount of fireworks has gone from about half the year to two-thirds.

Enough talk about politics, just bringing home the point that the city is very worried about fire. In fact, a public speaker is talking about Anaheim Hills and fire danger.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The whole state is in a drought. Just because there are no fires there today doesn't mean that there will not be any tomorrow. The fireworks were cancelled because of extreme weather conditions - and the fire danger. They don't have to wait until one actually starts before they cancel the fireworks - an ounce of prevention and all that.

And it's The Mom. Not mommy.
I Think I just fell in love with you all over again dream woman.

Darkbeer1

We might need to hose down the Happy Haunt, but alas, we need all the fire hoses and water to fight the fires currently....

jrhwdw

Original Poster
No opinion here, just questions,
How close are the fires to DLR? If this isn't under control soon, Might DL have to cut back on Believe until rain or firefighters get the upper hand? Let's remember that Orlando had a fire/drought problem right before HEA opened. It didn't effect HEA thank Goodness(might have affected SW AGS. ROE and Wishes were not I believe) but they were needing rain!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom